How much does GASOLINE cost in your area?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Today I saw it as cheap as $2.52/gallon. this is in Northest NJ.

Post your price and location

For the BRITS, please post the cost of 4 liters, that is the closest to a gallon . or multiply each liter by 0.264
and If you can convert the pounds to $$ . $1 = 2 pounds. that would be helpful too. I think you guys pay more than 2x as much as we do.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
We had a thread about this before and I still think many Americans are whinging over nothing.

Here (Ireland)
1.18 / litre (4€47 per gallon - app $6.12 per gallon)

Where I live (France)
1.31 / litre (4€96 per gallon - app $6.80 per gallon)

Other countries - do the maths yourself!: AA Ireland : Petrol Prices

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We had a thread about this before and I still think many Americans are whinging over nothing.

Here (Ireland)
1.18 / litre (4€47 per gallon - app $6.12 per gallon)

Where I live (France)
1.31 / litre (4€96 per gallon - app $6.80 per gallon)

Other countries - do the maths yourself!: AA Ireland : Petrol Prices

I understand your point. But the reason you are paying so much is that oyur governments are taxing you to death on gasoline. A few years ago Gas here was a little over $1 and that included taxes.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I understand your point. But the reason you are paying so much is that oyur governments are taxing you to death on gasoline. A few years ago Gas here was a little over $1 and that included taxes.

I don't have a government - I don't vote. I am subjected to the governments of others. Please refer to them as 'the' governments, as they really are not my fault, nor my responsibility.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't have a government - I don't vote. I am subjected to the governments of others. Please refer to them as 'the' governments, as they really are not my fault, nor my responsibility.

Many people on here sent me private messages and told me that you do in fact have a government.:wink:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Yes, and I think our government isn't taxing us enough! President Bush just today said that he's against raising the gas tax. Meanwhile, our infrastructure continues to crumble. I started the other thread which ManlyB. mentioned. In that thread I complained (half-heartedly) that I now had to give five dollars for gas to people who I bummed rides from, as I don't drive myself, because of the high gas prices. I would gladly give twice that if I knew it was going to go back into our roads, and other forms of transportation, rather than into the pockets of oil company execs. Just the other day here in Albuquerque it was announced that two long-awaited road projects were being put on hold because of a lack in federal funding. Higher gas prices due to taxes isn't a problem for me, inflated gas prices for profit, is!

BTW, the current price for gas here is $2.81 a gallon.:biggrin:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We had a thread about this before and I still think many Americans are whining over nothing.

Fine, I'll fuck off so...
:confused: I didn't tell you to fuck off! :confused:

I understand your annoyance that this topic has been covered before. However, revisiting this is far less annoying than the 2300 new threads on: Is my dick big enough? Tell the truth, no woman needs more than 4" to be satisfied, Are black men really bigger than white men, etc.

I cannot speak for everybody in the United States but there was a time not so long ago when I was able to work and gas was over $3.70 a gallon in New Jersey. My monthly gas budget went from $120 to $310. It wasn't gradual either it happend over the course of 2 weeks. When you live paycheck to paycheck thats a big fucking deal. Mass transit was not an option, I didn't think I was too good for it. It literally was not available in my area! Nor was there the option of car pooling, trust me I looked into it. Thank God for sick days because I used a couple of them when I literally didn't have the money to buy gas to get to work.

Most of the United States (and I know because I have driven and taught in many states) do not have mass transit available to its populace. Should this be changed? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! But I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. :frown1: Trains used to be a fun, inexpensive way to travel. Amtrak from Atlanta, GA to New York, NY costs way more than flying.

So please excuse our whining :redface: but this is a big deal for us Yanks.

MonsterUncut

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just saw $2.69 per gallon today, (Seattle), but have paid as much as $3.82 on the Olympic Peninsula. Waaaaaay to much. Supply & demand....

Peace

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I filled up the car today and it was €0.77 a litre. It's late here and I haven't the patience to calculate it into dollars but it works out about half the price of what they pay in the UK.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Cheap?

Has everyone totally lost the ability to remember things?!?

Let's use this week in recent history as our point of analysis, and a big-ass state as the sample average, shall we?

Date, Price per Gallon, dYTY, dTotal*
  • Aug 7, 2000: $1.455
  • Aug 6, 2001: $1.286, -11.6%, -11.6%
  • Aug 5, 2002: $1.322, +2.8%, -9.1%
  • Aug 4, 2003: $1.446, +9.4%, -0.6%
  • Aug 2, 2004: $1.767, +22.2%, +21.4%
  • Aug 8, 2005: $2.320, +31.3%, +59.5%
  • Aug 7, 2006: $2.911, +25.5%, +100.1%
  • Aug 6, 2007: $2.703, -7.1%, +85.8%

Yeah, gasoline is a real fucking bargain right now. Show me some other retail commodity that has doubled in price in the past six years and I'll eat the keys to my car.

* Source = U.S. Dept. of Energy

chase1001

Experimental Member
Media

Post your price and location

For the BRITS, please post the cost of 4 liters, that is the closest to a gallon . or multiply each liter by 0.264
and If you can convert the pounds to $$ . $1 = 2 pounds. that would be helpful too. I think you guys pay more than 2x as much as we do.

I cant believe $2.52 is now considered cheap, It wasnt too long ago I was outraged at gas being $1.99......I filled up today at $3.29/gallon.....:mad:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I cant believe $2.52 is now considered cheap, It wasnt too long ago I was outraged at gas being $1.99......I filled up today at $3.29/gallon.....:mad:

Using the calculation given by the OP the Brits are paying almost $9 a gallon and you guys are moaning about Gas priced at less than $3. :rolleyes: