How Much Do You Touch?

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you guys who are talking about "hugging" really "hugging" or it is it really just a quick embrace with no emotion and frankly very little contact other than the chests quickly touch and one arm goes around to the back quickly and very briefly? I'd rather have a really hug than a faux hug! If you're going to hug me, then really do it!

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I grew up, at least into my teenage years, not hugging much. Our family didn't really do that. I am getting better at doing it with guys and girls, like when we are parting ways. I still am uncomfortable hugging girls I don't know well. With girls that I know, like friends' girlfriends, I sometimes hug but it is a little awkward if I've set the precedent that I haven't been hugging them.

And it seems to be more awkward being 6'3" and trying to hug a girl that's 5'3"...it just doesn't flow naturally. I have to lean down far or else wrap my arms around her head and shoulder and her head is on my chest. It just seems easier for guys that are average or even a little short to approach women for a hug since they are less intimidating.