How Lame Is This? "The Bulge"

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think the product is sad (BTW, I've heard them called "fill-does".)

Different people will have different motivations for wearing that product. Sure, the most obvious reason that comes to mind is insecurity over one's natural size. And I'll agree: it makes me sad that as a whole, Americans have serious issues with body image.

But here are some other uses for the product:
  • Pre-op FTM transsexuals who are seeking to 'pass' as a man.
  • The unsung 'Bobbitts' of the world who've lost or mangled their genitals due to accident or disease, and wish to avoid painful questions about the incident.
  • Women playing men on stage. (No 'Peter' Pan jokes here!)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Of the unsung 'Bobbitts' of the world, you forgot the reason Bobbitt lost his.

Americans tend to have body image problems. The problem is, they'll go from one beauty standard to another faster than one can modify one's body and remain healthy. (Notice how quickly heroin chic caught on despite years of voluptuous women.)

steve_w: ...And I always thought guys today were trying to HIDE their junk all the time!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I think I saw that on King of the Hill. Basically whenever Hank sat down, it put all that pressure on his spine rather than having enough tissue.

That being said, I don't have much of an ass, but I still don't need one of those things to sit down. LOL

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
LOL The ass augmetation is humorous. I've been told I inherited my dad's lack of... bubble :) It's nice, but fortunately, it's not my ass most guys are interested in.

I can see the real need for the bulge enhancer, as Mindseye pointed out but it is being sold as a vanity device rather than a medical device.

Charles: Tatoos, hardware hanging on the face, wild hairdos, weird clothing...

The world is full of people making desperate attempts to get attention. A fake bulge is just an alternative method.

Charles

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've got tatt's and some hardware! No face jewelry...and it's not to get attention. It's for myself and the enrichment of my sexuality, sex and overcoming physical and spiritual challenges....oh, hell I'm just plain ol' kinky!

drrionelli: I once read that this particular product was actually produced based on its designers own putative endowment. I cannot attest to the validity of that, but I did read it.

Go figure. This guy wanted everyone to have a bulge just like his. Now THAT'S ego! :blink:

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by Charles@Aug 11 2004, 09:39 PM
Tatoos, hardware hanging on the face, wild hairdos, weird clothing...

The world is full of people making desperate attempts to get attention. A fake bulge is just an alternative method.

Charles
I've also got a Tat and piercings, but NOT for attention, and they do not draw any unwanted attention.

I don't need a fake bulge either!!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Same thoughts here. Two tattooes and one tongue ring later, I think I got my fill of bod modification. And I'm sure part of it was based on vanity, but there's some symbolic meaning about what I've got in my body and mouth.

Guess ya put your foot in your mouth, eh?

Anywho, that bulge enhancer's REALLY gonna suck when you get down to business. I mean, how discreetly can you pull that baby out, toss it under some clothes, work up a quick erection and get to drillin' before the partner of choice goes... hmmmm?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well, obviously, most of us on here don't need to enhance our bulges, but as to tattoos and such, I have two tattoos. I didn't do it "for attention" as Charles puts it, and I take offense that he claims that the reason that people get tattoos or piercings are for that. If he knew that outside of my ink, I appear to be a very conservative, starched shirt type--Note: don't judge a book by it's cover!--but I am not always the ultra conservative that I appear. Yes, in many things I am, but I do have a little rebellious streak. Getting the tattoos were my way of expressing myself. I can keep them hidden when I need to and when I want to show them I do. They are not offensive or grotesque, and they are actually conservative designs...one of them is a geometric design of a cross, since I am a Christian. Even when I rebel, I don't do it too wildly.

The bulge thing seems pretty lame to me...I mean, when you get hot and heavy with someone, it's going to be obvious that you have something faking a big bulge and that you don't measure up when a 4.5" bone pops out.

So Charles, don't just jump to conclusions as to why people get pierced or inked...we all have reasons. Yeah, maybe some people do it for attention, but most of us dont.

B_8strong8long

Just Browsing
Media
It's on my list... A TATTOO that is, not any silly bulge maker, I've got plenty of the real thing. (It's pretty lame alright, I mean what does a little guy wearing one of these plastic penises do when it's time to have sex for real?)

Now about a tattoo, I've wanted one for a long time, but putting something on your body is a big decision and I've been trying to come up with the perfect symbol, picture, whatever, that a) says something about me, and B) is something I'm going to want to wear forever.

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by ORCABOMBER@Aug 31 2004, 02:19 AM
You tattoed it on your pecker, didn't you? Well, it aids the swirling motion! ;)

I'm not into tatoos at the mo. I haven't got a lot of plain skin for one!
OUCH!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!