How much cock is it acceptable to show?

anonimar

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, so let's paint the scene. A 31" waist, nicely developed butt and strong thick thighs/legs as a result of ten years of regular mountain biking. Now this is a lower body that slips nicely into a pair of well-fitting 501s; shapely butt, shapely legs. It's a good look. And there's no harm in looking good is there? Some guys grow designer stubble. Some wear those muscle tops. It's all about showing the best part of your form. And while others may admire from a distance, no one objects.

But...back to the jeans scenario; do things/levels of acceptance change if you're hung and it shows? My mates have a similar build...it's ok for them to wear nicely hugging jeans, but because I pack my jeans a lot more and have a VPL, it's kinda not so good - I get a lot of 'put it away!' or 'get jeans that fit' quips...but they do fit...it's just around the front they're a bit...obvious.

So do I stick to my guns, or succumb and go baggy, in jeans that don't flatter a nice bod?

what do you think please gang?

cyberczar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can relate to the OP with this. There is a definite double standard with regards to hung guys.

Part of the problem I think is that society sees a man's penis as nothing but sexual. It's kinda like women wearing tight blouses or low cut shirts and showing lots of cleavage.

It's seen as an overt sexual act. Flaunting one's sexuality.

For guys like us who will show pretty much no matter what we're wearing, we're damned one way or another.

While you may like the jeans, and while the jeans may be comfortable, accept the fact that if you're hung and sporting a large basket, society will interpret it as flaunting your sexuality and take it as an overt act.

It's not fair, but then again life isn't fair.

I only wear jeans around the house or if I'm going out socially. I don't wear them when going grocery shopping or to Home Depot or what not because frankly the gawks and stares get tiring. Nope, for them it's either cargo pants, or loose fitting trousers, or even cargo shorts. I've found cargo pants and shorts can hide a great deal.

Lately, because I've gotten back into running much more, and because the weather has gotten cooler, I've been wearing cargo shorts and a sweatshirt during the day. My legs rarely get cold and I'm much more comfortable.

YMMV.

Take care!

-mjc

D

deleted3782

Do what you want...and eventually your mates will get used to it and keep quiet.

anonimar

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
cheers bud :)

well. i'm not waving it about, but they make me feel conscious of it. On one hand, I think maybe I should be more modest, and work to conceal it. On the other hand I think 'fuck it, if that's what I've got, that's what I've got'. It's as much a part of me as well... any other part of me. No one asks me to make my large hands or feet more discrete...why does one part of the anatomy need more discretion than another? I blame Levis...they need to make a bit more room down there! :)

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Sounds pretty hot to me, so I'd say stick to your gun(s). Fit can vary a lot from brand to brand... have your tried others? I must say, though -- sounds to me as though your buds are just a wee bit jealous.

Btw, we'll need pics to tell for certain... :tongue:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
you are gay.

Show it, because potentially interested males will be more interested having seen it.

Those complaining are either threatened ( maybe their boyfriend can't resist large dicks- or maybe they fear they can't compete for attention against your endowment )

Or they are Jealous... or members of the self appointed pants police...

And what straight men or women think is immaterial.

anonimar

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can relate to the OP with this. There is a definite double standard with regards to hung guys.

Part of the problem I think is that society sees a man's penis as nothing but sexual. It's kinda like women wearing tight blouses or low cut shirts and showing lots of cleavage.

For guys like us who will show pretty much no matter what we're wearing, we're damned one way or another.

While you may like the jeans, and while the jeans may be comfortable, accept the fact that if you're hung and sporting a large basket, society will interpret it as flaunting your sexuality and take it as an overt act.

I only wear jeans around the house or if I'm going out socially. I don't wear them when going grocery shopping or to Home Depot or what not because frankly the gawks and stares get tiring. Nope, for them it's either cargo pants, or loose fitting trousers, or even cargo shorts. I've found cargo pants and shorts can hide a great deal.

Lately, because I've gotten back into running much more, and because the weather has gotten cooler, I've been wearing cargo shorts and a sweatshirt during the day. My legs rarely get cold and I'm much more comfortable.

YMMV.

Take care!

-mjc

i think your right 100%; there's a duplicity of standards at work. Show large hands (which I've got) and that's ok/the subject of a harmless joke; have a large package, and it's considered crass or crude - yet you can use your small/medium/big hands as effectively during intimacy and love making, as you can a big penis.

This dissing makes you feel conscious of it, which is weird inasmuch as if a guy has/earnt/developed huge pecs, he's happy to flaunt them in the gym and be respected for it; but if you swan into the gym showers with the third leg that genetics gave you, then the reception will be noticeably more hostile (I'm not expecting guys to come pat me on the back and say 'shit, love your cock, mate', but either through suspicion or resentment to it, you get the feeling that other guys don't like it or you. BTW, I live in a small village, so the open mindedness of big towns is decades behind here).

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Really, just wear whatever you want to wear! I might be a girl, but I think its very sexy to see a (little) bulge in the jeans! Flaunt them, honey! :)

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Be honest: If what you have iis modest does it really matter? Just don't pad it to give a wrong impression! But, if you are exceptionally well-endowed you are quite right in letting the bulge reveal what you have. Not all well-endowed men are great partners and many of us who are more modestly endowed have discovered in that it's not what you have but what you do with what you have. That may be a tired statement but it still carries a lot of truth.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Cyber Czar pretty much got 100% in my opinion...

Worked for a company years ago, an older 'schlebby' guy, stocky, balding, hairy, born to wear polyester type, wife, 2 kids, hen pecked, religious, a suburban dad if EVER there was one...and apparantly hung like a MULE. He honestly looked like he was packing a grapefruit in his pants, (as near as I could figure out he was avg hung but had nuts like melons)...

Anyhow, the office mgr (a well, bitch if ever there was one) was complaining at length one day about how utterly DISGUSTING he was and how he MUST be some kind of pervert...

After listening to this hogwash I finally asked if she was willing to buy him a new warddrobe? she asked why? I said well, can you imagine trying to find pants that fit 'right' to hide all that?

I then asked about the 'double standard' (the point being this woman wore bloses so low in front (she was a HUGE set of....) that you could see her (well, disgusting) tit tattooes (don't ask, really), and if sgh leaned over I do believe she would have fallen out.... she dressed fairly decently but always had the 'goods in the window' (and was obviouly VERY VERY proud of her 'girlls' ...I do think the other guy would have gladly 'trimmed down' but he,like you, had to live with what he had...(I remember we once went to a meeting with chairs with narrow arms, and he kept shifting in his seat to get comfortable)

sorry, didn't mean to rant- there **IS** a lousy double standard out there...

Being older I do remweber when 'being a man' was not some sortof crime...

I say do whats comfortable BUT consider perhaps some tapered slacks (the pleats DO give more room,trust me..._)

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Cyber Czar pretty much got 100% in my opinion...

Worked for a company years ago, an older 'schlebby' guy, stocky, balding, hairy, born to wear polyester type, wife, 2 kids, hen pecked, religious, a suburban dad if EVER there was one...and apparantly hung like a MULE. He honestly looked like he was packing a grapefruit in his pants, (as near as I could figure out he was avg hung but had nuts like melons)...

Anyhow, the office mgr (a well, bitch if ever there was one) was complaining at length one day about how utterly DISGUSTING he was and how he MUST be some kind of pervert...

After listening to this hogwash I finally asked if she was willing to buy him a new warddrobe? she asked why? I said well, can you imagine trying to find pants that fit 'right' to hide all that?

I then asked about the 'double standard' (the point being this woman wore bloses so low in front (she was a HUGE set of....) that you could see her (well, disgusting) tit tattooes (don't ask, really), and if sgh leaned over I do believe she would have fallen out.... she dressed fairly decently but always had the 'goods in the window' (and was obviouly VERY VERY proud of her 'girlls' ...I do think the other guy would have gladly 'trimmed down' but he,like you, had to live with what he had...(I remember we once went to a meeting with chairs with narrow arms, and he kept shifting in his seat to get comfortable)

sorry, didn't mean to rant- there **IS** a lousy double standard out there...

Being older I do remweber when 'being a man' was not some sortof crime...

I say do whats comfortable BUT consider perhaps some tapered slacks (the pleats DO give more room,trust me..._)

Not a double standard at all. Now if she was showing vagina I'd aggree. there's plenty of men out there with their shirts off that should be covered up and or in need of a bra!

SilverSoldier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

YMMV.

Take care!

-mjc

Great advice from Cyberczar. There is a time and place. There are lots of things I don't reveal (literally and figuratively) based on the comfort level of others, the situation/circumstances, etc. We have to face that this is a very imperfect world. But there is a time and place to relax, there is a time and place to be more formal. Developing a sense of propriety about both will get you much further in life than telling everyone who disagrees with you to f*** off. So as suggested, you might have some very sexy jeans, and you might have some jeans/trousers that aren't revealing at all. When you think about it, it's keeping other people's feelings in mind, as well as balancing your own. Nothing wrong with that.

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Interesting about the co-worker...I'm sure if he were muscular and good-looking, no one would have minded his obvious bulge. It's kinda like how no one minds being flirted with by Brangelina @ work, but when Don Knotts makes suggestive comments it's sexual harassment.

I always have this dilemma with THO (titty hard-ons) - I have small breasts, so my nipples are fairly erect most of the time...wearing a bra for support reasons is pointless and unnecessary for me, but usually I don't feel like having everyone stare at my chest, so I add a second layer/undershirt. Sometimes, though, I'm in a "who gives a fuck?" mood, and I'll just wear one layer.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting about the co-worker...I'm sure if he were muscular and good-looking, no one would have minded his obvious bulge. It's kinda like how no one minds being flirted with by Brangelina @ work, but when Don Knotts makes suggestive comments it's sexual harassment.

I always have this dilemma with THO (titty hard-ons) - I have small breasts, so my nipples are fairly erect most of the time...wearing a bra for support reasons is pointless and unnecessary for me, but usually I don't feel like having everyone stare at my chest, so I add a second layer/undershirt. Sometimes, though, I'm in a "who gives a fuck?" mood, and I'll just wear one layer.

That sounds like an excellent excuse not to ever wear a bra, if there really is all that much good reason for all women to wear bras anyway? I don't see any problem with tit bulges showing through one's shirt, as long as it isn't see-through or on-purpose. As with some guys, some people's "endowments" are just going to tend to naturally show, almost no matter what. Wearing a second layer of clothing makes sense, if it's cold, and one needs the insulation, but face it, human bodies are curvy, and I think that hardly need be "shameful."

And I certainly am not likely to consider innocent comments as "sexual harassment," if they don't appear "threatening," and so why not "brush" some things off, preferring "free speech" over needless posturing or intimidation. I often will make some remark to people talking, if I find their language overly crude, without trying to get anybody in trouble. Some people have some "bad habits" that they could work on a bit, at least when I am around.