How might i stop my nose running?

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hold two zinc tablets under your tongue until they dissolve. Doesn't taste the best in the world but not to bad and it does work or at least for me it does. Saw this on a talk show many years ago from a doctor they had on there regularly.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
2010 has started with a running nose, it is ridiculously continual in nature. I am sneezing and sneezing and gone through a huge toilet roll blowing my nose.

If i have a blocked nose i take some syrup that unblocks it but as i have the reverse problem, how do i block my nose?

Any suggestion?

Antihistamines will stop the drain.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sorry to hear 2010 is starting so badly for you. All the advice with regard to letting your nose run unhindered and the nose blowing to keep everything open and clean is excellent advice. You don't want to plug up healthy sinuses and develop an infection.

Sorry to say you just have to live with it until it subsides. However, anything change in your world lately? Christmas trees (real ones) are the cause of serious allergies even if you've never been allergic before. Someone bring in a new cat or puppy to the house? Have you vacuumed lately? If ya doesn't git better in a week you might check out your environment.

Notice how I avoided being flippant by not telling you that the only way to stop your nose from running is to chase after and catch it? Did you? Huh? (sorry about that, couldn't resist)

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Notice how I avoided being flippant by not telling you that the only way to stop your nose from running is to chase after and catch it? Did you? Huh? (sorry about that, couldn't resist)

Haha, funny. I prefer this sarcasm on occassion. :smile:

ok don't listen to a girl or anything (that'd be me)...chicken soup will make you feel better but doesn't solve a runny nose. Neti pot, seriously!

So i saw the pic in the wiki link but it does'nt say how it work exactly. I take it my finger goes in the hook and the nozzle up my nose? What goes in the pot? It looks so simplistic but yet i am a man...

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't wanna go out to the chemist (even if its across the street), can i not just eat something that might be in my cupboards? Perhaps inhale incense? Hold my head upside down and do spins?, anything...
If you are too lazy to even walk across the street you get no sympathy. Basically you are SOL.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Chicken soup is great for influenza because it is a salty liquid and salty liquids are exactly what you need when you have flu. It won't help in this situation as far as I know.

A Neti pot is great, but you apparently don't have one so you can also use saline nasal spray if you have that on hand. A word of warning to everyone -- I had a torn retina a couple years ago. Fortunately the Dr. fixed it 100%. BUT -- he photographed my retinas and told me to stop using nasal decongestant spray. He showed me the damage on my retinas from using nasal spray. I've used saline spray instead ever since.

Hot mint tea would also open things up and make them drain faster. Sounds counter-intuitive but unless you're making more fluids at a faster rate, the faster you drain your sinuses the sooner they'll stop draining if that makes sense.

One of the best things for a blocked nose is to hold a teaspoon of horseradish in your mouth for a minute. The fumes etc really open up those passages. Again, sounds counter intuitive but if the posterior nasal passage open you might convert a runny nose to post nasal drip which is preferable in my opinion.

That's all I got.

Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Home remedies for a runny nose. I didn't read all these of course. Hope there is something helpful in there.

Home Remedies for a Runny Nose - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

natural cure for a runny nose - Question on runny nose

The Doctors Book of Home Remedies II Runny Nose

Best Way - Runny Nose Remedy | eHow.com

What are Some Home Remedies for a Runny Nose?

I got 177,000 hits on Google for exact phrase "runny nose" with all the words "cure" and "remedy" so if the above don't help.....

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Centigrade / Fahrenheit Converter

I thought you used Celsius in England.

Celsius? I only ever know the temp by centigrade. what is celsius, is that the same as centigrade? I'm confused and still sneezing and got distracted looking for the chicken soup, i found a caramel options and had a hot drink instead, tasted goooood.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Celsius? I only ever know the temp by centigrade. what is celsius, is that the same as centigrade? I'm confused and still sneezing and got distracted looking for the chicken soup, i found a caramel options and had a hot drink instead, tasted goooood.

Celsius (also historically known as centigrade) is a temperature scale that is named after the Swedish astronomer Anders Celsius (1701–1744), who developed a similar temperature scale two years before his death. The degree Celsius (°C) can refer to a specific temperature on the Celsius scale as well as a unit to indicate a temperature interval (a difference between two temperatures or an uncertainty).

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Always found that just ONE Antihistamine ..often does the trick Mitch
fr me anyways..
the mild sedative ones best fr me..sleep it off .. wake up and all better
ie.. non existent, drys the fcker up.
enz

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Always found that just ONE Antihistamine ..often does the trick Mitch
fr me anyways..
the mild sedative ones best fr me..sleep it off .. wake up and all better
ie.. non existent, drys the fcker up.
enz

Yea, i used the links that BigDD suggested and antihistimines kept cropping up bur it also said that if it is a virus causing the running nose then it could linger around longer. I don't suffer any allergies that i know of so i think i'm gonna have to do the next bedt thing like others have said and just let it run (haha) its course.