How many dates without a kiss?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many times would you go out with a guy if he didn't kiss you (or make any sexual move)?

Say he was willing to pay and he seemed to enjoy your company and you enjoyed talking to him and you didn't have any other dates to go on. What would you make of him? If you were attracted to him would you get frustrated and refuse to date him anymore?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many times would you go out with a guy if he didn't kiss you (or make any sexual move)?
Been there done that, not going back. :12: If I don't get a kiss by the end of the 2nd date, I'm out of there.

Say he was willing to pay and he seemed to enjoy your company and you enjoyed talking to him and you didn't have any other dates to go on. What would you make of him?
I'd have to ask if he was gay. If so then sure we can be friends and I know that I am never gonna 'have' him. If he's not gay and I like him, but he just wants to be friends, that is just asking for trouble. I would end that QUICK!

If you were attracted to him would you get frustrated and refuse to date him anymore?
That is correct, why waste my time on someone who can't or won't reciprocate. I can buy my own damn dinner. How am I suppposed to meet Mr. Right if this guy is scaring them off?

goldeneye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
As a guy who has hardcore BLOWN it with MANY very attractive, quality girls because I was too much of a "nice guy" to make a move of any sort, if we're talking about you here (and since you're straight I'm assuming we are), kiss her on the first date. Don't even necessarily wait until the end--saving it for the end of the night allows you to build up an insane amount of pressure in your mind, and that makes it even easier to chicken out. Be surprising--kiss her during the date. Don't stress over it, just do it. Make it easier on yourself by touching often--arm around her waist, touching her cheek, hand on her leg, etc. If you're vibing together, she'll respond with her own touches, which means you're clear for landing. This makes everything easier to figure out, and doesn't have the pressure of going from zero to kiss.

Key thing to remember is she wouldn't be out with you if she didn't like you enough for a kiss, it's just a matter of making her comfortable enough to accept it.

If you don't kiss her on the first date and you're lucky enough to get her out a second time, don't fuck around. Get it done. If you don't kiss her on that second date, forget it; knowing what I know now, I wouldn't even have the balls to call again after that and put myself through the humiliation of being dodged.

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I learned quickly to always look for signs that she wants me to make a move. If nothing happens on the first date or second date but the date is enjoyable for me and she wants to go out again then I keep dating. But if on the third date there is no kissing, making out, or wild sex then I know I am in the friend zone, which is the no fun zone . . .

. . . the difference between "dating" and going out with a friend is that the person you go out with is supposed to be a potential intimate partner.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I learned quickly to always look for signs that she wants me to make a move. If nothing happens on the first date or second date but the date is enjoyable for me and she wants to go out again then I keep dating. But if on the third date there is no kissing, making out, or wild sex then I know I am in the friend zone, which is the no fun zone . . .

. . . the difference between "dating" and going out with a friend is that the person you go out with is supposed to be a potential intimate partner.

Exactly, I agree whole heartedly! My question is how many straight men would take a girl out once maybe even twice a week, and pay for everything if they had no sexual interest in her?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Kisses are special though. I wouldn't rush to kiss any man unless I felt that he and I were definately on the right page...i.e. chemistry. I like kissing during partnered sex...but if it is fuck buddy type stuff--no kissing. Full mouth kissing is intimate to me...and with the right guy...the kisses are Viagara. :eek::biggrin1:

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Kissing is a really intimate act for some people though and not something thats given at the drop of a hat, so in short I'd think you would have to play it by ear. If he/she seems nervous about such intimacy so quickly hold back till you get to know them better and how they like things, be it fast or slow or anything goes even on the first date but always, ALWAYS make it clear from that first date what you are hoping to get out of the situation before making any more plans. Nothing worse than being strung along and being found out there was nothing else at the end but broken hearts and faded dreams :frown1::frown1:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for all the responses so far. goldeneye, I like your advice and I agree. For better or worse, we're forced to follow certain protocols when dating, otherwise we risk the other person misinterpreting our feelings. And even if someone verbally explains that he/she doesn't kiss on a first date, the other person will still interpret that as a lack of interest.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
If you're the type who doesn't kiss on the first date, you need to find someone who also doesn't kiss on the first date, or who doesn't mind it. To find someone compatible, you ought to do what comes naturally to you.

That said, I always kiss on the first date, in no small part because the intimate, physical side of a relationship is very important to me, and I like to find a partner who feels the same way. Having been in a relationship with someone less physical than me, it was not a good thing, so I try to find someone I'm more compatible with now.

D

deleted15807

[I'd have to ask if he was gay. If so then sure we can be friends and I know that I am never gonna 'have' him. If he's not gay and I like him, but he just wants to be friends, that is just asking for trouble. I would end that QUICK!

Are there really that many gay men out there? Only what 2-3% according to the numbers? And would they be going out with women? There could be other reasons.

D

deleted213967

My tolerance level is also 1 (one) kiss-free date.

There is a consensus.

Let's put this on the ballot for November.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are there really that many gay men out there?
Yes, there are.
Only what 2-3% according to the numbers?
:rofl:
What numbers? I'm assuming that statistic does not include all the down low or closeted gays; because they don't even tell the truth to themselves, why would they tell the truth in a poll. :rolleyes:

And would they be going out with women? There could be other reasons.
True, they could be bi-sexual. From what I understand that rarely if ever comes up on the first date.

Last edited:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So if a woman says she "wants to be friends first" (I see this sometimes in online dating profiles) what does that mean? Does that still mean she wants to be kissed on the first date? Or does it mean she just wants a date first rather than just coming over and fucking?

D

deleted15807

[:rofl: What numbers? I'm assuming that statistic does not include all the down low or closeted gays; because they don't even tell the truth to themselves, why would they tell the truth in a poll. :rolleyes:

I've just never seen any numbers for the US that says the population is anymore than 2-3% is 'exclusively' gay and even if they're on the DL they would still want to maintain an image and 'do the do'. If you're going to act the part give an Oscar winning performance.

So if a woman says she "wants to be friends first" (I see this sometimes in online dating profiles) what does that mean? Does that still mean she wants to be kissed on the first date? Or does it mean she just wants a date first rather than just coming over and fucking?

Excellent question. But with women there never is an easy answer :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So if a woman says she "wants to be friends first" (I see this sometimes in online dating profiles) what does that mean?
Friends first, means just that. Talking about everything and nothing, dinner, movies, kayaking, biking, dancing, rent a flick and order in a pizza. Really get to know the other person before you have sex with them.

Does that still mean she wants to be kissed on the first date? Or does it mean she just wants a date first rather than just coming over and fucking?
OMG! You men are so dense. Since when does a goodnight kiss have to lead to sex? :confused: Sheesh, no wonder so many teens think kissing can get you pregnant. Apparently a huge hunk of society never stops at the kiss! :eek:

Whaddaya mean a date. There are lots of people who mean just what they say.

If all you want is to fuck, post an ad on LPSG or better yet AFF.:rolleyes: :duh: