How many guys give a warning????

huge_cock_have_pic: The question is: if the girl doesn't already know, do you as a hung guy give advance warning.?
I have warned girls at times but the problem is it can come off as cockiness (no pun intended), bragging, exhibitionism, and arrogancy.

Are there ways around that when you do warn?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm pretty verbal, and I think I would be even if size weren't an issue. Hung or not, if the person blowing you isn't prepared or willing to guzzle it down -- some people have an issue of getting a facial, and I'd rather know where s/he wants my load.

huge_cock_have_pic: Talking once we're naked is not the issue. That is just good sex and common sense. Talking before we are naked is awkward, at least for me.

"excuse me, but before we go any further, I have to warn you about something?"

1) i am assuming something is going to happen
2) can sound like bragging

wvalady1968: That's a very good question, especially with some guys. :eek:

I would want to be told when things started getting hot and heavy. I mean, not every girl can take the large guys. Although, trying could be fun. ;)

Longhornjok: :D
Dee, this is the warning BEFORE that warning - as in telling a potential partner you're hung beforehand. Personally, unless I am showing or it's brought up somehow, then no. I mean, am I supposed to walk around with a sandwich board "if you're interested in me, just so you know, I have a giant penis"? I mean, after all there are lots of things 2 people can do together in the sack.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I say, let the surprise come as it does.

If I'm in the bed for a romp, then it's only a matter of time when clothes are strewn off and bodies start becoming visible. "Surprise!" "Oh wow!" I know I don't dress in a certain way or draw any more attention to my penis in normal, everyday communications; it's visible, but I mean, there's always that coy game of sneaking glances and, if caught, then that makes stuff awkward.

I would be pretty straightforward about my size if I were asked, of course. (That takes courage!) But until then, I'm all for waiting until the appropriate time to share the surprise.

gigantikok: Of the few sexual partners I've had, they've ALL known beforehand. I've told everyone of them beforehand. I've never really experienced a pure, honest reaction to my penis by a girl that has been taken off guard with its size. The closest I got was with one girl I told beforehand that didn't expect to be as thick as it ended up being. She just said "Wow" a couple of times. It felt really neat to be getting a reaction so I think I'm going to stop warning my partners beforehand.

Donk: I love the reaction of surprise when a girl sees my penis for the first time when she has no idea that I am hung.

I am in a long-term relationship now (totally faithful), so this really applies to my "single" past. Back in the day, in order to preserve the surprise factor, I would avoid telling a girl beforehand unless (1) I thought it would help me get her in bed in the first place or (2) I sensed that she was the type who would freak (in a bad way) if I just sprung it on her. When I told, I would try to keep it subtle and downplay the actual size. This was partly to keep from seeming arrogant and partly to help keep some of the surprise. It seems that when many girls think "big" they are picturing something like 7".

In my case, the surprise factor is always enhanced because I'm only 5'5" tall and I usually dress so as not to show much of a bulge. Often, even when told in advance, they are still surprised because they don't really believe it till they see it. Example: there was one former gf that I knew would freak without some prior warning, so I told her my actual size and she totally dismissed it. She just said, "But you're so little!" (She did eventually become a believer :)).

SpeedoGuy: Only once did I give advance warning. It was on a casual date that I thought was going to be platonic but by the end of the evening she aggressively propositioned me for sex. I was astounded but didn't waste any time in responding to her offer. Since she was a lot shorter than me I really thought it my duty to warn her about my size beforehand. No bragging or cockiness intended, I didn't want either of us to be let down by what could have been a problem.

It wasn't a problem. She told me later it only served to further stoke the desire.

SG

Valkyrie: Interesting topic... I agree with wvalady - if/when things start to get hot and heavy I kind of like an advance warning (if you have the goods to back it up of course...). In my case though, it's more likely to cause a positive reaction...

It doesn't have to come off as bragging or assuming something is about to happen. If you're in the stage where you start suspecting something might happen (kissing, fondling, conversation turning slightly raunchy/sexy, visible interest from the woman, heavy flirting etc.) it doesn't take much to convey the message. It can be as simple as leaning forward so only she can hear you and having a conversation along these lines:

"I just have to ask you a very straightforward questions, is that OK?"

"OK." (which is the most likely response if she's interested in you)

"Do you like your guys bigger than average?"

Depending on her reaction and answer you take it from there. From my side the natural response would be a question back as to how much bigger than average - and voila, there you go. Other responses might be an awkward silence - she's either scared, stunned or didn't imagine sex at all - you'll probably have to move on if sex that night was what you had on your mind. She might be a bit embarrased but still interested - you might have to work on it, but at least the message is conveyed.

