How Long Do You Take?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How long do you take over the posts you make? For me it's as long as it takes me to type them, it's only an internet forum so I never take the time to type out a long considered 'essay', I'm of an age where I've considered most things so I know what I think about things and researching a post for hours, having to make sure I got in every point I wanted to would take the fun out of it for me.

I occasionally edit posts because when I post them and look at the thread a few minutes later I think 'wow that makes no sense at all, you're an idiot'. :)

Mine are raw and red in nail and tooth; raw like sushi; raw like cookie dough.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course, the amount of time varies widely, but I'm sure that I take more time over my posts than most people do. For one thing, I don't care to be the author of an ineptly written string of words no matter where it appears. It is not just a matter of being careful of spelling, punctuation, word usage, and syntax, but of being clear about what I mean to say. In addition to that, if I am trying to make a joke, say, then I have to take care that it comes off as a joke (rather than as an insult, which can happen if one is not careful). When I am being combative or censorious toward someone, I have to weigh my words for tactical reasons. I manage, nonetheless, to produce my share of posts (here or on other forums) that I subsequently regret.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends upon the subject. Sometimes, as for you, it's as long as it takes for me to type it and click "reply."

Other times, if I'm really wanting to make sure I convey exactly what I want to convey, it takes longer.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't spoil my rawness metaphors :) I don't worry overmuch about my grammar, I'm typing a post for a web site not writing a university essay, as long as I feel I've got my point across I'm satisfied with it. If I was writing it to a university standard I'd want cold hard cash for it.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
LOL.... why is it that I interpret every thread title around here in a sexual context? Was fully expecting to find replies of 7", 8", 9".... so on... or maybe 15 minutes, 1/2 hour, etc.. :biggrin1:

I really agonize over my posts if they're more than a sentence or two. Spelling, grammar, and to me so very much can be either lost by or misconstrued from the written word. It's not an "art" as it used to be. So I try to make what I say come across exactly as intended, although I still often fail at it. :frown1:

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How long do you take over the posts you make? For me it's as long as it takes me to type them, it's only an internet forum so I never take the time to type out a long considered 'essay', I'm of an age where I've considered most things so I know what I think about things and researching a post for hours, having to make sure I got in every point I wanted to would take the fun out of it for me.

I occasionally edit posts because when I post them and look at the thread a few minutes later I think 'wow that makes no sense at all, you're an idiot'. :)

Mine are raw and red in nail and tooth; raw like sushi; raw like cookie dough.
...and ditto spoiled princess...that's why U are so popular & respected:wink:
Personally...I am very selective with the threads/topics I reply to.
I only want to share the knowledge & experiences I have had or have...
I have a rule: 'Think once before you speak...and twice before you write'
I do both very slowly:biggrin1::biggrin1: about as slow as my computer skills:biggrin1::biggrin1:; my computer stuff is pretty damn slow.
Always good to read your replies & threads/topics!
PS= I think it just took me 20 mins to type this:biggrin1::biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a secretary so it doesn't take me very long, which I suppose is part of why I'm a fairly prolific poster - that and I like to yak on and on and on :)

Purposely, check it out, I may not always bother with correct grammar but words are my forte.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
RaW- I wish! It depends. If I am just banging out a few lines to a fun topic, or if I'm annoyed, I just write whatever comes to mind. It takes just as long as it does to type it and correct any typos. I'm bad a keyboarding for text (but a whiz at autocad, go figure), so I have to check it. Not Raw- Rare.
If it is a serious topic and I want to be clear, then it takes time.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I take as long as it takes me to type it. If I feel there is more I need to say.. I will indicate so in that post and come back to it when I have more time to explain myself.

SoFla8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't obsess over my posts but I do edit them some. I can only be judged on what I write, so I'm honest and try to be rational.