• fair

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's great for what it's meant for. Don't see how you can really compare it to other sites, though.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just use it to stay in touch with a few people. I've never been a fan of the games and applications. The thing I don't understand is why someone who I have never met or heard of in my life would send a friend request.
This...
It's good for keeping in touch with people outside of your normal day to day goings on. I'm not a facebook addict however, I log in every few days.
and this!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All and every social networking site, like Facebook, I have blocked on all my routers.

The places are full of nutjobs, viruses, and generally creeps me out.

Nearest I get to anything like FB, is forums like this, and IRC.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
All and every social networking site, like Facebook, I have blocked on all my routers.

The places are full of nutjobs, viruses, and generally creeps me out.

+1

I've got 3 PC's on my repair bench right now. All have Myspace IM, Facebook blah blah blah, and ALL have the Rogue malware, and numerous other destructive viruses and trojan horses.

Those sites are chock full of garbage. All those "Free" page overlays? You bettcha... many embedded with viruses to infect you and every visitor that comes along.

BTW - The Rogue malware and Antivir 2010 seem to be the most happening thing here in MI lately. I got a few other phone calls just this week. Odd.

Getting back to the OP.
For the first time, I logged onto Facebook. So, I created a profile... and about half way through, they wanted cell phone numbers and other personal information. I could not change my real name to something generic without either payment or telephone numbers/cell phone numbers.

I can understand how theyre trying to crack down on identity theft...but these sites are an Identity Thefts dream come true.
A pedophiles dreams come true too for some that post their familys photos and children.

Secondly, I don't really have too many people from my past that I'd care to keep in touch with (High school days).

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all...

The folks on MY page are FRIENDS ( from my PAST. people I have MET in person and a FEW folks I have met on CAM... or the NET...)
They can't steal a damn thing FROM my broke ass.. GOOD luck by the way...
If you ONLY knew..:wink: Your ass will be so in trouble
HA HA!!

But, anyway... You can CHOOSE who you add.. so if you want faceless folks add them if not then DON'T!! Like right now.. ONE girl did NOT make the cut to my facebook page.. because I just did NOT want her seeing my up to date life.. " Yeah, I had her on My Space.. But, she has shown me that I do NOT like her.. she was like a DAMN NUT case.. It takes a WHOLE lot for ME to feel that way about someone.. so that tells you something..about her ass.

But, as far as KIDS on the network.. I say NO... My family members kids STAY OFF that crap!! Not for them in the first place.. Too much crazy in the world as it is.. Then to add the damn NET... HELL NAW...

But, Facebook is PRETTY good, I have found MORE of my OLD friends from growing up on that network than MySpace... So I have been catching up and When I go home.. The PARTY is ON!!!:biggrin1:

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Facebook is the most boring out of all the social networking websites. Not only that, but the website demands uniformity. Every profile looks bland and exactly the same.
This is one of the few things I like about facebook. Nothing I hated more than clicking on a page where someone had been 'creative' with blinking pinks and greens fit to induce a seizure, while their 'music' choice pierced my eardrums. I'm all for originality but WTF?

I just use it to stay in touch with a few people. I've never been a fan of the games and applications. The thing I don't understand is why someone who I have never met or heard of in my life would send a friend request.
I learned the hard way that if someone uses the email option to contact you from here and you reply directly from that email that they can find you on facebook. I got a friend request on FB shortly after such an exchange, when I saw her profile pic it was an instant 'no F'ing way'.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
This is one of the few things I like about facebook. Nothing I hated more than clicking on a page where someone had been 'creative' with blinking pinks and greens fit to induce a seizure, while their 'music' choice pierced my eardrums. I'm all for originality but WTF?
Thats what i like about it too. Myspace is shit unless you are a band.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Antivir 2010..... guessing that is basically the new version of XP Anti-Virus, aka Vundo?

Had one in the other week, with the 2009 version of this virus.

Only real way I could sort it, was special f-disk (Hiren's Boot CD), and set it back up from there.

+1

I've got 3 PC's on my repair bench right now. All have Myspace IM, Facebook blah blah blah, and ALL have the Rogue malware, and numerous other destructive viruses and trojan horses.

Those sites are chock full of garbage. All those "Free" page overlays? You bettcha... many embedded with viruses to infect you and every visitor that comes along.

BTW - The Rogue malware and Antivir 2010 seem to be the most happening thing here in MI lately. I got a few other phone calls just this week. Odd.

Getting back to the OP.
For the first time, I logged onto Facebook. So, I created a profile... and about half way through, they wanted cell phone numbers and other personal information. I could not change my real name to something generic without either payment or telephone numbers/cell phone numbers.

I can understand how theyre trying to crack down on identity theft...but these sites are an Identity Thefts dream come true.
A pedophiles dreams come true too for some that post their familys photos and children.

Secondly, I don't really have too many people from my past that I'd care to keep in touch with (High school days).

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

The best site update, IMO, was the ability to ignore messages and updates from apps people use. For a while there, I was on the verge of de-listing a few people who got sucked into that Mafia Wars game.

Whatknot? Wood confusion? :wink:

Oh lord how did I miss that! I put folks on ignore cos I couldn't stand all the updates on apps they were playing! :redface:

Who knows how many 40th birthday parties I'm gonna find myself going to this year I'd otherwise have missed.

It has its uses.

You are NEVER 40 this year!!! :cool:

I preferred myspace for the sake you could personalise your page and because I liked hearing new bands. But everyone I know is on facebook so I gave up and just go there now.

There's no weirdo's on my page cos everyone of my friends I know and if I don't know someone sending a request I'll not accept them.

It's a nice way to keep in touch with folk. :cool:

Media
I stay in touch with friends I have met through out the years and others I met on other chat forums, as well as fellow artists.

I am not a fan of the applications like Mafia Wars, I did enjoy Scrabble until the one friend I enjoyed playing with punk'd out and stopped playing.

I get band updates as well from friends that are in the music industry same with My Space, which is the primary reason I have a profile there and both are on private settings.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Agreed. I have similarly disabled user profile customizations on this site.

The value of a site is in the content, not the presentation layer.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh lord how did I miss that! I put folks on http://www.lpsg.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif ignore cos I couldn't stand all the updates on apps they were playing! :redface: Somebody (a Mafia-mad cousin of mine) put a post up showing how to ignore the updates and that option worked for all the other games too - was happy when that info came through

You are NEVER 40 this year!!! :cool: I am so!! Flattery'll get you anywhere :tongue: Did I ought to do an LPSG meet/greet in April then?

I preferred myspace for the sake you could personalise your page and because I liked hearing new bands. But everyone I know is on facebook so I gave up and just go there now. Still use Myspace for band reviews and comedy gigs but quite a few also have fansites on FB now as well so I don't visit too often.

There's no weirdo's on my page cos everyone of my friends I know and if I don't know someone sending a request I'll not accept them. I have got a few "gamer only" friends from a strategy game called Triumph. Seeing as it went to rats and kept crashing at which point I stopped playing I ought to go through and delete them really!

It's a nice way to keep in touch with folk. :cool:

inline

Last edited:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I voted meh. Not that anyone here cares, but I don't know where else to say this out loud:

1) I left home after high school and moved 8,000 miles away for a reason. I lost touch with everyone in my past for a reason. Why the hell would I want my life traceable by a bunch of nimrods from my past I wanted nothing to do with in the first place?

2) In my real life I have a semi-technical/semi-creative job. Not something worth writing home about (literally), but I'm good at it and it pays the bills. What really rocks my world and gets my juices going is sex. Doing it, talking about it, dissecting it, learning all about it, giving advice, etc. Now my two worlds almost never mix, so if I open a Facebook account, it's either going to be boring, stale and average, or a complete embarrasment to my professional life.

(Yes, I have other interests like making my wife happy, mixed martial arts, the stock market, and my pets, but c'mon, that's not an interesting read for anyone)

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not really into re-living the good old days by any means. That said. I have reestablish contacted with a very select few of my old friends.

As far as the games, well they aren't really my thing either. I continue to play Mafia Wars for the moment its not gotten to the boring stage yet. I do have a farm but it looks the way I desire, so other than stopping in to water things, thats about it.

I think not having kids makes a big difference, in what one gets out of these places. For many its no more than a photo sharing of the kids and their most recent vacation trip pictures kind of place. Again not me. Yes little Timmy is cute. But how many pictures of one kids birthday party is one suppose to take?

Facebook is what you make of it. And I would say, just what stage in life you are in also plays the major role in what you get out of these sites.

Last edited:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Blimey I haven't used it to hook up with people from the old days, though one girl I used to work with found me.

I use it for the myriad of friends I have now. Friends I've met on my trips, people I share music interests with, neighbours, some family and friends from University (where I am now, not from years back). It's a great way to keep in touch. And over the Christmas hols when my mates and uni and I were working on assignments, it was pretty darn handy for chatting to each other, getting help when we got tuck and general camaraderie of cheering each other on!

D

deleted509196

Pretty good. Depends. Can be addictive but can be fun.