How many sex partners have you had?

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i think that as long as you don't go around bragging about it, it's not really a big deal. it's only an issue when you decide to make it one.

that's what i mean, yeah.

but ... what is this thread for? why are we talking about that?

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess people shouldn't be proud of having 100s of sex partner !!
IMHO it's a shame ...
I don't think it's a compiment to be a slut ...

I guess I'm one of the people who you're referring to. But I don't agree with your characterization of somebody who's had a fairly high number of sexual partners. Let me explain.

I prefer stable, loving, relationships. And for the most part, they've been monogamous--with the few exceptions where there was an agreed acceptance of some degree of openess to the relationship (way too complicated to go into here).

But when I haven't had the pleasure of being involved with somebody who I love, and the opportunity has come up where I could have some fun in bed with somebody, enjoying pleasuring her and being pleasured by her, I haven't cringed from those opportunities either. And those opportunities do come up with suprising frequency.

Perhaps I am not picky enough with my partners, but if a woman is funny, has a good brain on her shoulders, and (to be somewhat shallow here) is pretty in her own way--and there are many ways in which women can be physically attractive--AND it is clear that there's a mutual sexual attraction between us, I have no problem sharing my bed, or sofa, or kitchen counter top for a night. And yes, many do wind up being just one night. Many wind up becoming some sort of ongoing relationship. Some have wound up becoming genuine love affairs. But being in love has never been a requirement for me before I'd share pleasures with a woman. And I've never lead any woman on with thinking it was anything else, when it wasn't.

And yes, I'm proud of that behavior. But not because I need my ego stroked from the notches on my bedpost, but because I know I've enjoyed many memorable evenings with all sorts of wonderful women (OK, some which I foun out weren't totally "wonderful") and provided those women with equally pleasant memories.

So, if you must, call me a "slut," but I won't feel the same shame which you think I should feel about that nomination.

rickyfitz12

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Funny how someone who has sex a thousand times in a year is OK as long as it's with one or two partners, yet someone who might only have sex 30 times in a year is a slut because it was with several partners..lol

Reactions: Eric2450

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Back when I grew up and became sexually active the "sexual revolution" was in full swing. Not all young people were promiscuous, but many were. That was also before HIV was known and many women were taking oral contraceptive agents or had IUD implants, so there weren't as many concerns about deadly STDs or accidental pregnancy.

I was actually pretty straight-laced and turned down a fair number of women who came on to me, or outright propositioned me, when they really didn't do anything for me at any level. Most young people in high school and college were really not looking for a soul mate to settle down with on a permanent basis, and wanted to sample a few of the wares, so to speak. This applied to both men and women.

I have had fairly long-term relationships with about 6 women that lasted longer than 6 months or so. Some I might have married if it hadn't been for certain life circumstances that made that impractical. The woman I did marry I know has had twice as many partners as I have (30+) at least, and I had other lovers who had been with 2 or 3 times that number. They really didn't seem "slutty" to me although by their late 20s most had "settled down" a bit and were considerably less promiscuous than they had been in their teens and early twenties.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just out of curiosity, how the hell do some of you guys keep count? You must keep a running log, or something.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I think it's easy for someone like me to keep track of it at this point, where I have sex only with partners whom I've been with for a while, and where I've had sex with them only once or twice during our relationship... Not to mention that I'm barely 19 years old and I'm sure the numbers will stack up later in life.

I'm not old enough to be in a bar in the states, so I can't say that I can pick up a girl and have a one-night-stand with her (not that I would, I'll explain later in my post), but I've been to a few college parties and met some girls and have never hooked up with them - I don't want drunk sex, I want the occasion to actually mean something to the both of us, which is probably why my experience (or lack thereof, technically) is so limited. I just think that sex should revolve around a relationship, not the other way around... Am I too young to think like this?

Touch_here

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's a shame if people are proud of having 1000s of sex partner.
The fact itself is ... hmmm ... might be ok ...

Yeah, when you get into the 1000's, you're officially a human petri dish.

10,000's, I'll call you "Wilt Jr." :p

Personally, I'm somewhere around 22-23 over the last 10 years.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perfect 90% gay 10% straight - just like your profile says :smile:

You're thinking of 36 and 4. 40 and 4 would 91% and 9%, roughly.

There is always someone here checking the math.
There should be math checker like spell checker to catch me before I post
:tongue:

I don't really know for sure: Over 40 guys and 4 girls.

OK MrToolhung.
You have seen Rob_just_Rob's calculations.
Go fuck 5 guys and 1 girl and get those numbers straightened out. :rolleyes:
We'll give you a couple of days...

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just out of curiosity, how the hell do some of you guys keep count? You must keep a running log, or something.

I never really did until I re-hooked up with an old ex several years back. We got on the subject of sex partners since we broke up, and I said I wsn't sure of how many girls i had slept with during those years, so, jokingly, in bed, we began to count up all the women who i had ever fucked. After really scratching my memory (a lot of the ladies were bar room pick-ups, so my memory was quite strained with some), we counted 97. It really shocked me because i didn't realize that the number was so high--I thought maybe 50, before counting all of them. That was well over a decade ago, but since then I was always aware of which number I was with, at least in the back of my head; not like a pride sort of thing, just one of rthose somethings which pops up in your head whether you like it or not.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have about one sixth that many and I have trouble remembering some.

But then, I probably have Alzheimer's.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is always someone here checking the math.
There should be math checker like spell checker to catch me before I post
:tongue:

OK MrToolhung.
You have seen Rob_just_Rob's calculations.
Go fuck 5 guys and 1 girl and get those numbers straightened out. :rolleyes:
We'll give you a couple of days...

I can go fuck 5 guys that is for sure but not sure if I would really want to do a girl at this point. The right one would have to come along! :redface: