How many of you have ever seriously contemplated suicide?

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Do you have people in your life who love you? Who care about you? Would miss you desperately and feel utter desolation and devastation if you were gone? Would they feel guilt for the rest of their lives whenever they thought about you because they couldn't make you happy enough to want to live?

If you choose to make people who love you feel like that.... that's selfish. "I can't cope with this pain a second longer, you have it!"

No, I don't anymore.

And you really should try to digest the posts you are reading before commenting and extolling your beliefs/opinions.

Otherwise you appear sort of.....ignorant.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I don't anymore.

And you really should try to digest the posts you are reading before commenting and extolling your beliefs/opinions.

Otherwise you appear sort of.....ignorant.

Well.... excuse me having an opinion.

Of course, choosing to ignore the fact that my argument is based on those who DO have people who love them is pretty ignorant. But I guess some people like to just use only the bits that best suit their cause don't they.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Quod Erat Demonstrandum

If you had read, digested and understood the posts you would have realised (as pretty much every one else did - even the thick one's) that it was in the third-person, dear.

you're such a wanker.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That has no bearing on the argument.

I address my response to the argument, not to you.

Phrase your argument in a fashion that is NOT self centered in its motivations...
The argument... as you stated it, was its own proof of selfish motive.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
That has no bearing on the argument.

I address my response to the argument, not to you.

Phrase your argument in a fashion that is NOT self centered in its motivations...
The argument... as you stated it, was its own proof of selfish motive.

I think, in a court of law, I could argue it was directed at me.

Best back off.:smile:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I sounds like you spend a lot of time feeling sorry for yourself and/or allow negative thoughts to consume your being waaaaay too much! All that negativity turns nearly everybody off, try the other side for awhile, it’s a much better place to live even in the rough spots.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
It's sickening how people who have never considered it think that nobody around them has ever had a justifiable reason to think it or do it. People like that, those who have never been there, are always the first to call it selfish after the fact and the last to realize that people like them in that person's life only served to push them along.
This thread makes me want to headbutt a goddamn machete.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think people should be compassionate toward people who are contemplating suicide, I mean, those people's lives are miserable! I can't stand when people kick someone when they're down.

Reactions: headbang8

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you had read, digested and understood the posts you would have realised (as pretty much every one else did - even the thick one's) that it was in the third-person, dear.

you're such a wanker.

So..... you were talking in the third person when you asked the question... yet when I answered suddenly it flipped (as did you) and was about you?

Make your mind up!

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think, in a court of law, I could argue it was directed at me.

Best back off.:smile:

You could argue that... and you would lose.

Don't play rhetoric unless you want to play fair.

You ASKED for an explanation of why suicide was selfish... You phrased it in the first person... I QUOTED you.

Sorry... I can't be accused of directing your own first person statement at you.

And BTW... don't suggest to folks that their disagreement with your points means they didnlt "digest" what you had to say...
That's insulting.. and narcissistic.
I read what you said... I disagreed....
Your argument was flawed...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's sickening how people who have never considered it think that nobody around them has ever had a justifiable reason to think it or do it. People like that, those who have never been there, are always the first to call it selfish after the fact and the last to realize that people like them in that person's life only served to push them along.

I would never say folks don't have a justifiable reason to kill themselves.

Really... if you don't like life...step off.

I think the CHOICE to see life in that way is a poor one.
But OCD is a tough nut to crack.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

I see my kids that I love beyond anything and know that the potential is in them as much as me.

As much as ........say........ anyone.

Even those who currently decry it.

One of the greatest ever quotes I heard was "There but for the grace of [your god or belief] go I".

For nine-tenths of my life, I would have put suicides down as being "selfish" &/or "weak".

Then I confronted it.

You know what?

I'm strong.

All the stonger for that (though I could've done without it).

D_Botchely Boneher

Account Disabled
Media
Phil Ayesho, I was surprised not at all to see you describe yourself as an "artist" in your profile. Where would the world be without you delightful artists, always teaching us lessons when you're not occupied filming plastic bags floating in the breeze.

You say: "Misery, itself, is predicated upon dwelling on your own internal state to the exclusion of the external."

I confess. This is one of the many things in the world I don't understand. Were the rather unhappy children being lined up and shuffled into ovens at Auschwitz miserable for being too self-absorbed? Again, I don't understand. The majority of people are not happy. If you want to deny that, fine. I don't see how anyone possibly could, but if you will, there's nothing more we can argue about. It's white noise when people talk like this.

"There is no doubt that killing oneself is an act of self absorption."
As is eating, drinking, procreating, pissing, shitting, fucking, etc. etc.
1. All experiences are subjective.
2. This cannot be escaped.
3. The onus is on you to prove it is morally negative rather than neutral.

"I think it is indicative of Obsessive Compulsive disorders of the mind..."
I'm sure there are plenty of people getting rich off of that very idea as we speak. Why is it anathema to you to suggest that voluntary non-existence can be a result of an embrace of reason, not the surrender of it?

A kind of vague, watered-down Buddhist mysticism pervades your post. It wouldn't surprise me if you thought you were the Buddha reincarnate, or at least met the guy, you know, once when you were young, at some temple in India, after having finished college and done something really original and imaginative like gone backpacking through Europe. You know, for the experience, dude? And I bet it makes your CV look good too, eh?

