How Many Coats Do You Have?

Denby

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have a total of 4 coats/jackets for regular usage and one heavy wool overcoat for formal occasions during the cold months.

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
IF you are gay, it would make perfect sense to me. Since I am gay, and have at least that many, or more, and over 300 pairs of shoes, clothes obssession has never been an issue to most gay guys.... Mine are house in 2 walk in closets and I have been out of the closet for decades...LOL...

Dahling, you HAD to come out of the closet to make room for all that!!!! :wink:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOL! I love your ideas for boosting the economy. So in the spirit of what you are saying would that mean that lesbians would have less clothing than most women usually wear? Dont you think ,gay or straight it is more an expression of your personal style?

Of course it IS Naughty, I was responding based on stereotypes, although I seem to fit the gay male stereotype.

As far as lesbians, I would think they have as many Flannel plaid shirts as Goodwill has coats. Its just the nature of the beast. :biggrin1:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My sister was at my house on Sunday afternoon and and commented that I had a lot of coats, cool coats. I told her the ones on the back entry way were just half of them (about 20) and the rest of them were downstairs in the laundry room hanging up.
Is 40 a lot?

If I had to live in the frozen north I would have plenty of coats.....and disorders too. As it is... its gonna be 70 here today....I'm gonna go work on my tan.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
If you have 40ish and use them all it is not too many - it is the right number.

If you have 40 and use 3 or 4 then that'd be a different matter.

I was going to post that I have 2 coats - 1 fake-ass leather one that my ex got me and real suede one that his mother got me - but if you count jackets then I guess I have about 3 denim jackets and about 3 sleeveless jerkin / bodywarmer / whateveryoucallems that I favour for dog walking.

I used to have a wonderful collection of sheepskin jackets, suede coats, wool winter coats, various sundries and a rabbit fur jacket that I did wear a lot (rabbits aren't endangered I don't see any difference between that and the lamb-skin leather jacket I had) but when they got left in storage in Ireland they were in a part of the room that got some kind of creeping mould through it and were all completely ruined :frown:

Ah well...

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
goodwood...seems the #40 is about right...give a few to buddys..buy a few more...been to michigan many times...you may need a few more..

cajun boy 8x6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok there G.W. down here in the south , i have a denim jacket, a rain coat, a black leather coat, and a reversable coat/windbreaker. thats it because ya know in New Orleans its more popular to take it OFF than put it on!!!!!!!!!!!! now if you were asking how many cadillacs i have had in my lifetime, well..............................27 registered running, 4 parts, including a 1961 cad hearse( my first car) and 2, 56 coupe devilles my latest is a seville sts (red) with a high performance V/8, currently my cuban friend is using it to run tamales in!!!

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
My sister was at my house on Sunday afternoon and and commented that I had a lot of coats ...

If you're someone (perhaps like your sister?) who never does anything but live the civilized city life, 40 coats is probably excessive. But if you have a good many varied interests that have their own unique clothing needs it's hardly too many. I just did an inventory of my own coats and came up with 30. That includes a rain slicker for riding horseback, a Goretex coat for serious wet conditions, a leather welding coat for that type work, camo coat for hunting and light, medium and heavy coats for a variety of outdoor temperatures, etc., etc. That's not counting coveralls and vests, if I threw them in I would reach 40. And my thirty coats only include one sport coat and one suit. If I still had a job, as I once did, that required me to wear coat and tie I'd no doubt have 40 coats myself.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well, this many coats have to provide appropriate outer wear from many realms ranging from the corporate and formal dress - to trendy things, to skiing, to just plain being warm and it's nice to have a few rain coats. so yes. they all do get used when an occasion calls for it.
Good idea to cull and donate to charity and pass some off to buddies. I have done this. 40 is a rather reduced amount.
and if cadillacs were coats - cajun would put me to shame. lol. well, maybe caddys are his coats and he looks good in all of them i am sure.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
LOL! I love your ideas for boosting the economy. So in the spirit of what you are saying would that mean that lesbians would have less clothing than most women usually wear? Dont you think ,gay or straight it is more an expression of your personal style?

some stereotypes are so true.

ML

*self confessed hoodie whore*

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, being that I'm a fashion whore, I have alot of jackets. Not so many coats because it's LA and I'll probably only need one to last me about five years.

Like I said, though...I love jackets. Especially M-65 jackets. I have, like, 20 of them. All of them different and lovely in their own ways.