How many here get enuff simple affection?

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I love hugs, and give them to Mr. Ed all the time as much as possible!
I also like giving and recieving them, from my Dal m&m's, my mother and daddy, the kids of my sister and brothers,various nieces and nephews and even the online hugs I recieve from time to time from you guys!
I do wish we could really set up a place and time, for the members here
to get together and meet each other,wouldn't that be blessed?
But alas, no one can seems to agree on a common place to have such a meeting!
Now I'm sad! :tongue: :mad:
cigarbabe:saevilw:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also like giving and recieving them from my Dal m&m's,mother the kids
various nieces and nephews, and even the online hugs I recieve from time to time from you guys!
I do wish we could really set up a place and time, for the members here
to get together and meet each other,wouldn't that be blessed?
But alas, no one seems to find a common place to have such a meeting!
Now I'm sad!

Dont be! Your kind words and warmth radiate across the miles. I think we can see why so many of us are drawn here. We do something for one another that may not be happening elsewhere on a daily basis. I too have grown to like hugs though I didnt as a child... Many of my childhood pictures look as if someone were trying to hurt me when in truth I realize they were probably trying to hold or hug me! LOL!

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not sure I would ever feel I've had "enough".

In the past I have snuggled up and made love with partners for a week (staying in bed with them day and night) only getting up to get food and use the bathroom.

I do get a lot more affection than many people.

But when it comes to affection it is not a case of less is more.

More is more.

Full_Phil

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was in a bar last night and sat next to an older man who was celebrating his 59th birthday all by himself. Although he mentioned with pride that one of his three sons had called him on father's day, he is alone now that he has finally cut ties with his drug-dependent ex-wife. When I left, I felt moved to give him a birthday hug, which brought him to tears, and he said it was the first one he'd had in over a year. I'm not patting myself on the back---just mentioneing that if we can actually seek out ways to do little things like this ("random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty"), we can give pleasure and confidence to two people---the recipient and ourselves. Hugs to all just for the hell of it. And yes, Madame Zora, spending no less than $5.00 in a thrift store can be a lot of fun, and you meet some interesting people there.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Simple affection. Hugs and compliments will make the hugees day as well as the hugger. If it's a person that is uncomfortable with a hug, a pat on the back can be enough. We all need a hug, a pat on the back, a squeeze on the shoulder, a compliment and a caring look from each other.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
YOu know... I just thought about it. I dont get hugs most of the time .My mother doesnt particularly enjoy being hugged neither did my father . My brother is wonderful but not a big hugger either. I probably go without human touch for great periods of time even though I am surrounded by others... hmmmmm.:confused:

I too have grown to like hugs though I didnt as a child... Many of my childhood pictures look as if someone were trying to hurt me when in truth I realize they were probably trying to hold or hug me! LOL!
Interesting, naughty. I guess being affectionate is a learned behavior. I have a VERY large extended family (my parents were both from 6-child families, and all but 2 of my aunts and uncles had lots o' chilluns) and I have 5 siblings-in-law. Of all those, one sister-in-law was from a no-touch family, and she has always been the odd one out. It's just habit for all the rest of us to hug one another when we meet up - but you could just see a look of horror and revulsion (literally!) on Beth's face when anyone even got close enough to shake her hand. I always thought that was sad, but that's just the way she grew up.

<...>
Now I'm sad! :tongue: :mad:
Don't be sad, babe! Here's one huge cyber-bear-hug for Mr. Ed, and three big cyber-bear hugs for YOU!

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Interesting, naughty. I guess being affectionate is a learned behavior. I have a VERY large extended family (my parents were both from 6-child families, and all but 2 of my aunts and uncles had lots o' chilluns) and I have 5 siblings-in-law. Of all those, one sister-in-law was from a no-touch family, and she has always been the odd one out. It's just habit for all the rest of us to hug one another when we meet up - but you could just see a look of horror and revulsion (literally!) on Beth's face when anyone even got close enough to shake her hand. I always thought that was sad, but that's just the way she grew up.

Don't be sad, babe! Here's one huge cyber-bear-hug for Mr. Ed, and three big cyber-bear hugs for YOU!

Right back at you D C !!

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just thinking about a friend of mine who gives hugs out freely to anyone he thinks needs one, or if he needs one.

Sometimes you just need to ask.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My bf and gf are extremely affectionate. I don't even remember who kept me going before I met them (oh, that's right - he tried to kill himself).

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I don't remember the last time I got a hug from anyone other than my son...

I am sorry, I do understand how you feel. The few people in my life who touched me are all deceased. Most of the touching my family did was abuse.
Sometimes, a year or more goes by that no non-medical person touches me. People I know want me to rub their shoulders or back (I'm very very good at it) but they never think about me. The only touch I ever get is theraputic massage or chiropractic adjustments. Trust me, those are painful and not heart-felt touches.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I have livedd alone since my divorce. Some 30 odd years now. So I am sorry to say I get nothing.love.sex or anything.

Maybe, you can join some senior groups. We had one where they would meet, have meals together, play cards and dominoes. Just make friends. Most of them were very active people. You might find some peeps hot for what you got. :wink:

In my case, the damage to my body is limiting my activities. I would like to go camping with friends, swimming, hiking, and fishing. Right now, I can't do anything . Waaaaaaaa I need a hug. maybe a grope too :naughty:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

DC dont get me wrong. I like hugs too. I guess I can be a bit bashful at times and on some occassion it can be taken for aloofness. So lay all the cyber hugs on me you can. I think we all need them to get through the day...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe, you can join some senior groups. We had one where they would meet, have meals together, play cards and dominoes. Just make friends. Most of them were very active people. You might find some peeps hot for what you got. :wink:

In my case, the damage to my body is limiting my activities. I would like to go camping with friends, swimming, hiking, and fishing. Right now, I can't do anything . Waaaaaaaa I need a hug. maybe a grope too :naughty:

Awwwwww, Hootie. I am sending one great big cyber hug your way right now. As for the grope... well. UH... I think I will give you back rub and you can deal with other parts! LOL!

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This has been a great thread to read- and to have on the board. (((HUGS))) to all of you- I am a really touchy feely person. I don't think its learned, however, in my case, as I grew up with very little affection (appropriate affection, that is) or compliments. Yet in adulthood, I cannot help but respond to another's expression of emotion with a hug, usually. Sometimes even people i dont know well, I really cant help it. If they are speaking of something and I hear that 'crack' of emotion in their voice, thats it, even if its quick I GOTTA hug them- sure some people have been a bit taken aback- but thats okay. I apologize and no one has ever gotten angry at me for it.
Maybe somewhere inside I realized, not having it myself, that people need it- so without conscious thought on my part just became a huggy. (not the diaper, btw)
:hug: :hug: :grouphug: