How many guys have NOT had a same sex experience

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Smartalk, Mar 7, 2009.

?

Have you ever had a same sex experience?

Poll closed May 6, 2009.
  1. No, I have not

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Yes, but hetrosexual

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Yes, but realized I was Bi

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Yes, but realized I was Gay

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. No, but would given the opportunity

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Smartalk

Gold Member

I was reading in one of the other posts about the Kindsey report on a third of guys having a same sex encounter.

This lead me to think how many of the members can honestly say that they HAVE NOT, at point in there life had a same sex experience. I remember messing around with one or two of my male mates when growing up. All perfectly natural experimentation and nothing to be ashamed of, what is the true figure.

Tried to post a pole to get an honest answer, but not sure how to do it

2. pym

pym New Member

I NEVER Have{or..."HAVE NOT"}.......and would un-ashamedly admit it if i had.
    I have always lusted after the female form.
    And always will.

3. dong20

Gold Member

Was that a Freudian spelling error? :wink:

4. Smartalk

Gold Member

I have to answer your question if only to be pole-lite. Answer: maybe

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Is this only for male posters or are you using 'guys' more generically?
    (Just curious - perfectly valid question either way - I just don't want to skew the results if it doesn't apply to women.)

6. Smartalk

Gold Member

:redface: ManlyBanisters Please forgive me, The bias does appear to be towards men and that is down to me. Please do join in with your vote and or comments. Consider myself told-off, will try not to do it again

7. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Is wanking together a same sex experience, so also gay?

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Aw Smarty - I wasn't telling you off at all. Male / female stats are probably totally different on this one. I just didn't want to fuck with your survey by answering if it didn't apply. It's perfectly reasonable to make this poll just about men if that's the stat you are interested in. Kinsey et al published the research on men and women separately so it is reasonable to assume that the 1/3 'stat' you are referring to is just about men. I have no problem with that. I'm grounded enough to know that studying the behaviour of one sex and not the other is not sexism and I sure wasn't accusing you of anything - I thought I made that clear in the grey text. Sorry if I didn't.

If the men I've talked with about same sex encounters over the years are to be believed then no, 1/3 is not accurate. I'd say from my own personal sample of friends and excluding people I know here (where there is a clearly unrepresentative number of gay men) that 1/10 is closer to an accurate fraction of men who have had same sex experiences.

But then I think it may depend a great deal on what a person defines as a sexual experience and what a person defines as a same sex sexual experience. Pieter is asking about wanking together - some people would not consider that a sexual experience (regardless of the sex of the two, or more, people) unless those people touch each other and not just themselves. Others would think that performing a sexual act in the same room as someone else is a shared sexual experience - in which case I've 'had sex' with a whole load more people than I currently count as my tally. :rolleyes:

9. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've never had an opposite-sex experience.

10. JustAsking

Gold Member

I've never had a same-sex experience. I am not even sure if I ever had the opportunity. Or maybe I had the opportunity but was too clueless to recognize it.

If you asked me to guess how many straight guys have had same-sex experiences I would lean more towards MB's estimate. However, that is just a guess on my part, and it could be becuase I underestimate how many men have done this and not talked about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted