How Many Coats Do You Have?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My sister was at my house on Sunday afternoon and and commented that I had a lot of coats, cool coats. I told her the ones on the back entry way were just half of them (about 20) and the rest of them were downstairs in the laundry room hanging up.
She seemed to think this was a lot of coats and thought i must not wear them very much. I was like "but of course i wear them. down parkas, ski jackets, short rain coats, long rain coats, spring jackets, fall jackets, sailing jackets, long wool and cashmere coats for the winter in camel, navy and grey, leather jackets in ivory, black and dark brown" and explained how each jacket was worn.
She seemed to think this was a lot of coats, but it seems a practical amount to me since i have ocassion to wear all of them in due course.
What do you think? How many coats do you have? Is 40 a lot?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i have three coats. a big old BDU coat i picked up at the surplus store. have snap in liner for colder days. one pea coat. one black full length coat. no clue where it came from i just ended up with it.

ML

you might need a coat intervention.

Last edited:

I have a fall/spring jacket, a parka, and a full-length East German border guard coat that's waiting for me to lose some more weight to get into again.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a fall/spring jacket, a parka, and a full-length East German border guard coat that's waiting for me to lose some more weight to get into again.

how much weight do u need to lose to get back into that Trabant in your garage?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok. so it seems that 40 coats is a bit above average. but its comforting to know that whenever i need a certain coat for a certain situation, i don't have to go shopping for another one, i just forrage through my closets. no intervention necessary. thanks for the replies gang.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
goodwood...we need to go shopping you have a nice start, but do you have too many coats? I think not. Don't listen to anyone who says you do...they are suffering from "Coat Envy!"

thereisalight

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have twenty-one coats (at least). Forty is a bit extreme but who cares...I'm not paying for them.

I would, however, like to borrow the ivory leather jacket...unsure what I would wear it with...???

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
ok. so it seems that 40 coats is a bit above average. but its comforting to know that whenever i need a certain coat for a certain situation, i don't have to go shopping for another one, i just forrage through my closets. no intervention necessary. thanks for the replies gang.

Eh I don't think you can have too many coats. I'm not talking about jackets either like little leather ones or the ivory one you own.
I had at least thirty four before the house was robbed and they stole the majority of my clothes.
The coats were the first things they took.
Imagine that!
The stereo and the TV were wrapped up and ready to go before I interrupted those cretins.
C.B.:saevil: