How long does a woman wait to date after the death of her husband

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I lost my husband about 3 months ago. I don’t know if I’ll ever date again.
Wait, what? I'm so sorry to hear that! You and socalfreak's relationship was a very happy story to come out of LPSG! My condolences on your loss.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Wait, what? I'm so sorry to hear that! You and socalfreak's relationship was a very happy story to come out of LPSG! My condolences on your loss.
Best thing that ever happened to me. I miss him so very much. Thank you ♥️

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I lost my husband about 3 months ago. I don’t know if I’ll ever date again. That being said… I still have physical needs that I’m considering starting to address. Just talk to her. What I can promise you is… she needs to feel safe or it’s not gonna happen. Whatever you do… don’t pressure her. Everything is too much to handle when you’ve just lost the love of your life. Everything relating to other men is intimidating and feels foreign. Just be kind. Listen. Make sure she doesn’t feel like you have some big expectation because she simply may not be capable of dealing with that.

I'm so fucking sorry. That's absolutely horrible. Nothing I say will help or matters but I'll never forget how much love there will always be there.

Loss is hard. No other hurt like it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Every person (man, woman, nonbinary, humans gonna human) is different

My dad's brother (I don't like him enough to call him my uncle) lost his wife and he's already getting remarried less than two years later and waited less than a year to start dating. My dad lost my mom and he's never going on a date again. That's not a question for anyone in our family.

So, it solely depends on the individual and the dynamic of the relationship they had prior to their loss.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
T
I'm so fucking sorry. That's absolutely horrible. Nothing I say will help or matters but I'll never forget how much love there will always be there.

Loss is hard. No other hurt like it.
Thanks, sweetie ♥️

aheidla

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I’m thinking you have not been in contact while she was married, and now, widowed, you seem to see her as “on the market* or *fair game.*

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what happened to my aunt when my uncle was murdered. There were a lot of guys at the funeral from the high school her and my mom went to, and my mom pointed out that a few of them had mad crushes on her and were jealous of my uncle when he got with her.

If they hadn't caught the killer before the funeral, I think that I, lowkey, would've wondered if they put a hit out on my uncle. A couple of them were just a little too nice to my aunt at the funeral. Pretty sure they just showed up to confirm that he was really gone. :expressionless:

Anyway, it depends on the person (not just women) how long it takes them to start dating again after the death of a spouse. Some may never date again. My aunt is still single, and this incident happened several years ago. She just focused on raising her kids.

Reactions: lapdog2001

ViewingPleasure

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I lost my husband about 3 months ago. I don’t know if I’ll ever date again. That being said… I still have physical needs that I’m considering starting to address. Just talk to her. What I can promise you is… she needs to feel safe or it’s not gonna happen. Whatever you do… don’t pressure her. Everything is too much to handle when you’ve just lost the love of your life. Everything relating to other men is intimidating and feels foreign. Just be kind. Listen. Make sure she doesn’t feel like you have some big expectation because she simply may not be capable of dealing with that.
I’m so sorry. I assume it’s the same guy as before. If so, I remember how happy you were with him. Either way, my sincere condolences.:emoji_cry:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Anyway, it depends on the person (not just women) how long it takes them to start dating again after the death of a spouse. Some may never date again. My aunt is still single, and this incident happened several years ago. She just focused on raising her kids.

My grandma lost her husband in the early 70's. She's in her 80's now and she never remarried or even really dated much at all after losing him. She tried but she just didn't feel anything for anyone like she did with him.

I don't think she ever had an intimate relationship after her husband. She also just focused on raising her kids.

I heard another family member ask her once if she was lonely or wanted to try to find another husband, she said with no hesitation, "I prefer being on my own, he was my only husband and I don't need another one. I loved him. I don't want to love anyone what the way I did him".

She and I don't get along well, never have. But I won't forget how that made me feel.

She never *needed* anyone.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@Snarky_succubus

My deepest condolences to you.

Yours and Socal's dynamic was one for the books. I loved the story he/you told how you all met here and he moved across country to be with you. Your joint take-no-prisoners posts here are some of my legendary favorites.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!

B

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@Snarky_succubus

My deepest condolences to you.

Yours and Socal's dynamic was one for the books. I loved the story he/you told how you all met here and he moved across country to be with you. Your joint take-no-prisoners posts here are some of my legendary favorites.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!

B
Thank you means a lot to me.

Electric blue

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I lost some one very special a few years ago .I figured at my age nothing would come my way .I was horribly mistaken . I actually bumped into her , younger than me but still MATURE. Does it better the second time around ? OMG yes . She is the sunshine in the morning and all the stars at night . So much so , I started dancing again , teaching her too I am dancing with a star now

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Oh, I’m so sorry! I loved the interplay you two had here.

SoCal was one of the good ones.

May his memory be a blessing, and may you be comforted.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
to the post, I have a friend who lost her husband when their children were three and 10 mos. The “baby“ is now 30.

She got into an emotionally manipulative relationship a decade ago and is now fighting her way out. They never really dated, but he had the help the poor widow woman bit down.

i think if she’d dated, she’d have seen this dude coming, or at least not take his shit.

Wannabee

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know this woman that I have been with with many years ago (many many times) and I have know here for 42+ years and last August her husband died. How long does a woman wait to date after the death of her husband? I would like to see here again.
Any advice will be appreciated.
I would observe her if you can and you should be able to befriend her also. It's sometimes easier for some because they have taken care of their spouse in sickness and most of the grief has taken place when they were alive. Everyone has a different outlook on life and death.

Electric blue

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When Ruth husband died , she was alone for a few years . She owned this large farm that the religious community wanted her to sign over to them , I helped her sell the farm and she made a bundle , the community was pissed to high heaven lolol. We have been together ever since . And she was deprived of any kind of sex most of her life .