Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nerd here, too. Though, looking at the Venn diagram so kindly provided a few pages back, I see that I have moved from the dweeb side of nerd to the geek side as I have gotten older, I think. Did Comp Sci in HS and college along with a math ed minor, though have never been into the video game or sci fi/fantasy stuff. I am, however, obsessed with some off-beat technology-related interests. Never been into the pop music of my own generation, being more into classical music and the music of my parents' time (30s-40s-early 50s). Still somewhat socially inept in some situations. Though, I do take issue with the definition a few pages back, I am not a fat basement dweller!

But otherwise, yup I'm a nerd.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Diagnosed when my daughter was about 8 years ago. I just wish I could have had a diagnosis at a very young age. It would have helped me in school. No one seemed to teach the way I learned.

My world is in technicolor when it comes to sensory. I'd like to say I'm proud of it now and it has given me some really cool "abilities" but it's been hard to be around people for these reasons.

LPSG is my little warm, moist place to curl up and feel at home even with my oddities. Nice to know I am amongst nerds.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Diagnosed when my daughter was about 8 years ago. I just wish I could have had a diagnosis at a very young age. It would have helped me in school. No one seemed to teach the way I learned.

My world is in technicolor when it comes to sensory. I'd like to say I'm proud of it now and it has given me some really cool "abilities" but it's been hard to be around people for these reasons.

LPSG is my little warm, moist place to curl up and feel at home even with my oddities. Nice to know I am amongst nerds.

sweet!
intorwebz quiz wanna-bes suck-a-butt.

D_ Jack_Soffalotte

Account Disabled
Media
I'm studying for a degree in Games Design. I'm pretty sure that alone qualifies me as a nerd.

Although I'm honestly not all that socially inept, I mean my social life has its ups and downs like everyone, but... I just have very nerdy interests for the most part...

Me! Me me me me! I'm a nerd! :biggrin1:

I've been playing Dungeons & Dragons since I was 8, will eventually be getting a many-sided dice tattooed somewhere (not sure whether it'll be a D4 or D10 or what yet), I still have most of my books from when I attended college so I can re-read them, etc.

D_ Jack_Soffalotte

Account Disabled
Media
Me! Me me me me! I'm a nerd! :biggrin1:

I've been playing Dungeons & Dragons since I was 8, will eventually be getting a many-sided dice tattooed somewhere (not sure whether it'll be a D4 or D10 or what yet), I still have most of my books from when I attended college so I can re-read them, etc.
You mean a polyhedral dice?

/nerd

You mean a polyhedral dice?

/nerd

Yep :)

Also, I'm drooling over upgrades for my baby (desktop gaming rig). I think the theoretical $ I would like to spend is about $1,400 so far. Sigh. Gonna break my bank

Last edited by a moderator:

I am the offspring of a Textbook and a Calculator. I have just finished my University degree i majored in 'How to be a Normal Human Being' i barely scraped through.