How much do you think this guy can bench?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Glauhouse Gooeypud, Feb 18, 2010.

1. D_Glauhouse Gooeypud

I saw this picture of a male model at Fashion Week who has the usual slender, athletic male model build but a side view shows that his pectoral muscles are very thick and developed. I'm trying to figure out whether this is a case where the small frame of his body just enhances the size of his chest, or if he genuinely has a strongly built "glamor muscle" chest that could rival some of your bigger muscleheads out there. His arms aren't very big either. Any one want to offer their two cents?

http://www.dlisted.com/files/imagecache/photo-preview/files/galleries/spl158740_002.jpg

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

Many swimmers get that strong chest; the "swimmer's body" is an ideal many seek to have. I'm not sure about weight-lifting, but I'll bet he could swim a really fast mile.

3. D_Portelay Porquesword

Pam looks amazing, as always.

4. D_Glauhouse Gooeypud

That's a very good point. I forgot about the swimmer's chest. My interest lies in the fact that for me personally as someone who lifts regularly, I've become more of a brick wall of muscle in all areas and it's starting to look silly. It may sound ideal to some but believe me, there's such thing as being too big.

5. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Models usually have real shallow ribcages. It is the rib cage that gives many strong looking men their sense of visual power. Models also have very small waists paired with very broad shoulders.

This model doesn't look that much stronger than the average man. He has what is referred to in the bodybuilding world as pec flare. Pec flare is genetic and just means that your tendons and ligaments are alligned so as to give the bottom of the pectoral a nice flared appearance. It has nothing to do with strength but has everything to do with who his parents were.

6. D_Diesel Oyl

D_Diesel Oyl New Member

model boy and Pam both have huge racks, proportional to their bods

7. Strontium

Strontium New Member

Albums:
    Good answer.

If you want to put a hard-and-fast figure on what he'd be lifting, I'd guess 160 to 180lb x 10 reps.

Like most models, he probably has a hard time balancing his need to be lean with his need to bulk up, and would probably have additional constraints caused by a busy lifestyle.

Being muscular is a luxury.

8. Strontium

Strontium New Member

Albums:
    Personally, I prefer Ryan Daharsh

-

Attached Files:

9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I'd guess maximum weight (imperial) would be about 135lbs

10. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

That guy is pretty small in stature - about the same height as Pam Anderson. He probably weighs about 150 lbs - and can probably bench a little more than his body wieght - maybe 200 - 210 lbs.

My guess anyway.

11. YoungHungMachine

More defined then I am. I lift 220x5 3 sets as a max day gives you an idea, But I've that body tht doesnt put on mass. I weight 170 currently

12. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I don't know, but I'm guessing a small B cup :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted