How much do i have to talk?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Kassokilleri2ff, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Kassokilleri2ff

Girls, ladies, women. You talk...alot. A whole hell of a lot. And while im sitting there, on the phone or in person, listening to how your day went, i wonder if im not saying enough. Do you want me to butt into whatever your saying, and say a little somthing of my own that relates, or do you want me to just stay quiet and be like, "oh yea? oh realy? cool, uh huh yup" and stuff like that.
    Whenever im talking to a girl i feel like im boring or somthing cuz i couldent possibly think of as much stuff to say as you all do. And even if i could think of all that to say, i would feel stupid talking about all that while you just sit there. I swear i can sit there and ignore a girl, and she will talk for like 10 minutes straight and never hear a peep out of me. If i make a comment and sombody doesent respond to it, i think they are ignoring me or think w/e i said was stupid and ill stop talking lol.
    Im just wondering, how much do you want me to put into your daily...i dunno, when you tell your man or w/e absolutly every event of the day, how much do you want me to put into there, or should i just shut up? lol.

2. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

I have a coworker (male) who always goes to lunch with me and another coworker (both female). When we begin to talk and he can tell it is going to be a long one. He politely interrupts and says ... is this a L or F.

L = listen and F = fix.

The first time he did this, he cracked us up. I shared it with a therapist friend and she says he is a genius to have figured that out. But you know what it works. Sometimes, I want them to listen and participate. Other times, I desire for them to fix it.

3. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

I tend to listen more than I talk unless it's a subject I have a strong opinion on

4. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I'm more of a listener too - VERY shy. Once I open up I can talk though, but it takes a lot of time. I am much more comfortable with sex than I am with talking.

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Sober = listener
    intoxicated = talker

6. transformer_99

Gold Member

I'd buy into the "fix" aspect, if only anything could ever be fixed. As for "listening", guys, you don't have to do that to yourself either. Thank God for 4 1/2+ hours of golf every weekend. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted