How much annoyance is too much?

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Assume you know a guy/girl with whom you have amazing sex.
Also assume that he's/she's rather annoying, exaccerbating, and insulting.

What would it take for you to just say "It just aint worth it any more, GTFO"?

As a guy... Would this action make you feel one step closer to being homosexual? Turning down free sex after all has been hailed as one dumb ass thing to do. As a female would this make you feel empowered or would you feel just as stupid as any male?

Where's your line??

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel your pain, definitely. I've been in a relationship for the past three and a half years and after about two the irritations really started to set in. The only way around it for me was to propose a far more open relationship whereby we live in separate apartments and only do things together when we really feel like it. We're also free to hang out with whoever and tentatively explore our options. Space is the best thing you can introduce if she's annoying but otherwise okay.

I've told her I like 80% of her but that sometimes she's just too much for me to deal with. She's a very decent girl though. She does really like me and looks after me and such so I'm hesitant to break it off completely. I think I only would if I ever met someone who completely blew me away. Then I'd be totally honest with her regarding that.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Assume you know a guy/girl with whom you have amazing sex.
Also assume that he's/she's rather annoying, exaccerbating, and insulting.

What would it take for you to just say "It just aint worth it any more, GTFO"?

As a guy... Would this action make you feel one step closer to being homosexual? Turning down free sex after all has been hailed as one dumb ass thing to do. As a female would this make you feel empowered or would you feel just as stupid as any male?

Where's your line??

What are you 14? Turning down sex does not make you gay. Staying in a relationship for sex with someone you can't stand makes you stupid.

The line for me is the minute he becomes verbally or emotionally abusive. Also, if he has anger management issues I'm out the door. Men like that don't change their behavior just escalates until they are beating the crap out of you.

Leaving a bad relationship early would not make me feel stupid. There are plenty of fish in the sea. I'm sure she's not the only one you can have amazing sex with.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I have never stayed in a relationship just for the sex. Never.

Nor would I.

Your other questions are just silly. "Turning down free sex after all has been hailed as one dumb ass thing to do. As a female would this make you feel empowered or would you feel just as stupid as any male?"

Turning down free sex is not dumb. And the sex you are talking about is not free - you are talking about sex at the cost of your self respect - which is what sex with someone annoying / insulting is - that strikes me as a fairly hefty price.

Do I feel empowered when I turn men down? No - I don't - I feel vaguely awkward and a little apologetic oddly enough. It's not nice to be turned down. I suppose if a guy is being a complete ego maniac about it I wouldn't feel that way.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Yes I have turned a big dig, with lots of stamina. His inability to cope with life's setbacks, meant that he took it out on me and when he was caught lying to me, he couldn't man up and just take his lumps.

I don't expect anyone to be perfect, but it's time to be honest and put it out on the table, you have to be willing to do that.

I didn't make me feel gay to turn him down.

If you think that's the reason you might feel that way, I think you might be using the gf as an excuse.

The longer we are in relationships, the more we see people as they really are and the more they us as we truly are. We all have our flaws.

My line is if he's not going to be upfront with me and is going to engage in behaviors that put me at risk, then I leave. It's that simple. Everything else I can handle, personality stuff etc.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To the OP, why waste time with someone you don't really like all that much, even if the sex is good?

I've told her I like 80% of her but that sometimes she's just too much for me to deal with. She's a very decent girl though. She does really like me and looks after me and such so I'm hesitant to break it off completely. I think I only would if I ever met someone who completely blew me away. Then I'd be totally honest with her regarding that.

Wow, if someone I was dating said that to me I'd be out the door. Does she know if Ms. Right comes along that you'll be hightailing it our of your relationship? This is something you should discuss with her. You're being monumentally unfair to both of you.

Again, why waste time with someone whom you know isn't right for you?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
A catch of the day? Maybehaps...

If you stay in a relationship just because of the sex, you need a wider circle of friends, or need to go out more. I had that situation. Nice woman, large breasts, willing to do a lot...but she didn't know anything, and kept wanting to indulge in baby talk and talk to her breasts, which she had given names....

...she wasn't insulting or mean, she just wasn't inclined to talk sense or about things.

And she drank like a fish.

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To the OP, why waste time with someone you don't really like all that much, even if the sex is good?

Wow, if someone I was dating said that to me I'd be out the door. Does she know if Ms. Right comes along that you'll be hightailing it our of your relationship? This is something you should discuss with her. You're being monumentally unfair to both of you.

Again, why waste time with someone whom you know isn't right for you?

Well, it'd be different if we were dating for a week and I'd said that, but after all this time it's not going to cause that much of a stir. It's just the truth in that instead of feeling more attached as time's gone by, I've felt more agitated and dissatisfied. But the thing is, there's still lots of good things to fall back on so it's not that clear cut. Not everyone's looking for their one true love and I'm sure lots of people have been in something that only sort of works, and the parts that do work are great. It's not easy to weigh up whether it's enough to stick around and that's something I've been having a hard time with. She does know my feelings about this and I've told her she's free to go if something amazing comes her way. I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it. I'm just very on the fence about things. I've also been a good guy to her all this time, no double life or anything.

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sex is not always the most important thing in a relationship. I go for compatibility first.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What are you 14? Turning down sex does not make you gay. Staying in a relationship for sex with someone you can't stand makes you stupid.

That's about correct. I have a fairly low tolerance for annoyance and personality conflicts after a long-term relationship marred with them, so I'm very thankful I still have years ahead of me to try and find a person that meets my fairly stringent compatability (largely intelligence/wittiness) requirements.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My annoying 'relationship' is purely sexual and frankly if I had a good girl to do in the ass all night long, I'd be all over it and she wouldn't be around. Everyone has dry spells.

But I am dating another girl. So, who knows what will happen?

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've never stayed in a relationship just for sex, but I have stayed in one for love (or what I thought was love). I learned a lot from that experience, though - not only in terms of what I want from a relationship but also that there are worse things in life than being single... like being with the wrong person.