How many of you have tattoos?

MamaQ.

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Have none, not interested (wrong demographic, I guess). Not bothered by it particularly.

Did feel very bad for a worker at a retail store in Vegas who was wearing a high collar and long sleeves and he still had plenty of visible ink sticking out of his collar and both sleeves even though he had clearly dressed to hide it. He was a really young kid and the reason I felt bad for him is that his career in anything other than minimum-wage work, at least in terms of public- or other-facing work, had already ended.

Something discreet that can be concealed under normal work attire is one thing. Head-to-toe ink is almost like carrying a sign saying "I CAN'T PLAN MORE THAN TEN MINUTES INTO THE FUTURE."[/quote]

sorry if i come across somewhat hostile, but what is the correct demographic for tattoos please? i am pretty covered, so i can't count them okay. complete right sleeve, half left sleve, right legt stomach and so forth. i have piercings too. and you know what, you smarmy git, i'm just about to complete my bachelors degree in midwifery and i'll be earning a hell of a lot more than minimum wage. maybe i just live in a country where people are not so shallow as to judge someone just by the way i look. i'm with women in their most intense and private moments and i handle newborns and not a single person ever has treated me like tattooe scum. maybe you should try to broaden your horizon a little bit, or, shock horror, even leave your country every now and then and discover there is actually a world out there.
phew, that feels better.
tattoos can be beautiful, having none is the ultimate cool.

MuscledHorse

Superior Member
Media
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a tattoo of an anatomically correct centaur on my left delt (you can see it in my profile pics). The centaur in Greek myth represented the animal nature of man: agression, strength, sexualty), though the centaur Chiron was well-read and tutor to the warrior Achilles.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was an art history major and I find many tattoos to be quite beautiful.

Some are true works of art, others are done in memory of a loved one, or to commemorate an important life event. I have no problem with that. If I were of a lighter complexion I would probably have a few myself.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Never got any...

might consider it if not for what happens to them as the skin cells divide and ages...

faded, blurry, and wrinkly tattoos.... ugh.

Really bold tribal designs probably hold up best over time...

But the ones meant to look like airbrush art on a panel van?

they just get really bad, really fast,

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
I was an art history major and I find many tattoos to be quite beautiful.

Some are true works of art, others are done in memory of a loved one, or to commemorate an important life event. I have no problem with that. If I were of a lighter complexion I would probably have a few myself.

Tattoos that glow under a blacklight are "the thing" now... Thats how I did my angel wings, they only show under blacklight and in the light they just look like an odd sun tattoo.

Equine74

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've got three tattoos: one half-sleeve and two smaller ones (one on my chest, the other on my upper arm). I love them all
I've also had a number of piercings: Earl, nipple, septum and PA. I don't wear any of them any more. I thought that the nipple, septum and PA were more trouble than they were worth but I really liked the Earl and I wish that I still had it (I couldn't get away with it at work, and it's not a piercing you can take out and put back in again).

9incut

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
3 tattoos
1 I got redone and things added to it so been in the chair 4 times
longest tattoo took about 2 hours.

not sure if this counts but I also have 5 brandings from fraternity

zacktoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have 3 - one on each ankle and one on my left foot! I agree they are addictive. I plan on getting my right foot done soon so it's healed for the summer. I don't regret any of my tatts. Each of them has meaning to me and I can't imagine not having them. They are such a part of me.

For those who care considering getting one..you'll know once you the "the one" and nothing will stop you from getting it.

D

deleted209766

i have two, a cross on my foot and the superman logo on my thigh (it was a soccer thing)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tattoos that glow under a blacklight are "the thing" now... Thats how I did my angel wings, they only show under blacklight and in the light they just look like an odd sun tattoo.

Uhmm, okay I remember hearing about the glow in the dark tatts a few years ago. The only problem is I can't remember the last time I was in a club or someplace with blacklights so that hardly seems like a good idea.

Guinea Pig

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a large - ish tattoo - of a Viking on my left arm & i have had it for 25 years. I love it - would get more if I could fined a decent artist in this town.

I have my nipples pierced, one is done twice - love them.

My fav thing of all is my PA ( Prince Albert ) I have had it for 20 years & I love it.

No regrets here.

cutedorkwho

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I have piercings but no tattoos. I want one, and already know where i want it but I don't want just any random thing, I want to draw it myself or at least have a say in how it looks. Knowing me it will be fairly abstract. I always found abstract tattoos much more intriguing than a simple fairy or butterfly. (no offense at all to those who get them)

I have 5 piercings, and I'm happy with every single one. Both ears gauged
(at 4g right now)
I have snakebites in my lip, and a pierced frenum.

For the longest time I had just one lip ring, and I could never figure out exactly why I wasn't as excited about it as I thought. One day I was playing around with an old ring and put it on the other side and knew right then that I would have to get a matching piercing on the right side of my lip.

I think it's the symmetry that bugged me about just the left ring. The face is such a symmetrical shape that to offset it with a single piece of jewelry not only disturbs the overall flow, but attracts all the attention to that one area. Then again I'm just weird..

:)

kode3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have the Hawaiian island chain on my leg...

256238493_nK4qg-S.jpg