How much does GASOLINE cost in your area?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not moaning. I can remember when it was as little as 18 cents a gallon, but considering the rate at which everything else has inflated, gasoline is still a deal. We also have so many alternatives in transportation here that others may not. It's a silly thing to bitch about.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not moaning. I can remember when it was as little as 18 cents a gallon, but considering the rate at which everything else has inflated, gasoline is still a deal. We also have so many alternatives in transportation here that others may not. It's a silly thing to bitch about.

I wasn't meaning you in particular. I just get the feeling that folks in the US give the price of Gas more importance that it perhaps deserves. You get quite a good deal actually compared to a lot of Countries.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got my first car the summer of 1986. I was 20 and it was a Chevy Sprint Plus.

I can't remember how large the gas tank was, but I do recall floating into the gas station on fumes once, giving the guy a $10 and getting back $2.00 change. :biggrin1: Ahhh those were the good old days . . .

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
There is very little fresh Milk on the Island and most is UHT - we pay the equivalent of about $2.50 a gallon. Fresh milk is about 3 times that.
Wow. We pay less than you do for UHT. 'Course, UHT is higher here, the the tune of about two bucks a litre.

We've got it good here, and we don't do enough to help those less fortunate.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow. We pay less than you do for UHT. 'Course, UHT is higher here, the the tune of about two bucks a litre.

We've got it good here, and we don't do enough to help those less fortunate.

To be fair what we pay is not a good guage. We are part of Spain yet have special tax status and at the same time we are over 1000 miles from Europe so pay higher prices for some things due to us being isloated.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
There is very little fresh Milk on the Island and most is UHT - we pay the equivalent of about $2.50 a gallon. Fresh milk is about 3 times that.

UHT is slightly dearer than that in France, and fresh (though readily available in supermarkets) is dearer again.

Ireland is worse - but the milk is such damn good quality that I really don't mind at the moment. As is the butter... which is also bloody dear.

Hick - feel free to make a donation anytime :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I don't buy milk on a regular basis. I think it is $3.69 a gallon
'

What is UHT?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
UHT is slightly dearer than that in France, and fresh (though readily available in supermarkets) is dearer again.

Ireland is worse - but the milk is such damn good quality that I really don't mind at the moment. As is the butter... which is also bloody dear.

I'm putting together my package for you as I write this.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's ultra-pasteurized milk. It can be kept at room temperature with a fairly long shelf life. A year, I think.

I never heard of that . We have something called Parmalat. But I think it is just regular milk sealed in a tight, heavy carton so that it will stay fresh untill opened.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Milk is going for about $2.50 a gallon here.:biggrin: Although, it can range from $2.00 to over $4.00 depending on where you get it and what kind it is.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

What is "dearer" we don't use that term here.

Plus the Parmalat UHT here is more expensive than fresh whole milk.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
but considering the rate at which everything else has inflated, gasoline is still a deal.

Really? By that reasoning, I should expect the majority of commonly consumed retail commodities to currently sell at prices approaching twice their 2000 levels. Yet, this is not the case. Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Get a Prius. I get like 60 miles per gallon and it only costs about 20-25 bucks to fill up each time.