How many of you here are gay?

tigerwolf: I'm just curious. There seems to be WAY too many straight guys around here. Kinda depressing in a way. :p I know for one I'm queerer than a 3 dollar bill, or a football bat, but from what I've seen there's only a few gay guys on here. :(

AnonyMs: Actually, it is pretty evenly split. At least, the last time we took a poll.

tigerwolf: Doesn't seem like it :-/

It really is depressing though. Aw well.

rikter8: This post struck me odd, so here are my feelings:

There are many of us here that are gay, and it does even out.

Most of us dont refer to ourselves as "Queerer than a 3 dollar bill"

I myself am masculine, and not the effeminite male type or stereotypical image. - and there are many more on this board like me.

In addition, this group was formed with a goal. A supportive environment for people with similar interests and physical attributes to get together and share intelligent conversation, and share experiences.

This is NOT a M4M Meat market board.

I enjoy this board, and do not find any of it depressing.
There are many highly intelligent people here that I thoroughly enjoy chatting with, Gay AND Straight.

If I can meet good people on this board regardless of their sex orientation - I am a happy Man.

tigerwolf: Its not the fact that its not a meat market board. *lol* Though there are spots on here for that. Its the fact that there don't seem to be enough gay men on the board for me to relate to and chat with. *chuckle*

Sure there are a few guys on here that I've talked to that I'd love to do things with and such, but there are others that I've talked to and had totally meaningful conversations with that didn't involve sex, but simply about life and having a big dick and stuff like that.

I don't really find much of a bond with straight guys at all, in my opinion. *lol* I'm a massive flirt, and have a tendency to 'convert' people to the church of TigerWolf. ^_^ Personally, most times I'd rather talk with a gay guy about things like being hung and such, just because its easier for a guy of the same sexual orientation to understand, in my opinion. I'm a bit close minded about it, I guess, but that's my take.

pghcyclist: for me, this topic is a "Danger Will Robinson" type thread. I have to admit there are posts that make me :eek: and ::) . But the poster that said that this is a group for guys with particular attributes is correct.

I remember the first time I found out I was hung. I had sex with a woman who, well, behaved like other women. It took us three or four times before she could take me, and that's with lots of lube. And there are guys on this board that are way more hung than I am. Imagine what they go through.

OK, sex with women just didn't cut it for me. I prefer guys. I've come to terms with that. The comments that make me ::) aren't really that important in the larger scheme of things HERE.

So when I read a post that makes me want to scream, I'll just keep biting my tongue :-X .

We gay guys are here and if there is something you particularly want to talk about, go for it.

Scott

Phallostrates: I don't get that attitude. I'm sorry but I really don't. I'm gay. Gay as Quentin Crisp's window dressings. But that doesn't affect how I view people's posts here. If someone makes a valid point, his (or her) sexual orientation doesn't affect the validity. The spirit of LPSG is not a we vs. them scenario. It's important that it remain inclusive. I don't find it depressing that there are as many (or more) straight posters as gay here. The site was never meant to be a gay ghetto. And as you can read big dick issues are faced by gay, bi and straight folks. If you think LPSG is not gay friendly, think again. The site owner is gay and so is at least one of its illustrious moderators. I've talked with a few people via PM and they've said how glad they are that they can come here and not have to worry about gay-bashing. Broaden your mind, Tig. Don't relate to people here on a gay or straight level, but on a human level. You may find that you'll actually have better rapport with certain straight members than with certain gay members. I've found that to be the case.

rikter8: Its like Hair dressers in Michigan.

#1 rule - never, never go to a gay man hair dresser.

I was a flaming Q-tip for 3 weeks until I got my base to stabilize

Oy Vey!

ORCABOMBER: What exactly is the problem with the kind of people that are on here? I mean, I don't bother checking, or knowing the sexuality of 99% of the people here, it's not an issue as far as posting is concerned, yeah, I know what you mean when it comes to chatting, but I don't think "too straight" is a problem.

I do remember when there was an accusation that this place was "too gay", so only the lucky bi people here are losing out! :D

headbang8: [quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1066348440;start=0#0 date=10/16/03 at 16:45:00]I'm just curious. There seems to be WAY too many straight guys around here. Kinda depressing in a way. :p I know for one I'm queerer than a 3 dollar bill, or a football bat, but from what I've seen there's only a few gay guys on here. :([/quote]
Well given that gay men make up somewhere between 3% and 6% of the population, there's rather more than our fair share. It's the best odds you'll get outside the men's room at flight attendant's school.

BTW, I'm gay. See?

Javierdude22: [quote author=rikter8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1066348440;start=0#8 date=10/16/03 at 19:05:05]Its like Hair dressers in Michigan.

#1 rule - never, never go to a gay man hair dresser.

I was a flaming Q-tip for 3 weeks until I got my base to stabilize

Oy Vey!

[/quote]

:D That was really funny Rikter 8, i'm actually picturing a Q-tip at this point. Literally LOL-ing (laughing out loud) here :D

tigerwolf: [quote author=headbang8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1066348440;start=0#10 date=10/17/03 at 02:35:02]
Well given that gay men make up somewhere between 3% and 6% of the population, there's rather more than our fair share.   It's the best odds you'll get outside the men's room at flight attendant's school.  

BTW, I'm gay.   See?  [/quote]

Actually, gay men/bi men who lean more towards guys make up about 10% of the population. :)

AnonyMs: Weighing in on this topic again.

There was a time when as I read a post, I was acutely aware of the poster's sexual orientation. Now... not so much.

So the next time someone asks about the percentage of gay versus straight on the board, I'm just gonna point out while we may never know for sure the percentage based on defined sexual orientation, we know the board is 100% human and that is all that really matters.

headbang8: [quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1066348440;start=0#12 date=10/17/03 at 03:46:37]

Actually, gay men/bi men who lean more towards guys make up about 10% of the population. :)[/quote]
Nah. Myth perpetrated by McKinsey. Proposition 100 guys at random off the street and see how many knock you back.

tigerwolf: Trust me. Its a lot higher than 3-6%. I'm telling you from experience.

pghcyclist: Oh, the silly numbers games. First, define your terms. Is someone gay who self-identifies and readily admits they are gay? Or is someone gay who fantasizes about guy's dicks while they are screwing a woman? Depending on which definition you choose, you will get different numbers.

The Kinsey Study looked not only at self-identification, but also fantasy and came up with the 10% number. This is also the criteria used by most sex researchers -- not self-identification, but fantasy. It is a lot different that "propositioning guys on the street" and seeing how they react.

It doesn't matter if it's 1%, 10%, 30% or 99.9%. LGBT people deserve respect just like straight people do.

throb919: Tiger,

Let me add my voice to the Gay Men's Chorus saying "welcome!" I hope you'll find that there are "enough gay men on the board" for you to relate to. I'd also ask you to give the het-guys here a chance. While you've said "I don't really find much of a bond with straight guys at all, in my opinion" I think the guys around here just may be able to change that opinion--if you give 'em a chance. You also said "...most times I'd rather talk with a gay guy about things like being hung and such, just because its easier for a guy of the same sexual orientation to understand, in my opinion. I'm a bit close minded about it, I guess, but that's my take." It's a take we all get to for different reasons based on our different experiences; in "the real world" (with exceptions, of course) gay men and straight men don't have lots of truly open disussions about the things you mention. Discussing "being hung and such" is pretty charged and cross-orientational biases and prejudices get in the way. On both sides. But I'll ask that you not let your own preconceived ideas color (or even prevent) your relationships with the straight guys here at LPSG.

As Phallostratus suggests (among several good suggestions), us vs. them just doesn't apply here. Really. You're queerer than a 3-dollar bill? Great. We've got 5s and 10s and some of those brightly-colored new 20s; one of our members even makes his mortgage payment in 1s!

"There seem to be WAY too many straight guys around here. Kinda depressing in a way." Nah--it's pretty cool, actually. What's also pretty cool (to me) is that it's the gay guys all rallying 'round the straight guys in this thread. And I absolutely believe that if a straight guy had posted "There are WAY too many gay guys around here," it'd be our straight and bi brothers taking him to task. (Likewise, when misogyny reared its ugly head recently, it was the guys who spoke up--with the exception of one girly-thrown can of tuna; when a racist comment is made, it's usually a white guy who'll say "not here!"; when an American holiday rolls around, the Europeans/Canadians/Australians are the first well-wishers.)

You also say "I'm a massive flirt, and have a tendency to 'convert' people to the church of TigerWolf." They'll probably let you flirt a bit, Tig. But they're no more likely to be converted to your religion than you are to theirs. (If you want them to accept your homosexuality, you better be prepared to accept their heterosexuality. Give as good as you get, Tiger.)

Acknowledging you're "a bit close-minded" in this area is a great first step to opening it up. In the several months I've been here, I've participated in conversations I never could've imagined; I've been stirred by female-written erotica, gotten caught-up in a baseball rivalry, and learned way more about the cervix than I ever wanted to know. But you know what? I'm a better man for it. Not a better gay man, not a better straight man, not a better bi man--a better man.

Give it a chance, TigerWolf. You might just like it here.

Tony

7x6andchg: Rikter - Hairdressers in Michigan! LOL - Remind me to tell you a story sometime about a place in Washtenaw County.

As to topic -

Tiger - I don't think you're giving the straight males on the board much of a chance...I'm with Nony on this one...if one is open minded enough, it doesn't really matter anyway. I am proud to have men and women of all sexual orientations as my friends.

I also have no problem discussing issues of dick size, sex, etc. with anyone...sex for a gay man is the same expression of love and intimacy that it is for a straight man...so the chatting problem isn't a problem for me, as long as you don't mind questions...I figure we're on this Earth to learn...and the best way to learn, is to ask. That's what this board is for.

I'd echo Tony's sentiment...give us straight guys a chance..you'd be missing out if you don't, and we just might surprise you.

7x6&C

AnonyMs: And what about giving us women a chance as well? You did note that there are women who participate on this board, did you not?

Let's see:

owner of the board : gay
technical genius of the board: gay
Admin moderator: male, but I am not about to hazard a guess as to how he might define himself as he eschews most sex role definitions
Etc moderator: straight woman
Women's Issues moderator: bi woman who is also in a D/s relationship that many of us sigh with envy over the strength of its bond and level of deep commitment
Healthy Penis moderator: straight male
young and hung moderator: straight male
relationship moderator: straight male
meet and greet moderators: two males, one gay, one straight

so among this very small population, it is 4 straight males, three gay males, 1 straight woman, 1 bi woman and one man who has shared sexual experiences with both sexes.

But I bet if we went on down through every contributing member of the board, we would find pretty much the same ratio with the exception of the females...

so tigerwolf.. sweetie.. get over it... we do not have a problem with anyone's sexuality here as long as they leave incest and animals out of it... and there are some here who would even defend those choices....