How many folks here get erections from non sexual stimuli?

oldpunk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We've all heard the phrase "That gives me a Woody!" applied to the reaction the exhaust notes of a 12 cylinder Ferrari, the exquisite crunch of a '62 SG through a 1970ish Marshall or HiWatt, a Beethoven crescendo, or even a really nifty mathematical proof can evoke in some people.
I have to confess that I often react with a chubby to situations not dissimilar to those I've just described, and I wonder just how common that response is.
I've had raging boners erupt at the very moment I got a really tough piece of computer code running, when getting some goofy shred riff on the guitar to flow decently, hell, even while mudding drywall :eek:
It seems to have to do with activity that's not self conscious, as it often happens when I meditate too, which of course blows the trance state all to hell ...
Does anyone else here get inflated from seeming random inputs?
This perspiring mind wants to know!

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Sometimes it happens, but usually it is because my mind doesn't focus in the "non sexual situation" and gets stuck to sex.

Some music gives me an immediate hardon, but only because i associate it with sex.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can get erections and actually climax when exciting things stimulate me: I have had it happen very often when driving a sports car fast and competitively; I used to have it happen in school and college when faced with a challenging written examination; it can happen to me when I am observing a horse race or athletic event; it has happened to me while water skiing and parachuting; has even happened to me while listening to Mahler and Saint Saens in a concert hall. I remember an orgasm upon seeing the ceiling in the Cistine Chaple;happened to me at Chartres Cathedral.

Reactions: Allan S.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i wish i were so easily aroused. i'm jealous.

whether this is non sexual is up for debate. since puberty, i have always popped a boner in the dentist chair.

otherwise, i'm a slave to sexual stimuli

barron

Sexy Member
Media
Getting undressed in front of someone will do it to me. Locker rooms have been a challenge (pretty much gotten over that), but most any other time if pants go down, dick goes up.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
scanjock8 said:
i wish i were so easily aroused. i'm jealous.

whether this is non sexual is up for debate. since puberty, i have always popped a boner in the dentist chair.

Sounds similar to the thrill, fear and excitement erection I experience.:rolleyes:

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
barron said:
Getting undressed in front of someone will do it to me. Locker rooms have been a challenge (pretty much gotten over that), but most any other time if pants go down, dick goes up.

I'm pretty much the same as Barron. Any time I start taking off my shirt, I pop a boner. Happens all the time in doctor's offices. I don't worry as much about locker rooms; it seems like most of the guys in there are sporting at least a bit chubby.

I get turned on by a lot of non-sexual things. I just enjoy having an erection, no matter the reason.

cute5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ever since I can remember (like 6), I've had erections for any reason or no reason whatsoever. Unless something is wrong, you're going to have erections.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Various things do it for me. Skiing fast down a mountain, hiking high in the mountains, the motion of waves, gardening, home improvement, working on my truck. oooo Who knew pulling weeds can give you wood? I guess it's just doing things that I enjoy can turn me on.

oldpunk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Donkeyboy9 and Hootie, you guys are right on the money in terms of what I was talking about.
I notice that, for me, it happens most when I'm doing something egoless.. when I'm so absorbed in something that I lose sense of self and just flow in whatever circumstances I'm in.
I also notice that the boner is different in quality, too, better somehow, like there's some sort of s3kr1t control panel deep in the brain stem that enables extra phallic super powers, and can only be accessed indirectly, not through the front door of consciousness.
Does this sound nutty?
:confused:

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does anyone else here get inflated from seeming random inputs?
This perspiring mind wants to know![/quote]

Yes, crazy huh. Me today: rushing to get a flight, going through an airport with both hands full masses of luggage and shopping , raging hard on and no way to pull my shirt down or jacket across (or put my hands in my pockets). Was wearing sun glasses, and not where anyone would recognise me! Just acted my cool confident self, got a few glances though. Boys are boys I guess. It sure reminded me how many people there are out there on crotch patrol! :wink:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
oldpunk said:
Donkeyboy9 and Hootie, you guys are right on the money in terms of what I was talking about.
I notice that, for me, it happens most when I'm doing something egoless.. when I'm so absorbed in something that I lose sense of self and just flow in whatever circumstances I'm in.
I also notice that the boner is different in quality, too, better somehow, like there's some sort of s3kr1t control panel deep in the brain stem that enables extra phallic super powers, and can only be accessed indirectly, not through the front door of consciousness.
Does this sound nutty?
:confused:

I never really analyzed the why punk, just knew that it came under emotionally charged conditions and that the erection was instantaneous and accompanied by a huge gusher. Perhaps there is a wiring anamoly in us that creates this phenomenon?? I always attributed it to my being artistic and sensitive in nature.

bighosenow

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The smell of leather does it for me. The aroma of a fresh new leather jacket or walking into shoe store brings my soldier to attention.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The physical movement does it for me lots of times. My kitchen counter as well as ones in my bathrooms come exactly to my crotch and while going about my business I'll realize that I'm getting semi as I'm rubbing against the hard counters. With this thought it becomes sexual, however, as the semis grow to hardons. Since my teenage years I don't remember ever having a full-blown hardon without its producing sexual thoughts.

Pensive Josh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I get erections all the time, most of the time for no apparent reason. Usually I don't mind it, but sometimes it can be inconvenient :redface:.