How mant guys here AREN'T american??

Javierdude22: DMW...sometimes you cant seem to keep those clutches in can you...chill dude

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm icy chilled, Javier. It has been pointed out to me by others here that I'm apparently singled out as a target. I've been blasted for certain things (e.g. posting in a language other than English, directing people to the Personals category) that others do without receiving the same chastisements from a certain individual. But that's okay; I had already recognised the bull's-eye on me and it really doesn't hurt my feelings! :D

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
That's alright, Javier. The "TweedleDee" thing was kinda cute...

Raal can speak any language he wants, but I'm sure on my scrotum that he won't come off as an overinflated, ego-driven, hypocritical, self-congratulatory, pseudo-intellectual prick.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Seems like now is as good a time as any to reveal the nature of the dissent between Whopper and myself.

Take a moment to read through the last... say, 25 posts, he has made. Maybe go even further than that. In addition to being a reasonbly intelligent poster (at times), he's an embodied signboard pointing out directions. "This topic goes in this section," or "This has been done to death in this section." He's right; but, you know, I think it's pretty unfair to expect the newcomers to the board to surf through the tens of thousands of discussion posts to scroll for their information specifically. I would assume that if "repeats" became a problem, Mark or Mindseye could always clean out the old threads or whatever administrators do to remedy that problem. Is that not so?

I've told him on several occasions that he doesn't need to act like a moderator all the time -- that's Mark's job, if he wants to have that level of control. I have asked him to be a little less judgmental and a little more sensitive in some threads. Remember the young guy who wanted to experiment and DMW kept insinuating that he's gay/will be perceived as gay? Didn't help the discussion there. Stuff like that, you know, that's what fuels my need to comment sometimes.

DMW keeps saying that "others" have spoken to him through IMs about being targeted or figuring out why the tension's there. So I thought I would let you all know... from my end, anyway... I'm not omniscient.

I've been on the forum for a hella long time too, and DMW and I used to peacefully coexist. I liked his work, thought him to be intelligent, dug his style. I sought him out through IMs. We talked a few times over instant messengers, but our discussion were less than substantial; he spent more time asking me what I thought of so-and-so on the board, if I "liked" him, if I thought he was fabricating for the group. It seemed like gossip to me, you know.

Guys and gals, I'm not completely innocent either. We've seen names go through like Charley Big Horse and Hung Brandon, and have entertained some sort of skepticism there. That's fine; if anything, fellows like that reinstate that we're a serious group that doesn't think too highly of liars. But, you know, that didn't do anything to eliminate the gossip talk. I don't think I ever made it official why I stopped the IMs, but I let DMW fall by the wayside. Perhaps we had one brief exchange after that... I don't know... but I just ignored it and moved on.

Seems like we've both resurfaced in board after board thereafter, but... I don't have anything to say. The whole "If you can't say anything nice..." thing. I find my relief in a few people who understand my discontent (just like DMW has all these "others" who say I get on his case, that I should get off my high horse, blah blah blah.) And to them, I'm a little thankful, but I'd be thankful for anyone who let me vent about whatever.

Okay, I'm rambling now. I pick on DMW because I think it's fun, but I have had persisting issues with the guy, too. And you know what? I'm not particularly looking for peace either; like I can accept that I won't get along with everyone, I can accept that he is one of those people. This kind of bickering doesn't keep me up at night, and I enjoy being on the board and participating whether or not DMW's there to lay in his two cents.

(I told you I'm building up practicum requirements. I feel sometimes that I'm helping people and that's very gratifying.)

Any questions?

sammygirly: ~chuckles~

I'm sure we all have issues with one person or another somewhere down the line. Just so happens you two are two very vocal guys.

Dee, you know I love you - and you make some very good points. You're abrasive sometimes DMW. You do it on purpose. It's how you get reactions.

~shrugs~

He's reacting.

Ineligible: I respect both DMW and Dee. They are two very different people, with very different characters, but I happen to like and admire both.

stephaneparis: Hi from Paris - France!!!

I am French... 25% Belgian.
nobody is perfect.

Greets to all!!!

BIGBOYDAVE: Vancouver Canada Here :) Soon to Be The Future Home of the 2010 Winter Olimpics

Javierdude22: i wouldnt bet my scrotum on it...but thats me...

We all have our Muses and Nemesises, both seem to be giving inspiration, both in very different ways. And....in a way...it is indeed fun, but sometimes its killing a thread, thats all the beef i have on this...

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Born in Roumania - in 1990 (11 y.o.) started to move around and lived in several European states: Austria, France, Belgium, Switzerland.
As I said, I'm an Euro-mixture : I have Roumanian, French, Austrian, German, Greek, blood, hints of Czech, Dutch, Wallon, Polish, Serbian, Italian... I have relatives all over Europe.

PS - Javvy dude, you have a scrotum ? Now that's something I call a surprise... ::) Ah, you keep your brains in there ? ... just asking... ::) ::)

7x6andchg: That does it! From now on I shall speak only English.
Look what my little foray into Francophonie has done!

Happy Bastille Day, Raal! Go storm something in the name of the LPSG. ;D

7x6&C

Javierdude22: Hahaha Raal...this is weird, but i can appreciate that joke...its got work on it, but its a start. Like i said....we all have a Muse and a Nemesis, sometimes it dont matter which person fits which part, they all inspire new posts...silly as they may seem...

but lets get back to the topic at hand..

Dantesco: In my opinion Whopper and Dee can both vent all they want. Blowing off steam is good for the soul and its fun for us to watch it from two well-spoken men. As long as the PLD/YIB/DBT vs. DMW blow-up from a little over a year ago isnt replayed, let them go at it.

Dag: [quote author=muptou link=board=meetgreet;num=1057442668;start=40#51 date=07/14/03 at 15:32:28]Republic of Ireland here. Hello World!!!! [/quote]

Hello Ireland! How's it going in the Irish World?
Cheers - Dag

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dee has a different recollection of our correspondence than mine, but it really doesn't matter. We both remember the Picky little Dicky / Yeahitsbig / DeeBlackthorne vs. DoubleMeatWhopper battle royal that Dante alluded to well enough, and I don't think either one of us want things to go there again. And since at least two of the opposing team's players are still on the board, I won't dwell on that experience. Dee is welcome to speak his mind on this board; I certainly intend to continue speaking mine. I'm not going to let anything spoil my birthday, thank you very much!

BIGBOYDAVE: Enough Already Guys.
As it appears you both are ruining threads with what appears to be bickering.
I havn't been on in a while but I see things getting out of hand again. In Both cases your both been right but keep it private use messages or else star a new thread. This Board is great full of helpfull info and lots of laughts too.
So lets keep it that way.
Bickering and foolish oneup man ship should be left to foolish Governments.
You both have helped Me in lots of info So NOW STOP and Please Keep to the subjects At Hand. PLEASE.

7x6andchg: Vive la feuille d'erable! Bienvenue a nos voisins du nord.

7x6&C