How Much For a Haircut?

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I buzz my hair myself. When I divide the $20 price of electric clippers by the number of times I've cut my hair since I purchased the clippers, I'm probably paying something like $0.002 per haircut.

I use the 1 inch comb on my head and the #6 setting on my beard trimmer.So about $0.004 per session.I did not count the genital trimming!:rolleyes:

lowteg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
pay about $25 AUD but the benefits are a few HOT petite brunette girls work at this place and they know me =)), even when I call up to make a booking they know my voice hahaha...but yeah you have to book like 5 days in advance at this place and they do a decent job...

D

deleted3782

I pay anywhere bewteen $15 and $20 for a haircut, unless I'm in New York, where I go to Astor Place and get a haircut for $8 or so...and one of the best haircuts around.

D

deleted213967

Hey Guys -

Just checking in to see how much you pay for a decent haircut? I am paying sixty bucks. I am happy with how it looks so I don't mind paying that. Does anyone here get an awesome haircut for less than that? In Boston I payed double that on Newbury Street but the way my hair is cut now I like better. I would appreciate your thoughts.

I have a deal with her. 18 bucks only but I go there almost every week.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I only get my hair cut once every 8 months, I have a friend who dyes it and stuff for me. So a regluar trip usually costs $25, but I have 25+ inches of hair and it gets shampoo'd and straightened.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
goddamn bruddah! i spend 15 on mine, and that's with tip! what does a 60 dollar hair cut look like? and are you gettin anything more than just a shampoo and a cut? like, does it come with one happy ending or something like that?

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think its more of a psychological thing more than anything. You just feel a bit more important when you pay more for the exact same product, like your paying for a name brand so you can say you got it or bought it from a store rather than just be with the majority and buy it at a 'normal' store. Same goes for haircuts. You cannot help but feel a bit smug when you say that you got your haircut at a place that has a three week waiting list rather than at a place which you just pay 18 bucks and walk straight in and straight out as it were.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ahhh... the perks of living in the third world..

For 6 bucks I get an excellent cut, shampoo, a shave, eyebrows, nose hairs and ears clipped (once he used hot wax on the ears! :eek: ). He also massages my scalp, neck and shoulders and offers cigarettes and has tea delivered from the restaurant up the street. For an extra $5.00 he calls in a girl for a manicure.

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
please be sure to chastise the anti-expensive haircut posters :) (remember when I said 7 jeans were too expensive and people wanted to crucify me?)

Anyway, haircut prices should depend on the skill involved. More than $12 for a clipper buzz cut is too much, imo.

aye-jai

Experimental Member
Media
hey i know i dont post here often but as a hairdresser had to offer my insight on this. i charge 45 for a mens cut and its the average in the area. some are more and some are less. but you really do get what you pay for. if a client is booking 1/2 hour of my time for a cut and im using that 30 minutes i should be compinsated for that time. your not getting a quick 10 min cut, and yes your also paying for the extra's the coffee tea and refreshments the "hot girl" to shampoo and rub your head. it all factors into the price of the hair cut.

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
there's not much to cut any more, but ii've been going to my place about 6 years. has always charged $12 and I give a $5 tip every time. as u can see in my profile, not much to cut. like it to be high and tight. I go every 10 days to 2 weeks and it takes about 20 minutes. plus i send a sandwich, meats and cheese tray every year the week before Christmas. They always say they like me the best outta all their clients. mostly the owner cuts my hair. she's gorgeous and knows my story. my bf's sister even goes in to get her $80 dye and cuts once in a while.