How Long Before Sex?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by rope9839, Aug 18, 2004.

1. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am back in the singles scene after a long absence (12 years to be exact). I know the answer to this question is "it really depends," but I am hoping for somethig a little more direct.

Basically, I wondered how long after you start dating someone does it take before you think sex is OK? When to most guys make the first move and is it too early? How has this timeframe changed as you got older - shorter or longer?

When I was a young man, I used to sing what I called the "third date song," which was a parody on Simple Red - "If You Won't Blow Me By Now" (you will never, never blow me). I figured if we weren't getting horizontal by the third date, it wasn't going to happen.

2. madame_zora

Gold Member

Hilarious! I never heard that version, but it sure is funny. I'm afraid your original guess is right tho, it really depends, on a lot of things. Like how conservative the woman is, her age/experience, mutual interest, attraction.....all that shit. It really depends on what you're looking for too and how you present yourself. I guess I need more info to give better advice, but I can say this- I think it's uncool and unfair for a woman to string a guy along "dating" if sex is not a possibility. I've known too many guys who've been "dated" into the poorhouse and not gotten laid, so my advice would be not to waste too much time and money before you at least have a serious conversation about where it's going. (although I wouldn't bring up the subject of money when discussing "are we ever gonna do it").

3. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually, I just cut to the chase. I bring a copy of last year's W2 and the lastest report on my investment performance on the first date.

Maybe I should add a picture of my penis or stats on the back of my business card. This combination might just eliminate my original question. We'd leave before dessert and just go bang that first night.
    ;)

4. Imported

Gold Member

Lucille: The length of time a man has to wait for sex is in inverse proportion to the length of his penis.
    B)

5. Imported

Gold Member

palladen: LOL!
    You know, that seems to ring true...

p

6. Imported

Gold Member

doubtless_mouse: To piggy-back off something Madame_Zora said, wouldn't bring money into the conversation when you are talking about having sex.

Though it would be funny as hell to be a fly on the wall.

Mark walks over to Mary and looks lovingly into her eyes. He says, "Mary we have been going out for a couple of weeks now, and I really like spending time with you. I think maybe we might be ready to move on to the next level of our relationship." Mary, who looks a little startled but none-the-less happy about the statement leans in close to Mark and is about to say something, when Mark stands up. Mark pulls out his wallet and begins to count the money in it and says, "Ahh, good I have the 150 dollars." He sits back down reaches out and tenderly takes Mary's hand and says, "Mary I would like to have sex with you."

I think Mary might take that the wrong way...

7. Imported

Gold Member

doubtless_mouse: On a serious note, this is a good question. Is it different dating today than it was 10 years ago? I know that for me there was never a set timeframe of what was exceptable. In one instance it was the second date with a women, ended up having sex in the front seat of her car for hours and the falling asleep together. Another instance it was months in a relationship prior to sleeping together. Another time, I dated a women for quite a while and never had sex. We had some heavy petting, but never had sex. It just never really felt right. We quit seeing each other but stayed friends until she moved away.

I also agree with what Madame Zora said, it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for sexual gratification (aka one night stand) then first date, if you are looking for something a little more long term then the time you invest into it is important.

Doubt that my comments help, but...

Draft saved Draft deleted