How many STDs have you had in your lifetime

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
HPV = Human Papilloma Virus. Causes benign tumors on the genitals, or wherever else it entered.

Oh, as a rule, these diseases which rearrange the anatomy of their entry point increase the risk of HIV and viral hepatitis infection, even more reason to get tested regularly.

I think the entire sexually-transmitted group can fall into a few categories, most of them potentially vertically-transmitted as well:

Blood diseases -- AIDS, hepatitis, etc. While any penetration can cause these, they love anal. Blood and semen are popular vectors for these. You can also get them via vertical transmission or from blood transfusions, organ transplants, or sharing syringes.
Blistering diseases -- syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, etc. Not just bliters, but these basically rearrange the anatomy of their point of entry in order to facilitate their spread. You can actually get these by kissing, if the other person contracted it via their mouth.
Others -- These are ones like crabs, which don't follow either pattern. In the case of crabs, condoms do nothing, and you can get them via nonsexual means. (I actually knew a girl with crabs in her eyebrows when I was ten.)

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
In simple terms - HPV is warts...My friend found out he had it when he noticed a bump on the shaft of his penis...He said he thought it was an ingrown hair or something - but got tested since he knew he had been pretty promiscious...He said it hurt like hell when he got it frozen off and he couldn't have sex for like 2 wks I think and has to take medication every day...Sucks...

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really believe "Crabs" should be classified as an STD, because it is not really a disease, and for certain individuals is often non-sexually transmitted. It is an insect infestation on the hair outside the body, and is usually treated not with medication, but with insecticidal shampoo or cream (Pyrethrins/piperonyl shampoo over the counter; Kwell, etc. by prescription). (There are, however, some internally-taken compounds which will kill them, but these are not commonly used.) If your dog has fleas, you don't usually say he has a disease, but rather needs a flea bath. Similarly, if a human has crabs, I'm not sure it should be considered a disease in the same class as infectious STD's, or other parasitic infestations, which do internal things in the body. Someone mentioned "jock-itch," which is a fungal infection. Given the choice, I'd personally feel better about crabs, but not much. The lice are not killed by washing, etc, so hygene or lack thereof is not a factor. Crabs are the smallest of the several forms of lice which infest human hair. They prefer softer hair in dark, moist locations, and therefore will not usually migrate to the scalp, although they sometimes do lodge in eyebrows and beards. The lice grab onto a hair shaft at the point where it meets the skin, and periodically bite at the base of the hair to obtain nourishment. On many people, this causes intense itching, and the major medical complication of crabs is self-inflicted injury from excessive scratching. They then lay their eggs glued to the hair shaft in a little ball called a nit. Note that the whole of this is external to the body, except for the biting. From what I've read, the nature of the lice's fluids present when biting make it unlikely that infection will occur at the bite site.

On most people, only the genital region has enough suitable hair to support them, so the infestation, if transmitted by sexual contact, generally stays in the crotch. However, for men with lots of fine body hair, they tend to migrate all over the body. (Crab lice are much smaller than typical body lice, look different, and can be easily differentiated from a normal body lice infestation.) The chest is a prime target, but men with very hairy arms or sometimes legs can support them there as well. As such, very hairy men can spread crabs by upper body contact. My observation is that the little things actually prefer the chest/arm region over the crotch if the host is very shaggy.

Getting rid of Crabs is simple, but you need to follow certain procedures carefully, particularly if using over the counter products and if you are very hairly. The OTC products kill the live lice, but do not kill the eggs. The instructions often talk about mechanically removing the eggs by combing, but this is more or less impossible if your body is very hairly all over. Therefore, you have to treat yourself once, then retreat after waiting a period of time longer than the gestation period of the eggs, but shorter than it takes the hatchlings to reach sexual maturity, so that the next batch hatches, but are not yet able to lay more eggs. This period is about 3 days, but the most effective course is to use two follow-up treatments after the initial one, each spaced two days. Becasue the eggs can lodge in clothing and bedding, it is important to change and wash these items with each treatment. It takes very hot water to destroy the eggs in washing, so the safest bet is just to not reuse a potentially contaminated item for about 10 days. Kwell and certain other prescription remedies will destroy the eggs, so they work in one treatment, but the precautions in handling clothing and bedding are still necessary to avoid reinfestation. In either case, if you are furry, you must treat your entire body, not just the groin, even if that is where the problem seems to be limited to. If you have a partner, you should synchronize treatments. The OTC shampoos, when sold in the USA, say to apply them for not more than 10 minutes, in accordance with FDA guidelines. However, I note that the exact same formulations, when sold in certain other countries, have instructions saying to leave them on for 30 to 60 minutes. You can guess which is more effective.

By this time, you've probably guessed that I've had them, and more than once. The first time, it horrified me, and I felt really dirty. Then I came to learn more about it, and found that men with a similar degree of fur, particularly those who assoicate with other such men, run into this from time to time. I remember once being really embarassed to tell a boyfriend that I discovered I was infested (from a third party), and to my relief, he just laughed-- of all the things I could have picked up, he was happy it was just lice, and remarked that he was so smooth he didn't think he was at any risk. I have only had it once in the pubic region. (That was the first time, and since then I've declined blowjobs from men with extreme beards.) The other times, it has spread between upper bodies, and even in cases where we never had actual sex, but just a furry cuddle with our pants still buttoned.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Ericbear - yeah I only had them once and agree that should not be classified as a STD...Like I said I didn't know what they were for a week and thought it was a case of jock itch since I work out...And they would burn and itch like hell especially at night...The shampoo helped but does not get rid of the eggs that well and they were back a couple of days later...I actually had to shave my genital area clean to get rid of them and wash my sheets in hot water everyday till they were gone...Actually I think I got them from a friend who I let hook up w/this girl in my bed...And I felt really dirty after I figured out what they were - I actually didn't know what they were until I kind of really looked down there and noticed the little flakes I thought was from chaffing or jock itch moving...I was headed to the gym at the time turned around and went straight to the drug store disguisted...Still to this day - I may have only discussed it w/a couple of friends...

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay, I am about to get really quite personal here. I've left out a few graphic details but I got gonorrhea from a guy who raped me. It was the only STD I have ever had. I got it from a so called "friend." Several of us were over at his apartment in Chelsea and we were drinking quite a bit. As people started to disperse he continued to give me glasses of "water," which was really vodka, a game I found out that he had been playing all night long, I even think that he slipped me a pill too. Anyway, I tried to catch a cab back uptown but he refused and insisted that I sleep at his apartment. I had every intention of sleeping on the sofa but he insisted that I sleep in the bed with him. I don't remember much after that but I do remember coming to and some point and he had my hands and legs tied and he was riding my cock. I felt paralyzed. I couldn't speak, or move or even mentally really grasp what was going on. I woke up late the next morning and put my clothes on and headed home, it was until later that I started putting together what had occurred the night before. Anyway, to make a long story short, a few days passed and I realized that something was going on down there that shouldn't be going on. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with gonorrhea. I took a couple pills and it was gone very quickly. I approached a mutual friend of ours about what I thought had happened and she thought it was crazy. However, the guy came up to me and apologized for what had happened. He also filled me in as to what all had happened. He said that he didn't know what had come over him but that he had to fuck me regardless if I wanted to fuck him or not. He was obviously a bit disturbed and I never saw or spoke to him again.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry Jeep - that sucks...I don't know how I would react if that happened to me...Glad you got everything fixed though...I personally don't think I could take advantage or drug anyone - I don't care how much I wanted them - and you are right - he was a little disturbed...But you are a pretty hot guy and I am sure he couldn't control himself - but that was not an excuse...Stay safe...

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have had no STD's (or crabs) and intend on staying that way too!

99.9% of the intercourse I've had has been with condoms. Initially for protection against everything and then ongoing as a form of birth control. When my then girfriend started using a diaphram, we stopped using condoms, but always went back to them if she forgot it. I've only used the withdrawal method 3-4 times in my life, and only because we were so horny that we just had to have sex, and just oral wasn't good enough. The only time I've had unprotected intercourse where I came inside her was 'makeup sex' with a then girlfriend. She was at the very end of her period, I was willing to pull out, but she wanted to feel me cum inside her.

On the other hand, 99.9% of the oral sex I've received has been without protection.
I know there is still a danger of catching something this way, which is why the vast majority of unprotected oral was within steady relationships. I've never used any form of protection when going down on a woman. Again, I know there is some risk there, but if she is honest about her STD history, then we have nothing to worry about.

LapDog :p

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Jeep,

You are guite a man. To come and tell us what happened takes so much courage. I had it that you had to go thorugh all of that. Emotionally, you don't seem to hve any after effects, but inside, I am sure you will always have some emotional "scar tissue" from that episode.

We love you Jeep. My admiration for you went up not down when you told your story. I am just thankful you don't have any physical problems coming from that experience.

Freddie

:wub:

Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Feb 14 2005, 05:36 PM
Okay, I am about to get really quite personal here. I've left out a few graphic details but I got gonorrhea from a guy who raped me............ He said that he didn't know what had come over him but that he had to fuck me regardless if I wanted to fuck him or not. He was obviously a bit disturbed and I never saw or spoke to him again.
[post=283065]Quoted post[/post]​

RunnerSF:
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Feb 14 2005, 02:36 PM
Okay, I am about to get really quite personal here. I've left out a few graphic details but I got gonorrhea from a guy who raped me.
[post=283065]Quoted post[/post]​

Hugs to you Jeep

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow guys! Thanks for all the hugs and support. It was a hard thing to deal with especially since I didn't recall too much of it. I can only imagine how it would affected me had it been more violent and I were more aware of what was happening. I am just the kinda person that deals with things and moves on. I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I had a difficult time being sexually intimate again, however it did take me a while to get use to being tied up in bed again and I sometimes get a little panicked. I chose not to dwell on the experience but to learn from it and hopefully that has made me a wiser and stronger person.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nothing sexual (well, not this time) ... just giving Kyle a friendly hug for trusting us enough to share an intimate and painful memory with those of us here who care about him. I'm glad that you came through it and still have such a positive attitude. :)

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Feb 16 2005, 12:38 AM
Nothing sexual (well, not this time) ... just giving Kyle a friendly hug for trusting us enough to share an intimate and painful memory with those of us here who care about him. I'm glad that you came through it and still have such a positive attitude. :)
[post=283504]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed DMW. Definitely good that you can come through something like that and bounce back strong enough to be able to share your story with others. We'll always be here if you need us buddy.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks guys, I honestly appreciate it. Who knows, perhaps my ability to talk about and work through it may help other people deal with their own issues. Regardless, I am all warm and fuzzy now thanks to you all. :wub: