How messy is your apartment/home?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
From 1 being not messy to 10 being the most messy.

Mine is a 7. Luckily my new apartment is bigger than my old one and I have more storage area. It is not cluttered and If I had to, I could run around and pick everything up and tidy things in an hour or two.

I didn't get the gay neatness gene.

D

deleted3782

Since I just had a house guest last weekend, my place is ready for the Home and Garden TV film crew. I rarely get as messy as I did when I was younger, but I to do do dusting and vacuuming once every few months...whether it needs it or not. :33:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'd say mine's a 5.
Mostly paperwork, correspondence and the like.
It needs five hours of work, to discard what's not needed and file the rest.
I was almost obsessive-compulsive about neatness in my teens, but those days are long gone.

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Mine's a 5, I have OCD and get stressed out by mess but my boyfriend's incredibly messy and I also can't be bothered to pick up after him constantly. There are extremely neat pockets next to very untidy ones, but it's mostly clothes. I've learned to develop a sort of tunnel vision to block out all the parts I don't want to see.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have always been a neat freak.....I guess it is a holdover from my old
navy days...inspection, et al. My clothes all folded in a certain way and
size (don't need a ruler anymore to get it right), everything in it's place,
etc. Can't stand dirty dishes in the sink....I cook and clean at the same
time. But, as I get older, I'm not as a neat freak as I used to be.

My building has been replacing all the windows with metal ones, and so
everything had to be moved out of the away....and as soon as they finish
the apartment will be painted. So, pictures have been taken down, books
put in boxes, etc. and I am living like I'm moving or just moved in. It is a
mess and I don't intend to do any cleaning until it is all over with.

So now my place is about a 3.... :frown1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I should try to pick up some things. I would be so embarrassed if my landlord had to come into the apartment for any reason.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'll give it a 4...it would be lower, but my bedroom is screwing it up for the whole house!

on the whole, it usually stays pretty neat around here...

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm usually around a 2-3 but for some reason entropy seems to have set in lately--I've been traveling--and I've just thrown things all over the place. Luckily, I've got friends coming tonight (lpsg ones who could conceivably report back on me) so I'll have to pull it together. Inspiration is a wonderful thing.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
been conditioned by family and roomies, as I was growing up, to keep shared "public" areas neat

library & desk tends to get cluttered with books and papers, but gets tidied periodically

bedroom is a declared hazard area

D

deleted3782

I have always been a neat freak.....I guess it is a holdover from my old navy days...inspection, et al.

That reminds me, I went to boarding school and when we left for vacation we were required to clean up our rooms, strip our beds, etc.

To this day, I can't leave my house for an extended period without cleaning it up and stripping my bed. I hate the idea of coming home to a dirty house, and I think its good to "air out" the mattress when I'm away. Funny how old habits can hold-over for long periods of time.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Right now it's bordering on a trash bag....the point where I either spend 3 hours having a blitz, or pay the price in a day or two with a mountain of cleaning. The only area of my life where I argue with my partner!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I plead the 5th. :redface:

The house is a 1.5 my room is probably an 8. But you have to understand, I moved from a 900 Sq. Ft. apartment 18 months ago, into a 10x13 room. It's hard to keep things I need, let alone want handy and accessible. 95% of what I own is in a 10x10 storage unit 3 miles away. :frown1: :irked:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From 1 being not messy to 10 being the most messy.

Mine is a 7. Luckily my new apartment is bigger than my old one and I have more storage area. It is not cluttered and If I had to, I could run around and pick everything up and tidy things in an hour or two.

I didn't get the gay neatness gene.

Mine varies from a 1 to about a 700 depending on my frame of mind, what I am doing and other factors. Fortunately, I have some large closets which I can toss everything into if guests are coming by. For some reason it always appears messier to me than to others; but, what does it matter how others feel about it, if I am bugged by it?