How many times do you use your razor?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by RalDudeHangin, Jan 30, 2010.

1. RalDudeHangin

RalDudeHangin Active Member

After many years with an electric razor, I've switched back to using good ol' shaving cream and razor blades. With my suit and tie job behind me, I can let the stubble grow out for a few days. My face feels sooooo much better. A razor and shaving cream is much better at handling a 4-5 day growth for me than an electric - especially after a shower.

Anyway . . . I was curious how often other guys re-use their disposable razors. Or ladies, too . . they have bits and parts that can be shaved. :)~

I usually use them 3 or 4 times. They still seem effective at that point but I ditch them anyway. Does anyone keep using them until they start skipping and scratching? o_O

FWIW, I've found the 10 pack Gilettes (twin blades) to be as effective as the more expensive ones.

2. Incocknito

Gold Member

I've been using the same one for around a year. Some of the strip is still blue (they say to change it when it turns white).

Of course I only use the razor to tidy up the edges of my stubble and occassionally to shave part of my shaft where the hairs grow.

FYI I use a Mach 3 razor, not those disposable orange Bic ones.

3. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

depends, but between five to 7 times. I use the ones with 5 blades, they blunt less quickly because the shaving is spread over the 5 blades.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I use the Mach 3, they last about a week!

5. DAMP1

DAMP1 Active Member

I use the Fusion - I can't remember how long it is between changes, a can guess maybe 2 months or so. The battery lasts at least a year.... only downside is they are a bit expensive - I wouldn't use anything else, its just great.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice