• fair

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that Facebook is fine . It can be a good tool to keep in touch with friends . Some people are addicted to the site hanging there almost 24 hours a day and 7 days a week . I don't understand that . To me the site isn't that great . Many sites on the net are way better than FaceBook.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What I like about FB is the fact that I have been put back in touch with so many people from my past. It is a great way of keeping in touch.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
It's only good because everyone is on it. The actual site itself I could take or leave - the quizzes, aps and whatknot have gotten old quite quickly. It's all about the peeps.

*Says she as she flicks tabs back to FB to finish taking her turns on a few games of scrabble :redface:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
It used to be much more fun years ago, but it's changed so many times now, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

I find it good for keeping in touch with people and for social stuff, it's great for keeping abreast of what's going on in your locale. I get on guests lists and invites to all kinds of events, gigs, club nights et.c. through FB. It's still has that stalkerish edge which is weird because it makes almost everyone on it into a cyber-stalker. I love looking at people's photos and FB really is good for reuniting you with people you haven't spoken to in years, though whether you actually end up rekindling your friendship is another matter. My family are crap at keeping in touch with eachother so it's useful for keeping that connection up.

But it really isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The options don't make sense, there is no really lame option which is my opinion. Social networking, I know people that update there facebook page via a cellphone and that is just another factor in terrible driving, distracted pedestrians and kids not paying attention in school. It also causes alot of legal issue with kids who want to bully via the internet. I know on my block alone it has caused runins with the neighbor kids which has actually gotten police involved. I just heard a news report where they stated that kids are using handheld electronic devices up to 8 hours a day.

Last edited:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Won't touch it, so I don't know what the hype is about. I seem to have gotten a Facebook friending request every other day for the past several years -- everyone I ever knew from high school or uni, it seems, as well as a goodly number of people I only slept with. But I never registered with the site, so I just let them pass. I'm in the phone book if anyone cares enough to ring.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The options don't make sense, there is no really lame option which is my opinion. Social networking, I know people that update there facebook page via a cellphone and that is just another factor in terrible driving, distracted pedestrians and kids not paying attention in school. It also causes alot of legal issue with kids who want to bully via the internet. I know on my block alone it has caused runins with the neighbor kids which has actually gotten police involved. I just heard a news report where they stated that kids are using handheld electronic devices up to 8 hours a day.
I underlined parts which I am in 100% agreement on. The difference is I wanted in addition to 'really lame'' option, an option of 'crappy'.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

I'm not sure I see what's so bad about kids using handheld electronic devices 8 hours a day.

Bullying hapens anywhere, I don't think FB is to blame for people (in this case kids) being arseholes to eachother.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's only good because everyone is on it. The actual site itself I could take or leave - the quizzes, aps and whatknot have gotten old quite quickly. It's all about the peeps.

What she said.

The best site update, IMO, was the ability to ignore messages and updates from apps people use. For a while there, I was on the verge of de-listing a few people who got sucked into that Mafia Wars game.

Whatknot? Wood confusion? :wink:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What I like about FB is the fact that I have been put back in touch with so many people from my past. It is a great way of keeping in touch.
Ditto... Seems my whole family is on it. It's been fun staying in touch with all my clever nieces and nephews.

The girl who popped my cherry found me a few months ago... That's been weird. :redface: She wanted to meet up when I was in the US recently, but I begged off. I think she's mad at me again. :tongue:

It's also been useful for spying on my kid! You can pick up all kind of clues from their friend's comments and the pics they post!

It's been great playing scrabble with the kid too. She's bloody good at it and likes to brag on about her word prowess, so I love taking her down a peg.

Isn't that Farmville the lamest thing? God I hate that one.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TBH I only started using it after a bike trip I did in the Himalayas 18 months ago. It was just the most convenient way for 30 or so people to share their memories, videos and photos.

I posted up a while back that I was going on another bike trip round Asia and someone I hadn't spoken to for years piped up he'd be interested in going so my original two weeks has now been extended by a month! When you're single and older, finding people in your local circle of friends with the same interests and time/inclination to indulge them is trickier so contact with like-minded folk around the world can be a real bonus sometimes.

I carried on using it as I have a heavy concentration technical job so it's a good distraction for posting mischievous comments and keeping my sense of humour alive through a day that all too often involves little in the way of social contact.

Who knows how many 40th birthday parties I'm gonna find myself going to this year I'd otherwise have missed.

It has its uses.

Last edited:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's also been useful for spying on my kid! You can pick up all kind of clues from their friend's comments and the pics they post!

Some of my mates are really pissed off as their kids have blocked them on Facebook for exactly that reason.:biggrin1:

D

deleted3782

The girl who popped my cherry found me a few months ago... That's been weird. :redface: She wanted to meet up when I was in the US recently, but I begged off. I think she's mad at me again. :tongue:

Once you ride the Vincinator, you can never quit.

Isn't that Farmville the lamest thing? God I hate that one.

I admit I played this until I got to level 29, but once I was able to make my farm look as I wanted...the game lost its appeal. I did get a friend addicted to Farmville...she enjoys playing every day now.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just use it to stay in touch with a few people. I've never been a fan of the games and applications. The thing I don't understand is why someone who I have never met or heard of in my life would send a friend request.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's good for keeping in touch with people outside of your normal day to day goings on. I'm not a facebook addict however, I log in every few days.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Some of my mates are really pissed off as their kids have blocked them on Facebook for exactly that reason.:biggrin1:
These days it can work both ways though. :redface:

Once you ride the Vincinator, you can never quit.

I admit I played this until I got to level 29, but once I was able to make my farm look as I wanted...the game lost its appeal. I did get a friend addicted to Farmville...she enjoys playing every day now.

Or forget about it, it would seem! :cool:

I got to level 17 or something. I never could grow those damn soybeans... They kept wilting. I was planting my crops in pretty patterns and contrasting colours.