how many people don't drink?

AdaramC

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I ask this question because I really interested in it. I have never drank nor smoked before ever. It's more of a choice really, I don't have a problem with it but if given then option, I would prefer to avoid the scene all together. The bar/club scene that is, cause its likely that if you go to one, you'll probably find people doing both.

I know it might be unrealistic but I would really like to meet a guy that doesn't smoke or drink. I'm a college guy so that already rules out like 99% of them. It's not an end all if the guy does do either or both of them, it's just like icing on the cake if they don't. My friends tell me that I will probably never find a guy that doesn't enjoy drinking, I tell them, that hopefully one day my dream will come true haha. Anyways, I just had to know, is there a guy or even a girl, that is 21 or older and has never drank or smoked?

jpk338

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think your percentage rate is too high. i have been sober for 31 yrs and was amazed at the number of people that don't drink. you will find someone , just give yourself some time. what are your hobbies and things you care about, then maybe you can volunteer. there are always options out there to meet people.
i myself volunteered at our local county garden, as i like plants and landscaping. we just have to put on our thinking caps. good luck on your endeavours. there are tons of guys out there that don't drink or smoke. and you will find one .:smile:

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thisnk thahjt the bests sjkw.....

Sorry, I'm dRunKK

JK. Yeah JPK is right theres people out there who dont drink or do any type of drugs.

The post made me think of Penn Gillette (of Penn & Teller) who claims he has never drank or done any drugs in his entire life. Which for a professional entertainer who lives in Vegas (and holds no fear of godly reprecussions) is pretty impressive

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't drink and I don't smoke but I tried them both when I was younger. There is such a culture of drinking in Australia that non-drinkers do get stigmatized a bit. I don't have any particular reason for not drinking, I just don't like the taste of any alcoholic drinks. I am willing to try any alcoholic beverages at least once, but I find I don't like any of them.

It does make meeting people difficult. Where I live, the only real social places are bars. Being a non-drinker, bars are quite dull places to hang out. I get bored and end up playing the slot machines which I'd rather avoid because I end up losing all my money on them. Being bored and flat broke is no fun.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TheBoyfriend never smoked or drank until he was out of college. He graduated in 3 years, he paid for college himself, and graduated without any debt. Impressive, huh?

Since we've been together, I believe he may have made up for that time. I've thoroughly corrupted him, as well as I can. :tongue:

He's actually drinking a scotch and water right now.

D_Tanya_Hardon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't drink, smoke, or use drugs, but I used to. I've been without the drinking and the drugs for almost six years, and the smoking, about six months.

Dragon88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Don't smoke, don't do drugs and rarely drink. A few glasses of wine a year seems to be plenty for me. I come from a family full of notorious drunks and I've chosen not to follow in their footsteps.

I have the same type of family. People in my family drink almost EVERY day. I know what alcohol can do to you, so I stay away from it.

And since I live in Norway, a lot of people react when I tell them that I don't drink. Almost everyone in Norway drink alcohol regularly, so sometimes I feel like an alien. Through my entire 22 year life, I've only met FOUR people that doesn't drink, which says a lot about the alcohol culture here.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Hi AdaramC....
I also think your percentages are too high...even with the younger college set.

Re smoking......
I can remember when almost everyone smoked...and it was done
everywhere. Non-smokers were the minority and if they complained...the smokers would even start fights and curse at
the non-smokers. Now the majority are non-smokers and the
cursing is from the other side...:biggrin:

It may be different in Grand Rapids, but in NYC (and most places
I have travelled to), public places and transportation is smoke
free...bars, restaurants, offices, theaters, etc. and even most
public areas in apartment buildings...are smoke-free by law. There is even a movement to ban smoking on the streets and in
public parks, but I think that will take some more time to happen.
But, it is well on the way.

I do not know of any gay bar in NYC that allows smoking.....

Re Drinking.....
That is a different question. I know it goes on in a lot at
colleges and universities, but you don't have to be a Lemming and drink just because others do. Drink a soft drink or a
seltzer (ugh!) or ginger ale with a lemon slice. There is also non-
alchohol beer.....or...:rofl:...sasparilla or milk...like the old time
teetotaler cowboys drank....

I used to smoke and drink...started it when I went into the Navy,
continued through university...but stopped becuase it was ruining my health. Haven't touched the stuff in years....now I
am one of the majority!!! :biggrin: and I love it! I drink a lot of
ginger ale...

There are plenty of non-smoking and non-drinking guys out there and there will be more in the future...don't be impatient. You are
young and handsome with a great smile. There will be plenty out
there that will be happy to find you...one who does not smell of
stale tobacco or have sour or bad breath from drinking.
Lucky them...Lucky you...:yup:

Last edited: