How much do you spend at the Supermarket per week?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
phew!!! Thank you, DF. I was getting worried that I was the only one who spent a fair bit.

I dare not even add up what I spend.... and the cash back to "feed" the kids' hungry hands is even higher!

I was coming to the conclusion that either LPSG members are spectacularly poor at keeping track of expenses (I know I am), food in the US is outrageously cheap or they simply don't eat!! $120 a month on groceries??!! I spend that much each month on Lunch ... and I eat light lunches! :biggrin1:

Not keeping a close track on food expenditure on food, it's hard to be sure, so realistically probably upwards of £300 pcm goes on 'groceries'. It's not uncommon to spend £150+ in one hit, especially when 'stocking up'. Short life items such as milk, bread, yoghurt and such like are additional - maybe £15 a week. Truth be told, it's not a closely monitored expense - eating isn't optional. :cool:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I shop at a few discount grocery stores, where I can stock up on stuff. A tin of sardines might be 50 cents. I'll buy a dozen. There was artichoke bruschetta, which sells for $4.00 at Acme, but was offered for 99 cents, so I bought a case. If I spend $100 there, it means I could have spent $250 elsewhere. I like it when sheep cheese is discounted 50%.

I can often coast a month without going to a store. Having a 23 cubic foot freezer helps.

And I can frequently get road kill deer.

blar

Experimental Member
Media
hrmmm not too sure...a large sum...but I tend to buy a lot of stuff that will hold me for some time

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Probably $200 a week or so. This includes diapers and other child accoutrements, as well as some cleaning supplies, but not all. It varies depending on what we're buying-- we spend a lot of money at Costco and we may buy a month or more of things we can freeze or that last awhile. Those trips alone can be over $300. Also my son loves fresh produce which we spend a great deal more on during the summer months when things are more available and in season.

One thing we're not accounting for, which might be why some people get on with less groceries, is how often you eat out. Whether at friends, lunch at work, McDonalds, or whatever, that can drastically reduce what you spend at the grocery store.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think I started saving more money when I opted for weekly visits to the grocery store because you can take advantage of different sales more often. I rarely "bulk up." On toiletries it makes sense, but food prices were shifting too often here, plus since I worked so much, some things would just spoil before I got a chance to get to them. Also, I was spoiled by working in a restaurant and just eating there for a majority of my meals.

Last I checked, I spent maybe $30 a week on myself. I plan out what I want to eat for the week, make a list, and then pick up the stuff as needed.

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
About £40 a week but I do have two growing sons and the eldest believes that Dr Pepper is one of the essential food groups and has medicinal purposes, unfortunately its pricey stuff!!

(Plus my red wine/ bacardi or whiskey etc!)

D

deleted3782

Anywhere from $30 to $50 depending how many TV dinners I have in inventory.