How might i stop my nose running?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
2010 has started with a running nose, it is ridiculously continual in nature. I am sneezing and sneezing and gone through a huge toilet roll blowing my nose.

If i have a blocked nose i take some syrup that unblocks it but as i have the reverse problem, how do i block my nose?

Any suggestion?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My advice is to let it run. When it doesn't run you get congested and will have painful sinus problems. Far better to let it run it's course and don't take anything to dry it up IMHO.

I've had similar cold symptoms for about a week now which have dried up at times causing bad sinus pain. Today I started taking a tablet from the Farmacia which have cleared my sinuses immediately but I'm back to the streaming nose which I can put up with.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Zyrtec or Claratyne (sold under the brand name Claratin in the US)

Last edited:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i thought sneezing just spreaded germs tho

The reason you sneeze is to get the germs out of your body. Yes, if other people are right there, it gets onto/into their bodies, but that's why your mom told you to cover your face when you sneeze :)

If you have a runny nose that's just too much to handle take a decongestant. Pseudoephedrine works wonders, but it's hard to come by these days. Penylephrine works too, but for some people (including me) it causes horrendous jitters.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't wanna go out to the chemist (even if its across the street), can i not just eat something that might be in my cupboards? Perhaps inhale incense? Hold my head upside down and do spins?, anything...

lvlgdck

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
use a neti pot to clean out your sinuses each day. once or twice a day usually helps. it feels weird doing it the first few times, but believe me, especially when you're sneezing a lot, the neti pot works wonders. any drug store should carry them.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
use a neti pot to clean out your sinuses each day. once or twice a day usually helps. it feels weird doing it the first few times, but believe me, especially when you're sneezing a lot, the neti pot works wonders. any drug store should carry them.

I was :eek: when I read your post as this is what it means where I come from. :smile:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

what the hell is a 'neti' pot? :redface:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't wanna go out to the chemist (even if its across the street), can i not just eat something that might be in my cupboards? Perhaps inhale incense? Hold my head upside down and do spins?, anything...

Chicken soup.

Take some Benadryl or Dayquil. It will relieve your symptoms. You are not a dog, you are not supposed to have a wet nose.