How many days vacation/holiday have you taken since January 2001?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
War Room
Number of the day

418: The numbers of days on which George W. Bush has spent at least some time in Crawford since taking office in 2001. According to the Houston Chronicle, Ronald Reagan -- the nation's all-time presidential leisure leader -- took 436 days off during his eight years in office, a record Bush will beat without breaking a sweat in the 528 days he has left as president.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know this isn't really news, but every time it comes up it just pisses me off! :mad:

How many vacation/holiday days have you taken since January 2001?

Perhaps we can get congress to change this for future presidents. I am all for the President of the United States receiving paid vacation. It is a high stress, thankless job, I don't dispute that. Yet, clearly there needs to be a limit set so that people like him don't take advantage.

How about 4 weeks paid vacation per year and if necessary only 2 weeks can carry over to the next calendar year. I think thats fair. What say you America?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had 8 days holiday this year. Sharp contrast to when I was in the UK and had 7 weeks off when I worked for a corproation. Still, all in all being self employed is brilliant.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I doubt it's our type of vaction or holiday though. He is probably doing some type of work even when off, I believe it's going to be a 24/7 kinda job, being the most powerful figuerhead of the world.

Actually when he goes to Crawford, Texas there is always a photo op of him chopping wood, or jogging. I don't doubt that he probably spends a lot of time on the phone or perhaps reading and signing documents. The fact still remains he takes way too many days off.

The distance from Crawford, TX to New Orleans, LA is 552 miles. Obviously he has easy access to Air Force One; and would not be driving, yet it took him 4 days to get to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina from his ranch, because he was on vacation . . .

I can't help but wonder if perhaps he were to spend less time chopping wood and more time in the Oval office maybe the country might be in better shape. :mad:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJQT,

Whether I like the person in power at the time or not I think anyone with that horrendous job needs all the semi stress free moments they can get. Have you noticed that they all go in office with dark hair and come out with white hair unless they are using Ronald Reagon's colorist ?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NJQT,

Whether I like the person in power at the time or not I think anyone with that horrendous job needs all the semi stress free moments they can get. Have you noticed that they all go in office with dark hair and come out with white hair unless they are using Ronald Reagon's colorist ?

Naughty when are you going to stop playing up the Mod role? :rolleyes:

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just because he is at his Crawford ranch does not mean he is vacationing. I know I wouldn't want his job and if he wants a break from Washington to work in Texas, then more power to him. Haven't any of you come home from work only to work?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJQT,

Whether I like the person in power at the time or not I think anyone with that horrendous job needs all the semi stress free moments they can get.
I don't dispute it's probably one of the worst and most stressful jobs there is. I guess I am trying to see if there is a correlation between the poor quality of his work vs the amount of vacation time he has taken. Have you noticed that they all go in office with dark hair and come out with white hair unless they are using Ronald Reagon's colorist ? I have. My mother often comments on the nice head of hair those Kennedy boys had.