How Much Do You Dare to Tell?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Ok, I was just replying to the "what city do you live in" thread, and realized, apparently along with Pecker, that I'm very reluctant to get too specific on the internet about where I live. For that matter I'm reluctant to say who I am and what I (and my big dick) look like by posting a photo. Clearly that is not the case for all of us. Why ?

Personally, as a professional, it would be extremely awkward for me if clients knew I was bisexual, had a big dick and was telling (and showing) the world about it on the internet. I don't know that my career could survive it. How about the rest of you. Any fears of present or future repercussions ?

Norse

2. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Well, there's a similar thread in the 'Womens Issues' section, but it actually deals more with the question who you told you visit this site (ya know, in case something happens).

This is a tad different as you ask what itv would do to you in your private surroundings. For me it would be, as in your case, mildly detrimental...meaning that I would be found renting a cottage in the remoter parts of Alaska making a living of fishing and woodchopping.

Ya get my drift. no, I would also rather not have people knowing certain things about me, things I did mention here. It would not affect my professional life, as I don't have one yet ( ;D ), but it would Fuck up my private life with a capital F. I do have a pic on here, with great doubts let me tell you, but it's a vague one, and I could always deny everything. few people will doubt that if I put my foot down. I guess I expect the slim odds of anyone recognizing me to be on my side.

3. txquis

Gold Member

I've struggled with this as well....i guess i dont mind sending my pic to a few people that i know...
    but..having it sitting online, for all to see
    is kind of a weird privacy thing for me as well sometimes.

I did post dick pics for a while on the old LPSG photo deal...but i deleted them.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

My sons read this board so I've no secrets from them as far as my posting here goes but I'm still careful not to make it too easy for others (who might do me or my computer some harm) to figure out who I am.

Like the naked dream I would hate to be relegated to being universally identified as 'that famous desktop picture.' :eek: :D

Besides, the anonymity of the internet is its strength and is a large part of the success of LPSG.

Pecker

(You're just jealous because the Voices only talk to me.)

5. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I can't ever really give out my real name much, or take any face pics. They could very easily be connected to my penis pictures and damage my career as an actor in the future. I'm very private for a reason. It would seriously delegitimize my career if rumors spread and all people focused on was how big my cock was.

6. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I've given my full name here. I've used my photos for my avatars. I don't regard my involvement with this board to be a problem. My dancing job and website photo shoots might come back to bite me in the ass one day. I can't see that my LPSG posts talking about big cocks would be viewed as more scandalous than those activities where I actually show my équipage.

7. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1064004866;start=0#5 date=09/19/03 at 16:52:37]I've given my full name here.  I've used my photos for my avatars. I don't regard my involvement with this board to be a problem. My dancing job and website photo shoots might come back to bite me in the ass one day. I can't see that my LPSG posts talking about big cocks would be viewed as more scandalous than those activities where I actually show my équipage.    [/quote]
    You do immerse yourself in a life where it is acceptable to do this. I mean, you are a stripper. You get naked everyday, anyway. So, in your case, I don't see the harm in giving out your real name or giving out pictures and doing photo shoots. I think it's less socially acceptable for people with other jobs to have nude pics with their face or name attached to them floating around...

8. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

[quote author=gigantikok link=board=meetgreet;num=1064004866;start=0#6 date=09/19/03 at 16:55:56]
    You do immerse yourself in a life where it is acceptable to do this.  I mean, you are a stripper.  You get naked everyday, anyway.  So, in your case, I don't see the harm in giving out your real name or giving out pictures and doing photo shoots.[/quote]

I'm not going to dance forever. Remember, I have received my Master's Degree already and will be pursuing a Doctorate. Isn't that a clue to what my future career might be? 'Dancing naked' is not exactly viewed as a positive résumé entry in the world of academia.

9. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: I'm not so concerned about it in terms of my career, but there are other considerations. Ever had a stalker? It's no more fun for a guy than it is for a girl, trust me.

10. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: I don't post my full name, email, or YIM here because I've had a lot of problem with overenthusiastic stalkers. I avoid giving too much information for personal safety reasons, and because psychopaths are such a damn nuisance and can't take a hint. But otherwise I'm pretty open about who I am, where I am, and what I'm up to. I've used a couple of face pics as my avatar, and I've posted nude pics with my face on livejournal and Yahoo, as well as having frequently showed my face while camming.

I understand where Norseman and Gig and others are coming from in regards to their professional concerns, though. But I've always lived a bohemian lifestyle, in a demimonde atmosphere, and really don't foresee any of my dick pics having a negative consequence on this beatnik existence. In fact, I'm proud, in an aesthetic sense, of a lot of the pics I've taken of myself. I think of such things as performance.

11. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=meetgreet;num=1064004866;start=0#4 date=09/19/03 at 16:49:04]I can't ever really give out my real name much, or take any face pics.  They could very easily be connected to my penis pictures and damage my career as an actor in the future.  I'm very private for a reason.  It would seriously delegitimize my career if rumors spread and all people focused on was how big my cock was.[/quote]

Yeah... all those incriminating pics of all the celebrities you find all over the web have certainly hurt the careers of all of those guys. It hasn't seemed to hurt Ewan McGregor's career.

I dunno, I am probably wrong with my way of thinking, but I would think for most any actor, nude pics would not be a big deal, no matter how "legitimate" a career the actor might be pursuing.

12. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: Never had a stalker, and I'm sure it's nasty.

I can't imagine having my friends and the other emplyees at the hospital where I work knowing about some of the things I've posted here. I'd have to move away. And if the people from my parents' church knew!!! I'd be disowned!! :D

13. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=meetgreet;num=1064004866;start=0#10 date=09/19/03 at 17:24:30]Yeah... all those incriminating pics of all the celebrities you find all over the web have certainly hurt the careers of all of those guys. It hasn't seemed to hurt Ewan McGregor's career.[/quote]
    I think that's different, though. The Ewan McGregor pics (and most of the REAL celebrity pics on the web) are just stills or vidcaptures from nude scenes in movies, i.e., from work. Gig's concern could be that if he is thought of as "that hung guy who has put nude pics all over the internet", casting directors may take him less seriously. But then, I'll let Gig, speak for himself... oh, Gig! :)

14. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Quoting from DMW: "I'm not going to dance forever. Remember, I have received my Master's Degree already and will be pursuing a Doctorate. Isn't that a clue to what my future career might be? 'Dancing naked' is not exactly viewed as a positive résumé entry in the world of academia."

Yes, DMW, you bring up a good point. You've already established quite a straight forward (gay forward ?) personna, or at least it seems that way from your postings on the web. How does one move on from that ? Probably one doesn't. I guess that its less likely to crop up later to bite you in the ass if there's no secret about it in the first place.

Norse

15. Imported

Gold Member

blakeley: I won't post any personal info here or on any other site, nor will I post a pic. The cover of anonymity is a safe haven under which I have been made to feel relatively protected. However, I've been "stalked" on the internet a couple of times, and I made the mistake a few months ago of sending a full body nude pic of myself to another guy I met in the LPSG chat room, he then took it upon himself to send the pic around the internet as his own, eventhough he's almost 30 years older than myself (I'm 39 now, was 36 in the photo, he's well into his 60s!) :mad: The underlying issue here is that you can't trust anyone! When my buddy took the nude pic of me a couple of years ago, I had NO IDEA that I'd be getting MY pic back from other guys claiming it as their own!! Why do these people have to lie? Are they ashamed of their own equipment, and of their bodies? I guess they are, or else they'd send pics of themselves!
    Matt

16. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=Longhornjok link=board=meetgreet;num=1064004866;start=0#12 date=09/19/03 at 17:31:15]
    I think that's different, though. The Ewan McGregor pics (and most of the REAL celebrity pics on the web) are just stills or vidcaptures from nude scenes in movies, i.e., from work. Gig's concern could be that if he is thought of as "that hung guy who has put nude pics all over the internet", casting directors may take him less seriously. But then, I'll let Gig, speak for himself... oh, Gig! :)[/quote]
    You summed it up pretty well, LHJ. ;)

And when you are successful, people love scandal. The tabloids would probably make a bigger deal out of me having pictures online then it really is. Scandal does tend to hurt actor's careers... i.e Charlie Sheen, Rob Lowe, etc.

17. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: well for me, i cant post a pic here, because i AM very pretty and young ::), and i wouldnt want to say more than that i am in MO.
    i wouldnt care if anyone here knew me persay, or if i knew them, it woudnt change anything for me.
    but i worry about weirdos, ya know?
    thats pretty terrifying to think about.
    some ladies get nabbed at gunpoint and strangled in some nasty jerks shower....
    not good.....

18. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: Can't post nothing. Would ruin my career.

SG

longswedecock8x6 likes this.
  19. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=meetgreet;num=1064004866;start=0#15 date=09/19/03 at 20:12:44]
    Scandal does tend to hurt actor's careers... i.e Charlie Sheen, Rob Lowe, etc.[/quote]

True, but in the entertainment industry it can just as well promote them, or people's careers start off from it: Hugh Grant, Monica Lewinsky etc...

20. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: Actually, I think Hugh Grant was lucky to go on Leno and pull himself out of that hole (so to speak). I think more often than not it's the wrong kind of publicity for legit actors.

I'm not sure what Monica Lewinsky's career is these days - making purses still?. I'm assuming she didn't open a dry cleaners.

Draft saved Draft deleted