How Many Coats Do You Have?

D

deleted356166

I just bought my 29th coat last month. I have a clothing shopping problem... at least that's what my friends tell me. lol

Canadian.Surfer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd say 40 is a little over the top. But then again Im not on board for spending money when I have what I need already and it works perfectly find. The only thing I can think of that I spend more money on than I should would be sweaters. I have like atleast 8 sweaters.

I wear those for fall and spring time, where the weather isnt warm enough I can make it with just a t-shirt, but its not cold enough that I have to wear my jacket. Otherwise for winter time I just have my 1 Burton jacket that does me just find in all kinds of weather (and thats saying a fair bit coming from cold cold canada :D )

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I own less than 4. I have two lighter jackets for Spring/Fall or when it gets to be around 40 dgrees.

Then I have one that's an average winter coat.

Then I have one that's a very big, heavy leather coat. It comes down to almost my knees. It's reserved for those times in the Chicago winter where the high gets down around 0 fahrenheit. Which usually happens about 3 weeks total out of the winter.

I have a few assorted flannels and long sleeved sweatshirts for when I need something with sleeves, a la going out to the car for something.

I really do think that having any more than 10 coats is just a bit extreme.

Speaking of extreme. I don't understand why people bag on the Chicago Winters as being so cold. It's really not that bad. Not like Minnesota or Northern Michigan. Now those are some bad winters.

colday

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have what they call a barn coat, a jean jacket, a black leather jacket, a navy pea coat and a brown leather jacket (kind of a motor cycle jacket even though I don't own a motor cycle), a total of 5 and I thought people would think I had a coat fetish. I'm rethinking that now.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Red ski coat
Black ski coat
Navy blue ski coat
Sandy brown wool overcoat
Black leather trench coat
Brown leather bomber jacket
Tan trench coat
Gray duster
Royal blue linen car coat
Yellow rain slicker
Sienna coat for spring and fall
with bright red lining
Dark red wool jacket
Black &White houndstooth check coat
Shearling coat
Mink coat
Mink linedtrench coat
Coyote bomber jacket

blondetwink11

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have 9.
And Aninnymouse, actually Chicago winters are horrible. The temperature is usually near 0 degrees F, but the wind chill can range from -20 to -40 degrees. That's why people bag on Chicago winters. Also, the lake effect is what makes it so cold.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have five.

Brambilla Leather coat

Columbia Bugaboo parka

Columbia Windbreaker.

Ralph Lauren Classic Windbreaker

Orvis shooting jacket

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! 40 coats! I think I have three, but of course, I usually don't need anything heavy in Florida. I mostly use them when we travel. I do have a London Fog that I use as a raincoat sometimes. It's really hard to find a coat that fits nicely anyway. Oh, I have one of my Dad's old coats that I wear to work outside when it's chilly. And my Mum still keeps my old pea coat for when I come to visit. So that's about it.

But 40 coats? Shoes, ok, but coats?

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Red ski coat
Black ski coat
Navy blue ski coat
Sandy brown wool overcoat
Black leather trench coat
Brown leather bomber jacket
Tan trench coat
Gray duster
Royal blue linen car coat
Yellow rain slicker
Sienna coat for spring and fall
with bright red lining
Dark red wool jacket
Black &White houndstooth check coat
Shearling coat
Mink coat
Mink linedtrench coat
Coyote bomber jacket

can I borrow one of yours?

I have a black leather, tan trench (great for wearing nothing but stockings and a bra under... surprise!!) and a brown casual coat..

I guess Im not really that fancy when it comes to overgarmentsl... LOL

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
can I borrow one of yours?

I have a black leather, tan trench (great for wearing nothing but stockings and a bra under... surprise!!) and a brown casual coat..

I guess Im not really that fancy when it comes to overgarmentsl... LOL

Sure... A friend of mine and I once slept under the mink coat in an Anchorage AK hotel room with hideous heating... Oh if that coat could talk. (Even though I've had it cleaned and conditioned since... I don't think you want to borrow it.) :redface:

Last edited:

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have around 10 I think. 4 or 5 that I wear regularly. Ski jacket, soft shell, light jacket, rain/ wind jacket and a work jacket.