How long until Christmas 2010?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by nudeyorker, Jul 12, 2010.

1. nudeyorker

Gold Member

The answer is five months and twelve days. I finished all of my Hanukkah and Christmas shopping today. I bought my cards last January when they were 75% off. Now all I have to worry about is the wrapping, mailing and the baking. It seems a tad too early to start that now. Anyone else plan ahead so you don't have holiday anxiety in December?

2. invisibleman

Gold Member

I am going to do that. I hate Christmas shopping around the month before Christmas. I am always strapped after Thanksgiving. This year, I am not having fam for Thanksgiving.

3. TADA401

TADA401 New Member

Albums:
    I never do that... lmao.
    And besides that im B.R.O.K.E

GAhh ): I Spend too much.

4. Pandora77

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    It's my Birthday in a couple of days, so I am busy with that, plus I spent all my money on the Birthday Party.
    I always have lots of Birthday/Christmas/whatever else cards, cause I buy them throughout the year, whenever I find ones I like.
    I don't buy too many gifts anyways, only for parents and some family and friends, so I'll be starting the Christmas shopping in winter.
    But I also hate doing it right before Christmas, urgh.
    I can't wait for Christmas though, I am looking forward to it all year. I wish I could keep up a Christmas tree the whole year :biggrin1:

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can handle this one. I am a christmas decorating freak.
    165 Days, 2 hours, 41 minutes as of this post.

PlanetChristmas

Gotta start the mega tree... and the lane arches...and the roof!

I usually have my shopping wrapped up before thanksgiving wherever possible. Screw the deals - most of them aren't really deals anyway when you shop online.
    They can have their black Friday - I'll be Stringin lights!

#5 Rikter8, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  6. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I keep my tree up 365 days a year. It happened because we bought this tree for our apartment and had no place to put it following Christmas...plus we had been so busy I just didn't get anytime to enjoy it. I clean it a couple times a year and have some decorations for Halloween, Christmas, July 4. We usually don't have any other lights on when watching TV. I must say how much I enjoy it a few times a week. I actually just bought a new tree this past year as the other was 10 years old. That worked out to $9 bucks a year...excellent. Some people are surprised to see it...others are asking me if they come over will the tree be lit. The irony is...I hate most religious people but do like the idea of carrying the spirit of community throughout the year. Like Scrooge, I try to keep Christmas in my heart all the time. My partners mother liked the idea she did the same thing. Sadly, she passed already from cancer. The memorial was at Thanksgiving time but it was a warm area. We did a tree for the service covered in lights and real flowers. It was beautiful. She would have loved it. Yep, love the Christmas tree.

7. witch

witch Member

me ... I buy a few things each month, so I'm not so broke by the time Yule/Xmas rolls around

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

What, nothing for the winged monkeys or the black cats?

Now, me, I have two nephews, so priority for them is one of the few things I do. as for my Mom, sis, bro, and their SO's(mom's single!) well, just a few nondescript things they appreciate. else everybody is card city.

9. witch

witch Member

Hey, we exchange gifts … banana and tins of Fancy Feast and I receive a lovely set of jewelry, monkey poop necklace with matching hairball earrings ……..it’s the thought that counts not the smell ;)
    Then we “all” sit around the Yule tree drinking eggnog and checking each other for fleas ………. If that doesn’t say Deck the Halls ………….

Draft saved Draft deleted