How many siblings do you have?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my immediate family I have an older sister from my mom's first marriage and a younger sister who shares the same father as me. My dad also has 2 sons from his previous marriage. I grew up with my sisters but my brothers lived with their mom. I saw them a few times as a kid then we lost contact for about a decade. I still haven't gotten in touch with the oldest one but I got back in touch with the younger one when my sister had her wedding in March, I got his number and we've spoken sporadically since. I think (in SOME cases) family is important so I wanna stay in contact with him. He and I are surprisingly alike, both stubborn and anti-social and we like weird music. In my gallery he's the one in the pic where we're both holding up drinks. I love my sisters but my life would've been easier if my parents had one child to support instead of three (my dad never really supported his sons). I'd have no problem gettin' funds for college if it was just me. Anywho, do you have siblings or were you an only child?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm the youngest...definite advantages here!:biggrin1:
but there are also a few disadvantages...:frown1:

My younger sister would say the same. She got EVERYTHING she wanted and she never got in trouble, but no matter how old she gets (21 now) people still refer to her as "the baby."

2 brothers. One older. One younger.

Really? That's kinda surprising, you don't seem to have middle-child syndrome. How did you survive being a middle child and coming out normal?

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I am the third oldest of seven---first a girl, then five boys, then another girl who is 18 years younger than her sister. Parents were protestants, too.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My younger sister would say the same. She got EVERYTHING she wanted and she never got in trouble, but no matter how old she gets (21 now) people still refer to her as "the baby."

exactly!

more advantages:
I had my own room...

I was so far under my parents' radar, I could have gotten away with murder...I didn't even have a curfew! LOL

I almost ALWAYS got my way...

I never had as many chores as my older sibs...

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
exactly!

more advantages:
I had my own room...

I was so far under my parents' radar, I could have gotten away with murder...I didn't even have a curfew! LOL

I almost ALWAYS got my way...

I never had as many chores as my older sibs...

That's how it was with my younger sister. She would hit me and I would get a whoopin'. She never had to help clean up and at 18 my parents were more strict about my curfew than they were about hers at 16.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Really? That's kinda surprising, you don't seem to have middle-child syndrome. How did you survive being a middle child and coming out normal?
Its interesting. I am very different from my two brothers in every way. I think knowing i was differrent helped me survive and i had a great childhood.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's how it was with my younger sister. She would hit me and I would get a whoopin'. She never had to help clean up and at 18 my parents were more strict about my curfew than they were about hers at 16.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love being the last born...

but to make you feel better, here are some disadvantages:

at times it felt like I had 6 parents...

there were certain things I wasn't allowed to do because the older ones messed it up for me...(ex. I couldn't take karate lessons because my sibs quit whatever lessons they had - piano, art, dance)

the youngest is NEVER taken seriously...your opinion doesn't count bcuz you're the youngest!

D_Keziah Binbanger

Experimental Member
Media
I have a younger sister and she's more like a friend to me than a sister...it's even better than a friend because we have a link that will always exist no matter what happens. Ok, she can get on my nerves like nobody else, sometimes I would sell her for half a penny but I still love her very much and don't really want to exchange her fo anything in the world. Family is precious...you understand that when you lose it...or part of it...

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have an older sister and it's odd how we were born of the same parents as we are very different in both looks and disposition - must have gotten the opposite strands of DNA.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am fourth of five. I have (had) two of each - two older sisters and one older and younger brother. My older brother (the eldest of all of us) was murdered 25 years ago. So now there are four of us left... :frown1: