Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some members on the site seems to be policemen on grammar and spelling of English language . My question is : How is my grammar and spelling ? My posts are understandable ? Keep in mind that English isn't my first language . So don't be cruel to me .:smile::smile::smile::wink:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Some members of the site seem (no 's) to be policemen of grammar and spelling of the English language. (no space before a fullstop) My question is: (no space again and the use of a colon here is questionable) how are my grammar and spelling? (no space again) My posts are understandable? (no space again) Keep in mind that English isn't my first language. (no space again) So don't be cruel to me.(no space again) :smile::smile::smile::wink:

Fine David - absolutely fine :tongue:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, all joking aside, you do very well for someone communicating in a second language. You make a few basic errors from time to time, but I don't find you at all hard to understand and you do an awful lot better than some native English speakers I've seen here and online generally.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your posts are quite understandable. It isn't really apparent that English is a second language to you. Don't worry about it.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your posts are quite understandable. It isn't really apparent that English is a second language to you. Don't worry about it.
Thanks man . After reading the smelling thread , I wonder if my posts were really understandable.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know my grammar & spelling of words is bad many times...esp when I don't take my time.
Not tryin to make excuses...but didn't get to go to far in school..but the dictionary is my friend (smile).

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone here is free to vote as they please. To the members that vote horrible please write a brief explanation. I don't mind negative opinions . I want to read from all sides.:smile::smile::smile:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Thanks . I wrote this thread based on the smelling thread .

You're still putting a space between the last word of a sentence and the punctuation mark which ends it.
Also, some of your prepositions are incorrect (not in the above passage, but in others), but they almost never impair the comprehensibility of a text. (They are also one of the last things that a student masters in a language acquired in adulthood.)
You make only tiny errors, HD.
I find you perfectly easy to understand.
If I may ask, what is your native language?

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're still putting a space between the last word of a sentence and the punctuation mark which ends it.
Also, some of your prepositions are incorrect (not in the above passage, but in others), but they almost never impair the comprehensibility of a text. (They are also one of the last things that a student masters in a language acquired in adulthood.)
You make only tiny errors, HD.
I find you perfectly easy to understand.
If I may ask, what is your native language?
Spanish.

Alex Chambers

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Some members on the site seems to be policemen on grammar and spelling of English language . My question is : How is my grammar and spelling ? My posts are understandable ? Keep in mind that English isn't my first language . So don't be cruel to me .:smile::smile::smile::wink:

In my experience, people who acquire English as a second language generally learn how to write and speak it better (through formal classroom instruction) than those who are native speakers (who have picked up the language from lazy and complacent speakers of the language). As I read this post, and as I recall from reading some of your others, the fact that you are not a native speaker of English didn't really occur to me. I think you communicate very well.

Hasta luego.