How might i stop my nose running?

Stop eating choc for a couple of days and u may feel better. ;)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yea, i used the links that BigDD suggested and antihistimines kept cropping up bur it also said that if it is a virus causing the running nose then it could linger around longer. I don't suffer any allergies that i know of so i think i'm gonna have to do the next bedt thing like others have said and just let it run (haha) its course.

If doesn't make sense to suffer with a runny nose when there is so much modern medicine out there. Some will dry you up too much, but the 24 hour ones are good and work more gradually. The good ones are the ones that were available only by prescription a few years back.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry mem, i missed yr post -6- re Claratyne
yep thats the one Polaramine fr me
and Mitch..i reckon he is right..
if you start running' fr a day or more...you MAY want to consider getting that stuff
written info like you have read ..while good .. it aint Gospel
I had Hayfever..for years...after several weeks of one of those tabs daily.
.i have NOT had Hayfever (Allergy) again
been clear of it for about 8 years now
soooooooooooooo ya just never know..
just a thought
enz
my 2nd post also ..so i better shut up now..haha

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have to agree with the neti pot pushers on here-- it feels really weird the first few times you use it ....like getting water up your nose when swimming-- but it cleans out your sinuses-- use an antihistamine and then use the neti pot (I suggest using it in the shower) after getting all the gunk out of your sinuses you should be good to go...until they fill up again.

If you don't have a neti pot just try pouring saline (I'm pretty sure it'd be safe to use contact lense saline) in one nostril with head tipped so it pours out the other nostril

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Get some Night Nurse/Day Nurse or any of the Beechams capsules etc containing a decongestant. The chemist's only across the road, so you won't get that cold.

Breathing steam can sometimes help, especially if you add menthol to it - just don't add too much.

Get some tissues with a balm or moisturiser in them too or you'll end up looking like Rudolph.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I keep waiting for a good solution on the way to stop a nose frm running. MIne is now in day 3 although not as wet today. It seems to come and go to come and go~~~would this be an appropriate time to start singiing Karma Chameleon?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well it was -7 degree C on the way to work this morning and i think its frozen the insides cos i'm running a lot less than i was, still sneezing every so often.

And too late...i'm already rudolphed! :)