How many people would come to your funeral if you died today?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know. But does it matter? I'm dead, so what would I care?

If no one showed up to your funeral it would mean you didn't touch many people in this lifetime which is a very sad commentary on you.

It would mean no one around cared if you were alive or dead - that no one missed you or cared enough to say goodbye.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
If no one showed up to your funeral it would mean you didn't touch many people in this lifetime which is a very sad commentary on you.

It would mean no one around cared if you were alive or dead - that no one missed you or cared enough to say goodbye.

Maybe it means the person was so wounded inside they didn't let people get close to them. Sometimes, I joke with peeps on here, and they take it the wrong way and push away. I have no desire to have sex with anyone on here, and don't fantasize about anybody on here.

Now, some peeps on here consider me their friend, and they emailed me about my recent surgery. I try to befriend the friendless if I can. Maybe that's what we need to do. You never know what change you could make in their life. Maybe, that would free them from their pain.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe it means the person was so wounded inside they didn't let people get close to them. Sometimes, I joke with peeps on here, and they take it the wrong way and push away. I have no desire to have sex with anyone on here, and don't fantasize about anybody on here.

Now, some peeps on here consider me their friend, and they emailed me about my recent surgery. I try to befriend the friendless if I can. Maybe that's what we need to do. You never know what change you could make in their life. Maybe, that would free them from their pain.

Is there a veiled message in there someplace?

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
I think about this a fair bit actually, but have no idea how many would come.

It's my personal belief that "heaven" or "hell" is the impact one has on others, the good or bad that lives on within them as a result of your being in their lives.

Would love it if a fair number of folks showed, but my life is pretty solitary these days so probably wouldn't be that many. Hmm...

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Early-baby, you ask the damned-est questions! :eek:

Ten or 15 years ago, hundreds of people would have showed up at my funeral. But I didn't die, so I didn't have a funeral -- and then I left that phase of my life behind.

Now, faaaaaaaar too few people would show up.

But I have plans.

And the Big Bus better not catch me until I've made a large-enough mark on this planet to warrant a RIP-roaring FUNeral. (Double meanings intended)

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I think about this a fair bit actually, but have no idea how many would come.

It's my personal belief that "heaven" or "hell" is the impact one has on others, the good or bad that lives on within them as a result of your being in their lives.

Would love it if a fair number of folks showed, but my life is pretty solitary these days so probably wouldn't be that many. Hmm...

I would just like for my passing to be peacefully with as little suffering as is possible. After I'm gone, I no control over what they do with my remains. Maybe we could have you nude in a glass casket on your side. That way everybody could walk fully around and say, "Wow! Nice one!" :wink:

Hugh Mann

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
None. I'm leaving explicit instructions that I do not wish to have a funeral of any sort. If, by then, my friends are still around, they're welcome to gather at a bar and drink to all the awesome times we had.

I think there would be quite a few, all family. All my friends live quite a distance away.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would rather they didn't have one. I would rather that no money would be spent if thats even possible. I wonder if you made your way out into the woods somewhere and died if they'd still spend the money to bury your old rotting remains. How can ashes to ashes dust to dust happen if your locked up in a wood box, put in a concrete box then buried like some damn time capsule.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't want a funeral. I've been to the first funeral ever in my life, like, two weeks ago and I realised that I didn't want that for my family.

After all, I would be an empty frame laying there, motionless, while people cry and mourn around me. I don't even want to be buried, let alone get my ashes back home (that would be TOO creepy for me). I'd rather they just throw the ashes in the nearest sewer and voilà! I'm not anywhere anymore! I prefer my family to think that I'll be always with them, that six feet under in a random cementery for ever.