How long before.......

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Paper and the postal services become obsolete?

Seriously how many years away from that happening are we? I pay all regular bills through my bank or online and almost all my statements, bank, electric, gas, water etc etc come to me electronically. 99% of what comes through my letter box is junk and goes in the bin. Very little of what is delivered is necessary.

It just made me wonder how far away we are from being a paperless society. Will that happen?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In 1987 I read an article that the world would be entirely paperless by 2000. We are running a bit behind on that one. Reminds me. I need to start a fire. cul8r

You lot in the USA will still need paper for your dirty arses cos you don't do bidets. :tongue:

Banking is becoming increasingly digital too...

Prolly 70-80 of all paper transactions (and notifications) will take place online within 5-10 years (a complete guess)?

accemb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am concerned about newspapers. I had a 32 year career in the newspaper business, and I love reading the paper, not an online version.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A TON of stuff in the world is obsolete now. When I first moved to NYC as a younun' there was a copy store on every corner. Now there are maybe two in the whole city as home printers have put them out of business. I still miss the smell of those old copy shops. The USPS for example is facing alot of problems. I wish they would take my suggestions as an Ebay seller! They make alot of logistic mistakes in my opinion but in one way or another like the cowboy mail express they will be needed in one way or another. If only they would listen to the people that use them the most!