How many young British men wear jockstraps?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by cjfp18, May 15, 2012.

1. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
    There must be a few Brits into them - if you're down Piccadilly Circus way have a look in here to see who's buying:

Search Results

(Good prices too!)

2. Nic22

Nic22 New Member

Albums:
    never seen a jockstrap in the gym. tend to go commando when in gym so junk not restricted. only time i wore jock was after i got the snip. hospital gave me a jock to support my balls until healed.

3. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

The ones from Lillywhites are crap (Certanaly the Lonsdale and Slazenger ones), also knowing where they get them all from, Reydon Sports Wholesale, in Lenton, Nottingham.

Get much better choice going on line, and trying places like Wyzman, or Skiviez (Postage rates at both places for International orders are good).

4. D_Terry_Tugnuts

D_Terry_Tugnuts Account Disabled

At school I used to wear a jock for rugby and a box for cricket, and that was years ago. I wear a jock now sometimes and I'm far from young.

5. flashguyuk

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've seen odd ones at gym but not on anyone under 30,
    school we were told to have a change of underwear for after sport or wear a jock for sports or go commando, all for health/hygiene.
    I sell them, and it's usually runners/athletes who buy them for support and cricketers/fighters for protection, that does tend to be across all ages but primarily over 30's at a guess

6. ColonialBoy

ColonialBoy Member

BIKE Athletic Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    They were invented by Bike.

Never seen anybody in Australia use one (apart from cam4).

7. bigred0818

bigred0818 Active Member

Albums:
    We were advised to wear a jock for rugby, in school. Not for football, though. We wore a box for cricket. I think it depends on what sports your school did. The more heavier contact the sport was, the more we were advised to wear a jock.

Rugby players in the UK wear jocks, or fully supported compression shorts. Keeps your junk squashed up and away from rogue studs and your balls safe from getting ripped off, as much as possible. I don't think that it's an American thing, per se - more like common sense as far as safety goes. But, it's definitely an American influenced idea.

8. glansout

glansout Active Member

Albums:
    At my school (40-odd years ago) I never saw a jock - we were made to do PE and games (football, hockey, cricket, tennis) with nothing under our shorts. I think the PE master once recommended buying a jock for support when we reached the age where things were starting to grow, but most of us used to change into our bathing trunks instead (in those days, there was only the 'speedo' style!) and than back into ordinary underwear after the showers.

I'm not a gym person, but I do like jocks, and now have loads. A good source is Jockstrap Central.

9. wantlowballs

wantlowballs Active Member

jocks are alive and well in Canada

10. mancstudandy69

jockstrap for rugby at boarding school, jock with a cup for hokey.

tried wearing compression shorts at rugby when older and just always riding up my arse giving me a wedgie!

at the gym nothing worse than a guy that has worked out, has a shower then puts on the same pair of undies

11. cliftoncock

cliftoncock New Member

Interesting thread this. At school (in the early 80's) it was on the uniform list and billed as 'gentleman's support'.
    We all had them, though some needed the 'support' more than others!
    As for gyms in Britain today: try a gay gym, you'll see plenty...

12. jockmaestro

Gold Member

I meant their origin is American. From what I've read, they were invented here. Plus, I've read many comments over the years from guys from other countries and they've all said they're note widespread. In fact, even in America, their use has dwindled considerably,which is a pity. They were pushed aside by compression shorts, which don't do as good a job, in my opinion. Plus, they've become a "gay thing,"and that puts a lot of guys off. Another pity, since getting and wearing your first jockstrap was a rite of passage to manhood for many of us.

13. jockmaestro

Gold Member

How would going commando be a "health/hygiene" issue? Seems to me that at the very least, you'd want your nuts contained to prevent certain kinds of injury, even without a cup.
    I never exercise without a jockstrap or its equivalent: a sports brief.

14. cliftoncock

cliftoncock New Member

Agreed, they used to compare it to women getting their first bra. A reasonable comparison I'd say; all about support really.

15. jockmaestro

Gold Member

It's an American thing in terms of its origins. I don't find comp shorts lift ad hold my balls the way a jockstrap or jock brief does. Comp shorts always seem to press your balls in, rather than lifting them.
    Plus, it's important to distinguish between a jock and a cup (British "box"; French; "coquille" or "shell") Jocks protect to a degree by keeping your balls from swinging everywhere and getting hit. A cup/box protects from hard hits, which a plain jockstrap does not. I sometimes wore a cup strap directly over my cock and balls, but ironically, the cup would sometimes shift and pinch my sac skin between the edge of the cup andmy thighs. I took to wearing a regular jockstrap underneath, in order to surround my balls, and then a cup strap on top of that. Or sometimes a reg jock and a cup BRIEF; or, in reverse, sometimes a regular sports brief and a cup strap.

16. jockmaestro

Gold Member

How did the "r' in "arse" get dropped to produce the American "ass"?

17. cliftoncock

cliftoncock New Member

good arse/ass question

18. bigirishman

bigirishman Well-Known Member

Albums:
    they are two different words used to describe the same thing. Ass was originally the name for a donkey. Arse was you buttox. like the way the words F*ck and F*cker are of totally different origin but are used in the same context.

19. BaileyUK

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wear one at the gym always have, undies just get too hot. The jockstrap holds the boys in place, works for me, seen a few wearing them too. If I go running its either compression shorts or a jock and shorts.

20. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Very few?

Draft saved Draft deleted