How Much Do You Know Personally About Vaginas And Vulvas?

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
If you've followed the news in any way shape or form you'll understand why i'm asking this. How much about vaginas and vulvas do you as a man know? Upfront i'll admit i only know a little. Just curious, how much would you say you are informed about them? And if you were to say a lot could you help the rest of us guys out and give some tips on what you might know?

Reactions: Toddcc987

njfellow2002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've not been following the news, so I have no idea what you are referring to. On the subject of female anatomy, it is almost shameful not to have basic understanding about the female body with all the educational material available in a clinical and educational way. Admitting you don't know much is the first step to gaining knowledge, though. Good for you. What do you feel you need help with?

here is a Planned Parenthood website to give you a head start:
Female Sexual Anatomy | Vulva, Vagina and Breasts

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
I've not been following the news, so I have no idea what you are referring to. On the subject of female anatomy, it is almost shameful not to have basic understanding about the female body with all the educational material available in a clinical and educational way. Admitting you don't know much is the first step to gaining knowledge, though. Good for you. What do you feel you need help with?

here is a Planned Parenthood website to give you a head start:
Female Sexual Anatomy | Vulva, Vagina and Breasts

Thanks for the link. Was mostly curious of how much the men of the site knew about them. And i can't really talk about the recent news since some of it is against the rules of the site but well just google (Former kentucky governor matt bevin). My knowledge only extends to what was already said here.

The vulva is the external parts of the female genitalia (labia, clitoral hood), and the vagina is the internal portion leading to the cervix.

Other than that i'm kind of ignorant.

Reactions: Toddcc987

And i can't really talk about the recent news since some of it is against the rules of the site but well just google (Former kentucky governor matt bevin). My knowledge only extends to what was already said here.

(Personally I have not a huge personal interest in vulvas or vaginas. But I subscribe to the 'Ask a Man' section and was curious so I looked it up).

I don't know if it's against the rules of this site and if it is I don't give a flying hoot.
We'll find out.
But having googled "Former kentucky governor matt bevin vulva vagina" what I read was shocking and saddening.

Wouldn't it be more useful if we do discuss the problem a victim of such horrendous acts has when there are no witnesses and no physical evidence?
And the dilemma for courts of law (juries included) when asked to believe or not the statement of one person and convict the accused or not?
Not to mention people who have this kind of thing happen to people they know and love? Who to believe?

What is awful about this, among many, many other points, is that there are people out there who define rape, limited to just physical penetration. Like an assault like that, especially in the case of the pardoned offender, would make any difference to the severity of what happened. I know in Spain people are trying and fighting to broaden the definition and I hope this will also happen in Kentucky.

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I have been reasonably well informed for some time on this. I know, for example, that most of the female reproductive system is internal and that the vulva refers to those parts which are visible externally. I know about the labia majora and labia minora, that the clitoris is at the top of the vulva, the urethral opening next and the vagina lowest. Also that, while the opening is visible from the vulva, that most of the vagina, the tube into which you insert your penis, is internal with the G-spot on the front wall and that the hymen, when intact, covers the entrance to the vagina.

In order to bring the case referred to within the rules, if we imagine instead that we were considering whether a sexual assault had taken place on an adult, virgin woman I would very suprised if the state of the hymen made a material difference. The definition of sexual assult would have to be rather narrow to require that the vagina had been penetrated. It seems to me that if a man were to put his penis between the lips of the vulva without consent, even if he did not get as far as going into the vagina, the woman concerned would feel violated and I would very much hope the law would see this as a sexual assault.

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To add to what I said above, the way virginity has historically been valued, and way an intact hymen has been seen as proof of that, may be a distraction. People may not admit it, and may talk of purity etc., but in cultures where a woman was expected to be a virgin on her wedding night, the purpose of that is to ensure that the man who was about to support her and any children she may give birth to would be supporting only his children and not those of another man. In that respect it was about making sure another man's sperm could not have been inside he and an intact hymen would presumably prove that. The difficulty is that the hymen can be broken by things other than penetration.

In the west, at least, we would regard this as a very old fashioned attitude because women have much greater freedom and may not be relying on a husband for support in the same way, but that doesn't stop some people having a double standard in this area.

Reactions: spaj8987