"When you are miserable... you are only thinking about your OWN suffering... hence the self centered nature of the argument against suicide."
Not necessarily. Are you not made miserable by reading of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Or even something more minor, like labour-market flexibility. I am, and not for reasons masturbatory.

"But is the man is killing himself because he doesnlt want to have to face the year of pain and suffering that comes with dying of cancer... then he is killing himself for a self centered motive."
And what's wrong with that? You're making self-indulgence seem almost heroic!

"The argument is the same as saying you might as well not read anything nor write anything since it always ends in a period anyway."
Once more over my head.

"His argument is idiotic... the animal being eaten is not suffering that experience its WHOLE life."
He was contrasting the pleasure of eating with the pain of being eaten. If that doesn't do it for you, how about the pleasure you get congratulating yourself for being so humble. Does that pleasure exceed the pain experienced by someone with muscular dystrophy?

"Fuck Schopenhauer"
Now, now. You do yourself a disservice when you talk like this.

"D.H. Lawrence said:
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
Without ever having felt sorry for itself.""
That's because their neural systems are comparatively unsophisticated. They would if they knew how!

"Richard Bach wrote:
"“Anyone desperate enough for suicide...should be desperate enough to go to creative extremes to solve problems: elope at midnight, stow away on the boat to New Zealand and start over, do what they always wanted to do but were afraid to try.”"
Swell. Sounds a tad self-indulgent for you, surely?

make room for someone who appreciates their life...
There it is again.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Swell. Sounds a tad self-indulgent for you, surely?

ABSOLUTELY!

My reasons for loving life are ALL self centered.
I love my life. I love other people loving their life...

The only tragedy is that it has to end before I find out who done it.

But My actions are not driven by self interest... and I barely think of my own emotional state my own situation, at all.

I know the secret of life...

It's this:
You will be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, time...
dead.

Why hurry an eternity of nothing?

Why not savor the sorrow as much as you do the sweet?

Again... its a CHOICE.

one choice is final... the other choice leads to more choices.

Choose wisely, grasshopper...

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You could argue that... and you would lose.

Don't play rhetoric unless you want to play fair.

You ASKED for an explanation of why suicide was selfish... You phrased it in the first person... I QUOTED you.

Sorry... I can't be accused of directing your own first person statement at you.

And BTW... don't suggest to folks that their disagreement with your points means they didnlt "digest" what you had to say...
That's insulting.. and narcissistic.
I read what you said... I disagreed....
Your argument was flawed...

I would never put someone down as not having digested and understood a post unless I believed it to be so.

it's not a defence mechanism.

Sorry you never noticed I was talking in the third person, I would have expected you to as you appear quite well read.

If you don't wanna fall out.....ditch the high horse occasionally.

If you do....quote me Latin.

As in: Quod Erat Demonstrandum

D_Botchely Boneher

Account Disabled
Media
The chicks dig Phil's drivel. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wearing a tie dyed shirt as he types.

you seem to put to much emphasis on sex and probably have no life.
I'll plead guilt on both counts, but these insults seem like non sequiturs of almost Monty Pythonian proportions to these eyes.

why havent you done away with yourself yet ? you obviously have a terrible disdain for life. so why take part in what you hate?
As I (think) I already explained: I consider that moments of happiness or even contentment are exceptional. Given the choice between living and never having existed, I would choose the latter. But, now that I'm here, I'll take the misery, the suffering, the endless, grinding, degrading and unrelenting humiliation until I've experienced a few of the good or even tolerable things life has to offer. Why should I be short-changed?

or do you just want to see how many people fell sorry for you and will offer positive reinforcement ?
Supposing that were true, would it be unbecoming? Immoral? Supposing it is true, would you rather have me keep all these burning feelings inside simply for the sake of your LPSG aesthetics? All these positively ghastly topics just won't do! How cold are the righteous!

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here are some tips for you.

*Cut along the wrists not laterally - this follows the veins and allows more blood to flow.
*Cut the arteries in both sides of the groin- people have been known to bleed out in less than 5 mins.
*Do it in the bath tub with the cold water running- Makes less mess for you loved ones to clean up and makes discovering your corpse less of a visual shock.
*Use a sharp knife- this makes a very clean wound and doesn't leave ragged edges for the blood platelets to adhere to which will reduce blood flow.

Hope this post was helpful.
Enjoy yourself now.

Last edited:

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I have contemplated it. I remember feeling a penetrating, cutting, undying loneliness, pain, and misery. My misery wasn't economical, nor health related, it was social, being made a pariah and after a while pretty much accepting being one is hard on your psyche, you tend to lose sight of things.

I didn't make my death wish a daily routine, it was more like a moment that felt like 12 hours, where I was gazing through nothingness and just thinking about it, about not being there, about leaving all behind, about not feeling anything else, after all "anything else" just meant shit.

But, It got to a point were I just didn't care anymore, I think that caring burdens you, it is healthy to care, but only to care a lot about a few things. I didn't care for my own suffering, or for anyone else's for that matter, just of a select few. I guess I closed myself to many external motivations.

I also don't care a whole lot for other human beings, I grew weary of them, of us, at least we haven't managed to kill all other species, dogs are around, dogs are nice. However, I still get enraged by people, by little things, by their apparent insensitivities, but at the end of the day they'll be gone, won't bother me any longer. I guess I'm a cold selfish cunt, but that's how I learned to handle my "blue condition"