How Many People are Actually 100% Straight or Gay?

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
LPSG is very forward thinking with it's option users to display percentages of how gay or straight they are. Good job LPSG, you did your HW in undergrad--read your queer theory--and are part of what I consider to be the open-minded modern world.

That being said, I've noticed a lot of people on here claim they are 100% straight 0% gay. Now I'm not trying to criticize those who identify this way. However, how many of these are true, and how many are a result of homophobia? Especially since it seems to me I see a lot more identifying as all straight than all gay.

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All straight here. I've talked about this before. Essentially, I'm totally cool with gays and bisexuals--do whatever the hell you like, whatever makes you happy as long as you're not hurting anybody else. Anyone who hates on people for their sexual orientation is likely a closet homosexual with repression and self-loathing issues.

The human ape is prone to an affliction called projection. Bisexual people assume that everyone else is bisexual, and homosexual people find it hard to fathom that men who identify as heterosexual could possibly not have some inchoate attraction towards other men.

Well, some of us are entirely straight--there is no gradient, that's just how we're designed, genetically, hormonally, whatever. The thought of having gay sex is aversive to us, just as many gay men feel revolted about the idea of having sex with a woman. That doesn't mean we're opposed to others doing it. Vive la differance.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Said it before and say it again, my belief is ..
LPSG % just gives an indication, if someone chooses to take it as gospel, well fools are they
Of course there MAY be those at 100% who are are fully genuinely so - all power to them.
I just accept it no sweat, an indication of preference.

I have 100% Gay as it was nearest to that when i joined, has fluctuated thruout my life ( never going over 50% str may i add ha ) and tbh i cant be fckd going in to changing it to , well more realistically maybe 80/40
WHO is actually going to read it, and think differently of me hahah.

All fun and games, and Fck the Kinsey report while i am at it, so often quoted and outdated as far as im concerned...Thats a simple common sense grading scale that is no better than lpsg % scale by my reckoning, yet some will come on and proclaim its the greatest thing ever, to describe Human Sexuality, Crap.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An absolute, literal 100%? Probably none, I don't think. But I think the majority's preferences are so close to 100% that it in all practicality it becomes it.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know why people want everyone to be gay. I am 100% straight and will remain that way because I will never have sex with a man.

Of course it depends how you work out your percentages but I am working mine out based on the number of heterosexual/homosexual encounters I have had.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
LPSG is very forward thinking with it's option users to display percentages of how gay or straight they are. Good job LPSG, you did your HW in undergrad--read your queer theory--and are part of what I consider to be the open-minded modern world.

That being said, I've noticed a lot of people on here claim they are 100% straight 0% gay. Now I'm not trying to criticize those who identify this way. However, how many of these are true, and how many are a result of homophobia? Especially since it seems to me I see a lot more identifying as all straight than all gay.

To answer the thread's title question:

In reality, no one.

Sexuality is amorphous. It would be unwise to think that one can predict how they will react or feel sexually toward every single male and female on the planet they come across for the rest of their lifetime.

The comparison that I like to use is sexuality is like a slider scale. Some people are more towards one side or somewhere in the middle, rather than being completely to one side.

I'm basing the slider scale example off of people's "true" feelings (which is not always what they will display or admit). If a person has made up their mind that they will never pursue sex with "X" gender, then that is more of a choice then the result of true sexual feelings.

Never say never.

All straight here. I've talked about this before. Essentially, I'm totally cool with gays and bisexuals--do whatever the hell you like, whatever makes you happy as long as you're not hurting anybody else. Anyone who hates on people for their sexual orientation is likely a closet homosexual with repression and self-loathing issues.

The human ape is prone to an affliction called projection. Bisexual people assume that everyone else is bisexual, and homosexual people find it hard to fathom that men who identify as heterosexual could possibly not have some inchoate attraction towards other men.

Well, some of us are entirely straight--there is no gradient, that's just how we're designed, genetically, hormonally, whatever. The thought of having gay sex is aversive to us, just as many gay men feel revolted about the idea of having sex with a woman. That doesn't mean we're opposed to others doing it. Vive la differance.

The part I bolded is utter bullshit. Actually, your whole post is bullshit. "Straight" people (which I do not believe you really are anyway) always assume they are God's gift to the Earth with their holier than thou attitude. You are the closeted person you are talking about (albeit, in the "I don't hate bi or gay people I swear, but my way is right, they are wrong and I'm perfect" way), which is why you have to keep reassuring us that you're straight. You'll have to let us know how your repression and self-loathing issues are going.

Matter of fact, you're probably so "straight" that you get your chick taken by other "straight" guys all the time. Please teach us all how to be so manly like you! :rolleyes:

Quit projecting your crap on the rest of us. Vive la douche.

Last edited:

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm in agreement with the OP's accolades to LPSG for offering the percentage option as opposed to simply straight, bi and gay. But, of course, each individual's declaration of their percentage will be flavored by their own subjective view of what straight and gay mean. I for one have been all over the map in my selection of percentages during the 4+ years that I've been a member. Well, not exactly ALL over the map as I've always declared more than 50% straight and less than 50% gay. But I've been everything from 99/1 to 60/40 and now prefer "unsure" simply because there's no way I can be sure what gay and straight mean to the person who is viewing my profile.

I also agree with AlphaMale that sexuality is amorphous. It is also very complex and the combination of those two create quite the enigma. For my own purposes I would find it even better if we could specify two sets of straight/gay sexuality percentages, one for the physical act of sex and one for emotional attachment. If that were an option then I would declare 50/50 physical sexuality and 100% straight emotional sexuality.

So, yes, sexuality is an amorphous, complex, enigmatic thing. It is also a pleasant thing to ponder.

Wonderful answers by all of the above!!
Especially Miscer, although we are human and not ape.
By that , I mean that we are a separate branch from apes, we do share a common ancestor!

You're 100% correct, perhaps a better choice of words would have been primate instead of ape.

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am

I have no desire to be with another man or have any type of homosexual experience. Men just don't do it for me.

Anyway I think this question is retarded considering how homosexuality is never questioned.

D_Judith K Rantz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some people simply have no interest in the same sex (same goes for opposite sex attraction in others). I actually believe that. Myself? I've kissed a girl and I liked it... :wink:

Last edited:

flawdatiger

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The part I bolded is utter bullshit. Actually, your whole post is bullshit. "Straight" people (which I do not believe you really are anyway) always assume they are God's gift to the Earth with their holier than thou attitude. You are the closeted person you are talking about (albeit, in the "I don't hate bi or gay people I swear, but my way is right, they are wrong and I'm perfect" way), which is why you have to keep reassuring us that you're straight. You'll have to let us know how your repression and self-loathing issues are going.

Matter of fact, you're probably so "straight" that you get your chick taken by other "straight" guys all the time. Please teach us all how to be so manly like you! :rolleyes:

Quit projecting your crap on the rest of us. Vive la douche.

How was your response to him not proving his point? He's not incorrect in saying that lots of gay people like to project homosexuality on everyone, including celebrities. I dunno if that response was stemming from a personal feud with that guy, but I wanted to point this out since you are usually pretty level-headed in your posts.