How long has it been since you've been tested?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by marleyisalegend, Jun 18, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

STD Testing - tSTD.org

STD TESTING:HIV, HPV, Herpes, Chlamydia & Gonorrhea

If possible, try to include your most recent sex experience. Someone may have been tested 3 months ago but had sex since then. Theoretically, even just one sexual encounter can change your status from disease-free. Some people haven't been tested in years because they haven't had sex in years and some have never been tested cuz they've never had sex.

Considering that all std's combined equal MILLIONS of infected people, your likelihood of running into someone with an std is very high, especially since they don't wear t-shirts that say "I have syphillis" or "I have AIDS"

I'm not trying to scare anybody but with so many lives lost to preventable conditions, I hope you guys take a second to think about your sexual and emotional health. I loathe some of you:biggrin1: but wouldn't wish this kind of harm on anyone on this site.

TIPS to first-time testers:
    -Take a friend or get tested with a friend for support.
    -Scheduling an appointment is the first step towards the "I'll do it tomorrow" attitude.
    -Gather any information that may be useful (sexual history, condom-use frequency, etc..)
    -Don't be scared of getting tested, be scared of NOT getting tested!!! This kind of blissful ignorance can literally kill you. There's more hope catching HIV/AIDS in the early stages than finding out later on once the disease has progressed and torn your body apart.
    -Do research on the web and ask questions at the doctor's office. Ask the doctor how you can be more careful. If you're diagnosed, ask him about your disease, what it means/does to the body, nutritional guidelines (some STDs interfere with the way your body processes nutrients so changes in diet need to be made), etc.. Also, either before or after the doctor visit, hit up google or yahoo-search and see what information you can find. To avoid being misinformed, I always check several different sites and note whatever facts seem consistent on multiple sites.

I wasn't really nervous my first time going just cuz I knew how important it was. When I turned 18 I became a hoe with a capital H and once I started getting tested at 20 I was constantly worried that an old demon would come back to haunt me but thankfully I'm disease-free at 22.

Any comments, stories, contributions, etc.. are appreciated.

#1 marleyisalegend, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. cocktoberfest

cocktoberfest New Member

Its been over a year. I have had very little sex since and all of it safe(r). I'm not too worried but will get tested again sometime this summer.

3. Xcuze

Gold Member

I dont have unprotected sex with strangers. Sadly many do - idiots; your lifes worth more than a 10 second cumshot. I did have a blood test for something else recently & was very relieved that it was all good. You get nervous even if youre sure you've been a good girl!

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Every sexually active adult should have routine STD screenings twice a year. It a matter of respecting your partner(s) and yourself.

5. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm glad someone posted this because this is one of the biggest misconceptions about STDs, that they're only traded by whores and pimps. There are COUNTLESS people who contracted HIV from a "loving husband" or "faithful wife." Monogomy is NEVER guaranteed and people who drop all precautions as soon as they're partner says "I love you" are setting themselves up for a crash course in reality. Someone saying "I love you" doesn't mean they won't cheat.

I'm trying to find the numbers but in the meantime, I'm sure there's a large population of STD cases that were transmitted by people who were in a relationship and even married. I'm not bashing monogomous relationships but the FALSE sense of security they offer can be fatal.

I don't even suck my bf's dick without a condom on, it took some getting used to but to him a nut is a nut. I'm not saying we need to wrap ourselves in saran wrap when our lover walks through the door but some level of caution should be taken. I've been with the same guy for 3 years but still get tested regularly.

#5 marleyisalegend, Jun 18, 2008
  6. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Most recent sexual experience, hmmm let me see when did they try to impeach Clinton again.

The only time I ever had an aids test was when I went to a new doctor for a full exam and he asked if I wanted an aids test and I said why not. As far as any other std wouldn't you need a bunch of test to check for all of them. That would be really expensive and I am not sure an insurance company would like seeing you being tested for stds on a regular basis. Its not included in a full exam. These would be considered elective.

7. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good point, but there are local clinics and all kind of resources that offer options to people who want to get tested as opposed to some people who (Deno, not you specifically but in general) will find a million excuses to not get tested . In theory, getting tested and catching a disease early is MUUUUUUCH less expensive than the treatments/medications/missed work, etc.. of an untreated/undiagnosed disease. Getting tested just a few times a year is sufficient and not terribly expensive since some tests may overlap. Getting testing may mean getting a cheap prepaid phone instead of a Sprint-Super-G-I-Megaphone, or giving up some other LUXURY for this NECESSITY.

#7 marleyisalegend, Jun 18, 2008
  8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Expense shouldn't be an issue. There are drop in clinics and various ways of doing it anonymously and cheply / free in Europe, I'm fairly sure there are in the States too.

I don't test regularly - it's become form for me to do it at the start of LTRs and it's also default here to test for everything (and I mean everything) in the early stages of pregnancy.

Interesting you should mention t-shirts, marley - my man does wear a "HIV Positive" t-shirt. He's not actually HIV+ - but he wears it nonetheless.

9. chiefone4u

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    STD Testing is important, I try and get tested every 6 months (I have not tested positive for anything... and hope to continue those results).

For those who say the expense is a reason not to get tested, California (the state I live in) offers a lot of the tests for free you can find a local clinic here: Find STD Clinics: Search for a California STD Clinic for Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Testing >> TeenSource.com << for those who don't like blindly following links.
    The above link has a list of the various clinics offering services in the state of California.

For those of you who live in other parts of the country: Find A Free Clinic In The U.S. For Std Testing, Diagnosis, Treatments, And Cures >> YourSTDHelp.com << has a fairly comprehinsive list of Free Clinics for STD testing.

If for some reason you can't find a clinic near you with either of the above links, consider using the power of google and do a search for "Free STD Testing YOUR_COUNTY YOUR_STATE" (obviously, you'd change YOUR_COUNTY to the county in which you live, and YOUR_STATE to the state you live in... if you live near another county/state consider searching in the bording area as well-- as they may have a clinic closer to you than your own state/county).

10. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Never have been... should be though.. I've been having high risk sex.

11. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

my last screening was done in november. i was all clear then and i'm pretty sure i still am because i always use a condom no matter what.

i have an appointment scheduled next week to get tested again. i usually go about every 6 months, give or take, to make sure i'm clean even if i'm not having sex.

when i go i get tested for every STD there is, as well as HIV, AIDS, and genital herpes. apparently genital herpes is one test that isn't mandatory to be screened for, so you have to ask your doctors if you want it done.

12. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not to nag, but yeah, you should, baby.

13. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I always wear latex gloves when I wank. Should I still get tested?

Seriously tho, peeps get tested for your own safety, and that of your lovers.

14. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'll get around to it :p

15. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

if you have the time to browse lpsg on a daily basis, you have the time to go get tested :wink:

16. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I should probably get tested again, but I got tested about a month ago. Still free and clear, baby!

17. tiggerpoo

Gold Member

Three months ago. Get tested twice a year.

18. midlifebear

Gold Member

Every 60 days. Them toilet seats are NASTY!

19. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Glad to hear it sounds like a lot of you guys are taking your health seriously. If you haven't been tested in awhile, get off the couch and do it!! If you've never been tested, you've got a site full of people who can answer questions for you or offer support. I hope I don't ruffle any feathers but I ESPECIALLY recommend getting tested for couples because many couples stop using condoms when they decide they're going to be exclusive, but no one is immune to infidelity so couples should get tested as well, even if you THINK your partner is being faithful. Better safe than sorry and if your partner truly loves you, they'll be glad you're getting tested and not offended. Health comes before pride.

20. cocktoberfest

cocktoberfest New Member

Thats odd, how old were you and why would your family refuse even if they thought you wouldn't believe it anyways.

Draft saved Draft deleted