Important from your part is to _not_ be ashamed of asking the question - no blushing, no excusing, no stuttering, no assuming that she will either accept or reject your size. Just as stated in the first line - a straightforward, curious question.

Also keep in mind - this is based from my own cultural context - Scandinavian. Having spent quite a lot of time in the US though I would assume it works quite well over there too.

/Val

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Yes in my case ... I thought it was essential to give a warning in the early stages of a relationship when a new girlfriend began to fall for me.  My best friend reinforced the urgency of it, and with some reason (she is now my wife).  I think it would be very unfair not to do this in some way or another.

When I judged the time was right I very nervously took her hands in mine and used my very own patented Braille method.  No bragging involved, because no words involved :)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I guess you could say I give a warning.

I orgasm as soon as we shake hands.

Pecker

(If you can't hear me it's because I'm in parentheses.)

emilywee: i've had a slightly different situation. i had a group of friends who all knew my preference for big ones. one of the guys joked a few times how he was small, in a funny sort of way but also i could tell he was trying to gauge my curiosity. one day he finally offered to show it to me, and when he did he was not small at all. he was extremely thick, and i was surprised to say the least.

prepstudinsc: I always try to at least hint around that I'm larger than most guys are....I don't come out and just say "I'm hung like a horse" or something that vulgar, but there are ways that you can sort of discreetly hint at what is to come without being obscene or too forward. There is also the matter of the bulge which gives a mild preview of what is to come, so to speak. ;) The wife of one of my friends made a comment to another friend at a party we were at one time--I found out about it later--but she said to a couple people there that I was either hard or else I was hung like a horse. For some reason, she had never noticed before, but the jeans I was wearing that night accentuated the positive, I guess, and one of the other people there who had seen me at the gym, said that he had seen me at the gym and it indeed was very large soft. LOL

hotman24901: I never had told the woman before we had sex how large I am. Usually she has touched me before the sex starts and she knows how large I am. But I have had a few that didn't touch me and I didn't tell them. But I did start off easy with them. One did comment that she didn't know if she could take it all the way or not. But she did take it and enjoyed the nite.

honeydarlins: Most have never said a thing about how large they were. I did have one man that I wish would have told me. I did take him all the way in but it hurt when he first started. He went easy until I got used to him. I had a great time that nite but the next day I was very sore. We had sex a few times after that and it was great but I was always sore the next day so I gave it up with him.

Hung11by6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most people know my size before we get busy. Seems word about my big dick gets around faster than the internet these days...and it's usually my previous girls or my buddy's telling what they've seen, heard or whatever. If asked I have no issue telling that I'm over 11inches, and that usually gets the required "let me see" which I have no problem with either. The only thing I say is "if I get this hard you better be prepared to deal with it". Most people have never seen a dick over 10 inches so even if they know they are always a little freaked about it.

feared: i always let them know beforehand. its common courtesy, really. if you were about to be stabbed in one of your orifices with a rod the size of some of the guys on this site, you'd appreciate a warning!

Donk: [quote author=feared link=board=sex;num=1065131824;start=0#17 date=10/06/03 at 00:34:58]i always let them know beforehand. its common courtesy, really. [/quote]

I disagree with that. Unless you have good reason to believe that the particular woman will be especially traumatized by seeing the size of your organ, I don't think courtesy demands that you go into specifics before you first hit the sack. For one thing, the attempted courtesy could really backfire and come off as rude because (1) no matter how you approach it, there is a danger that it will sound like bragging and (2) it presumes that she intends to have sex with you, which she may take as very forward if she hasn't decided that yet.

Where common courtesy comes in is after she has seen it if she says "You're not putting that thing in me!" respect her feelings and stop. Of course, ignoring that statement and going forward after she says no is beyond rude--it is criminal rape. But some sensitivity and discussion might eventually persuade her to change that no to a yes.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Donk link=board=sex;num=1065131824;start=0#18 date=10/06/03 at 05:51:09]

Where common courtesy comes in is after she has seen it if she says "You're not putting that thing in me!" respect her feelings and stop.[/quote]

Depends on what sort of girl she is, and the whole basis on which you conduct relationships. If you are assuming no sex before marriage (as I was) ... I hold to the view I expressed above that common courtesy does dictate that you are open about what may be a problem and a shock, before someone has committed herself unreservedly to you.