Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's a loaded term.

I feel that the genders should have equal opportunities and equal treatment by society.

In the UK the average man dies aged 77 while the average woman dies aged 82. This appears to indicate massive inequality of opportunity and treatment. Most disturbing.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
In the UK the average man dies aged 77 while the average woman dies aged 82. This appears to indicate massive inequality of opportunity and treatment. Most disturbing.

I don't think it's necessarily about missed opportunity and lack of treatment, though.

Overall, about 70% of the variation around average life expectancy is probably attributable to environmental factors — your behaviors and your exposures. Probably only 30% is due to genetics.

Read the whole article in Time here

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
actually.. yeah :smile:
is exactly what feminist means.

Feminism is a collection of movements aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights and equal opportunities for women.[1][2][3] Its concepts overlap with those of women's rights. Feminism is mainly focused on women's issues, but because feminism seeks gender equality, some feminists argue that men's liberation is therefore a necessary part of feminism, and that men are also harmed by sexism and gender roles. Feminists are "person whose beliefs and behavior are based on feminism."[4]

Last edited:

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a loaded term.

I feel that the genders should have equal opportunities and equal treatment by society.

Pretty sure its a biological factor rather than a social one. Something to do with the male hormone and how they greater affect the body.

... Feminist like equal opportunities? Thought they were more into the so called positive discrimination boat.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Equalitist here. Is that the same thing as a feminist...?
it is/was.

but it's like religion. you get extremists who twist and warp things.
but true feminists are no more man haters than true christians are abortion clinic bombers.

paneros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I believe in the idea of gender equality, as in equal opportunities available to all genders, so by definition that makes me a feminist.

What was the point of your original question, and your own views, theaussieone?

just wondering how many here believe in gender equality.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yes. I believe in gender equality. I believe that a woman should have the right to choose her role in what she does without societal/family pressure. If she wants to become a doctor/lawyer/rule the world, go for it sister. If she wants to be an artist, go for it sister. If she wants to be a stay at home mom/homemaker, go for it, sister.

However, SHE should make that choice, no one else.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
BTW, Dolfette, WHAT is that in your avatar? It looks like something with more than four legs and that is creepy crawlie. I'm terrified of anything with more than four legs.

*Shudders uncontrollably*