How many people are on your ignore list?

How many people are currently on your ignore list?

• Fewer than Zero

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • Zero

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • One

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Two to Five

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Six to Ten

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Eleven to Twenty-Five

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Twenty-Six to Fifty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fifty-One to Two Hundred and Fifty

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Two Hundred and Fifty-One to One Million

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I ignore everyone here

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only ignored that homophobe that got banned a few weeks ago (I even announced it in his thread, which has been removed). But he keeps returning under new names, so I don't bother anymore. I suppose I was thinking he might start PMing all the gays, and reacted.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
don't act like we owe everyone our attention nomatter who they are or how rude or intrusive they behave- that's just ridiculous.

Exactly. I come to this site to have fun. That means, among other things, reading posts from people with intelligent ideas who can articulate these ideas in a comprehensible and reasonably polite manner. If it stops being fun, I'll stop coming here.

I am frequently amazed that people can often put forth really poor arguments for something, and they pass as acceptable- especially in THIS forum, Etc, which had traditionally been reserved for more critical posting.
There was a time when almost ANYTHING posted in this forum would be challenged by almost everybody, and I think we've gotten so lax about this that it's become a haven for the undead, I'm not even slightly kidding.
Let's sharpen our skills folks, or this will be just another site among millions where stupidity is praised and reality is shunned.

It's often hard to distinguish between an opinion that is well thought out but poorly articulated, and an opinion that is both poorly articulated and unthinking. I'm fine with the former (although it is more work for me), but not with the latter.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There was a time when almost ANYTHING posted in this forum would be challenged by almost everybody, and I think we've gotten so lax about this that it's become a haven for the undead, I'm not even slightly kidding.

About 18 months back as I recall. These days I find it much harder to raise the enthusiasm to make a real effort to articulate my thoughts. I tend to bash them out as they come to me, sometimes it works sometimes not but the joy has abated for sure.

Let's sharpen our skills folks, or this will be just another site among millions where stupidity is praised and reality is shunned.

These days it seems people are more likely to be sharpening sticks than skills. It's hard to pin down when that dynamic changed but around this time in 2006 seems about when the rot well and truly set in. The '06 LPSG summer of rage, hysteria and a generous dollop of petulant whining as I recall.

I think it's far better now than it was then, new blood and all (dimwits aside) but still under par for what the 20-30 longer term posters are capable of, myself included.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I forgot I had an ignore list, I hadn't looked at it in months. There are 4 people on my ignore list and 3 have since been banned. :tongue:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I have no buddies. I have no ignores. I have no PM nor do I have email. ;-)

But I just may have to put myself on ignore. I can't stand to read what I posted and realize how inadequate it can be at times. Makes me feel like lurking.

[I also tend to delete my subscriptions. ]

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I decided that someone had to go on the ignore list again today... not the same person as before, but someone whose posts seem to add nothing to the discussion and simply waste time when read.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
lol... Arliss you are not (at least not YET) on my ignore list, and Jeff B... dude, choosing Tom (especially with such a sultry look) for your avatar probably means that I could never ignore you!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How many is fewer than zero?

I currently have nobody on my ignore list. If not for the moderators here and the good work they do, there'd probably be at least one. The site I'm at where I currently have to put up with this idiot's crap sadly doesn't have an ignore feature. You'd really have to be pretty extremely obnoxious to deserve my blocking you. I'm talking about superhuman levels. I didn't even block JQBlonde when he was still around. Generally I'm pretty good about ignoring people myself without the aid of computer software.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts messages about sensitive topics constructed to cause controversy in an online community

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't have anyone on my ignore list. But I do very much dislike one person in particular right now. He is just a smarmy, rude, know-it-all.

I did have another problem with another peron on here, but they did not reply to my last post about them. ( I think they realized what they did was wrong) and I have no hard feelings about that person. I am not a vindictive person.