How many races of people do you think there are?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think there are only three. Caucasion, African and Asian. I think everyone else is a combination of either 2 or 3 of these.

Do you agree or disagree?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
there is only one race--the human race.....there are many ethnicities

Actually you are wrong. Humans are not a race they are a SPECIES. Within this species you find different races of people.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Actually you are wrong. Humans are not a race they are a SPECIES. Within this species you find different races of people.

I did not mean to affend anyone. But I had a conversation about this with an aquaintance and he said there are black, white, yellow and red. He thought that the Native Americans (sometimes called American Indians) were a separate race. But I explained they are of Asian decent and walked to North America via a land bridge between Russia and Alaska. that is why they have straight black hair and somewhat Asian eyes. Of course over the centuries people in isolated groups change.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

I think that is a really good point. :smile: I do, however, think that there are far more "races" and the possibilites are infinite. I believe that everytime someone procreates with someone else, unless they have descended from a line of purely one race, they are creating someone unique and special.

In the end we are the same, with unique differences that make us special.

DarkPhantom

Experimental Member
Media
I think that is a really good point. :smile: I do, however, think that there are far more "races" and the possibilites are infinite. I believe that everytime someone procreates with someone else, unless they have descended from a line of purely one race, they are creating someone unique and special.

In the end we are the same, with unique differences that make us special.

What she said.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think we all originated form one race in Africa, and if we don't kill ouselves we will all be one race in the future.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

the wiki article is better. it at least attempts to explain the scientific, cultural, and social aspects of the perception of race in humans. there's a lot of controversy about this topic, and anyone that is truly interested in it would benefit from at least reading the wiki article so they could have a general idea of the thought processes surrounding the term by people who study the notion of race in various fields.

we can all have an opinion, but educated ones are far more interesting to debate about.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

The word race has been discredited by almost all sociologists. There's simply no such thing.

What there are are innumerable ethnic and cultural divisions. Some of the blackest people I've known come from India. According to you, that means they're from the black race.

Using color to segregate people is totally useless and has no place in modern sociology.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Race is a social construct. There are as many as you say there are. Someone saying that there is only one race has just as valid an opinion as someone saying there are three. Actually the person saying there is one would have an easier time backing up their position.

What would that one race be? Human is not a race it is a species. If there are more that 3 name them.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The word race has been discredited by almost all sociologists. There's simply no such thing.

What there are are innumerable ethnic and cultural divisions. Some of the blackest people I've known come from India. According to you, that means they're from the black race.

Using color to segregate people is totally useless and has no place in modern sociology.

No, but it proves my point that they are part black, part white and part Asian.